What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

Azkatro

First Grade
I hope for his sake he does the right thing by himself and hangs up the boots. I think the last time he played consistently good footy was at the end of the 2005 season, since then it's been patchy at best and before that you would probably have go back to 2003.

_Johnsy

Referee
Unless it something fairly serious i don't know why they would hold a press conference?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
players hold press conferences for everything these days. it's standard practice doesnt have to be serious.

Jono078

Referee
The way they said it it's almost as if Johns is trying to convince the Doctors he'll be fine to play on or something lol.

:(

Titanic

First Grade
If he stays - great; if his long-term health isn't challenged - even better; if he retires - great memories but not the end of the world (even Dally Messenger, King Wally and Terry Lamb stopped playing). Friggin' fantastic player.

Frederick

Staff member
So wait, if the announcement about him has been delayed til 4, what exactly have they been talking about for the past half hour? :?
Will the team still be named, or is that put off as well?

RABK

Referee
My gut feeling is that he's been told he could play but would be risking serious injury and hence has been advised to retire.

Joey is probably going to sit down with fmaily and decide whether to play out 07 to end it on better terms or to retire effective immediately.

McCrud

Juniors
I can't really foresee Johns turning up to a packed press conference and saying:

"Hi, yeah...I'm fine - see you all on the weekend"

However, once an egomaniac......

Latest posts