What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Perth Red

Post Whore
Over 2800 at eng v aus wheelchair game in London. World record crowd for a wheelchair game. Can only see crowds growing for this part of the tournament if that game is anything to go by, great viewing.

yakstorm

First Grade

Iamback

Coach
Have they included the 3 world cups to say most money ever?

Crowds certainly don't show it

ULYSSES

Juniors
Several have commented that ticket prices are too high. If we had genuine national teams of decent quality I think people would come and pay. Tonight there are several Rah Rah tests in the UK and Europe. How many will be there at the exhorbitant prices if the economy is to blame. our problem is we do not develop the game in the nations that play in our pretend world cup. Sydney suburbs are not nations. I have flogged this horse for years and it still won't work. i am over it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Several have commented that ticket prices are too high. If we had genuine national teams of decent quality I think people would come and pay. Tonight there are several Rah Rah tests in the UK and Europe. How many will be there at the exhorbitant prices if the economy is to blame. our problem is we do not develop the game in the nations that play in our pretend world cup. Sydney suburbs are not nations. I have flogged this horse for years and it still won't work. i am over it.
Union has an upper class supporter base. League is working class.
The economic conditions effect League support far more dramatically.
A lot of the crowds at Union would be tax deductible corporate networking.
Apples and Oranges

England87

Juniors
Union has an upper class supporter base. League is working class.
The economic conditions effect League support far more dramatically.
A lot of the crowds at Union would be tax deductible corporate networking.
Apples and Oranges
That is really not true mate. It comes down to our products popularity.

yakstorm

First Grade
I would argue that you're both right here.

We all know there is an economic crunch at the moment, so naturally people are being careful with their money, and we know that traditionally League’s heartland in the UK is a lot more exposed to economic downturns, so there is no doubt that is impacting sales.

On the flip side, we do so little to build some of the brands around the national teams that it does make it a harder sell, especially when going head to head with FTA coverage.

The fact that over 50K tickets have been sold for the Semi's combined and another 55K+ for the Final, shows people will shell out for premium clashes, which people are possibly expecting to feature the stronger team brands of Australia, NZ, England & Tonga.

Lack of fixtures from COVID, but also a lack of any plan to grow the brands of all the national teams does us no favours at the best of times and truly works against us when times are tough.

England87

Juniors
No it is actually very true. Union.. played at universities around the world.
In case you weren't aware, universities aren't indicative of working class.
A million ways to pick that apart. This is not Thatcher's Britian. The economic realities of England rn are not significantly different anywhere in the United Kingdom outside of an SW post code.