What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiesmith

Juniors
It is but it's a way around the min 6 month ban.

Hopefully the players see common sense & accept.
Depends what other consequences there are from it and which are the players? It could be just those who have left us, plus in accepting they have to admit to taking banned substances and always be labelled a drug cheat.

The other issue is if players do accept, does that then leave the club open to more problems due to a number of players from same team admitting to taking illegal drugs? Aren't there provisions for team penalties if players get banned?

I can see the NRL hitting us with point penalties for next season to ruin another year...

Card Shark

Immortal
ASADA have said the substances come under the S2 category, which is prohibited substances, opposed to S0, which is non-approved (yet to be approved).

So we were stupid enough to use drugs that were banned?

GHRP-6 is still not approved for human use!

Card Shark

Immortal
I feel sorry for Dougie. His great sequence of consecutive games will end like this.

Hasn't missed 1 since game 1 2006.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Gal wont like it but it might do him good. No Tri-Nations, no fights, rest up and get the body right for 2015.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is but it's a way around the min 6 month ban.

Hopefully the players see common sense & accept.

If it pans out that way (back dated suspension) then its a bloody good offer i guess.

I'd be surprised if Gallen is at all guilty, surely he'd be one of the most frequently tested humans in the game.

Quigs

Immortal
Be interesting to really know what the Clubs attitude is. Bearing in mind that Essendon copped it up the ring until they said enough is enough and went in swinging.

Work out what this has cost our low hanging fruit of a club.

I am still snakey as over the Hartleys being cleared and the Rorters not even being entered in to the convo's re the players recording the abnormal blood tests.

Red flags everywhere but the poor old sharks cop it.

Anyhow ... sorry folks this has got a long way to run.

I heard on the radio that the players had to make up their minds by Friday... any one else hear that.?

RUBIKS

Juniors
At least Wade wore a suit...

1408514015298.jpg-620x349.jpg

1408514015237.jpg-620x349.jpg

As far as players suing the club, they really should just sue the NRL. The NRL have deeper pockets and all player contracts are lodged with the NRL if I recall correctly.

It's the NRL's job to make sure the clubs adhere to a set standard of which they clearly failed.

Generalzod

Immortal
At least Wade wore a suit...

1408514015298.jpg-620x349.jpg

1408514015237.jpg-620x349.jpg

As far as players suing the club, they really should just sue the NRL. The NRL have deeper pockets and all player contracts are lodged with the NRL if I recall correctly.

It's the NRL's job to make sure the clubs adhere to a set standard of which they clearly failed.

See that worm Weilder in the background...

Generalzod

Immortal
Be interesting to really know what the Clubs attitude is. Bearing in mind that Essendon copped it up the ring until they said enough is enough and went in swinging.

Work out what this has cost our low hanging fruit of a club.

I am still snakey as over the Hartleys being cleared and the Rorters not even being entered in to the convo's re the players recording the abnormal blood tests.

Red flags everywhere but the poor old sharks cop it.

Anyhow ... sorry folks this has got a long way to run.

I heard on the radio that the players had to make up their minds by Friday... any one else hear that.?

Yep I heard the same thing Quigs ....

Card Shark

Immortal
If 1 admits guilt, he is offering "substantial assistance", which may lead to conviction of others that don't accept any ban.

Needs to be 1 in, all in.

Quigs

Immortal
Did the Essendon blokes get issued with the show cause? Or was that all knocked on the head with the court actions.

SharkShocked

Bench
Your kidding right Armstrong, I wouldn't never put Gallen on the same pedestal with Armstong, Have you read the ways Armstrong went on to avoid dope testing..

You've clearly missed the intended point.

Being tested over and over and over has no bearing on whether or not the person may have possibly cheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts