What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

unbreaK

Juniors
Clearly lol. You should have just stopped typing at "no".

How do you get a black eye from a push and fall? She hit only her eye?

As I've stated previously, the only way possible to get a black eye from a fall would be to hit it perhaps on a corner of a wall or door (The altercation happened in a doorway, allegedly).

But whatever, I'll wait until more facts are released, I'm still calling bullshit on her entire story, I think she did it for the money and publicity.

betcats

Referee
Here is my view of the events relating to this thread.

I have no idea what happened, I am not going to speculate about any of it, and, to be honest, I really don't care.

So I will bugger off and leave it to the rest of you. Have fun.

Just don't post then you silly inbred.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Lets he honest, if he didn't hit her he would of vehemently denied this in his statement first and foremost.

betcats

Referee
As I've stated previously, the only way possible to get a black eye from a fall would be to hit it perhaps on a corner of a wall or door (The altercation happened in a doorway, allegedly).

But whatever, I'll wait until more facts are released, I'm still calling bullshit on her entire story, I think she did it for the money and publicity.

Fair enough im not saying you are wrong I just think at this stage her story is believable.

El Diablo

Post Whore
There is three pro footy players in the house and they couldnt control one little woman withot having to use a closed fist??

Ben Teo doesnt have to use a fist to protect himself from that woman by himself let alone with Boyd and Norman there.

there is no proof he did

Just don't post then you silly inbred.

you should do the same seeing you have no idea

Fair enough im not saying you are wrong I just think at this stage her story is believable.

police don't agree

hitman82

Bench
Lets he honest, if he didn't hit her he would of vehemently denied this in his statement first and foremost.

Yeah there was no "didn't lay a hand on her" or "never assaulted her" just read-between-the-lines stuff about justification, pretty much saying she was off her head and he had to deal with her.

She has formally dropped the complaint now yeah? Sounds like Teo didn't do much wrong.

SharkShocked

Bench
Police don't agree or they can't prove it?

I'd imagine there would be absolutely 0 proof that would credit any story, her's or his.

He says she says rubbish the entire thing.

Unless there is video evidence of a player doing something like this, they'll nearly always get away with it IF indeed it did happen.

You only have to ask yourself whether you believe any of the other things that have alleged to occur actually did occur and whether players managed to wriggle out of it.

Saldy that's professional sport all over the world.

hitman82

Bench

I'd imagine there would be absolutely 0 proof that would credit any story, her's or his.

Unless there is video evidence of a player doing something like this, they'll nearly always get away with it IF indeed it did happen.

You only have to ask yourself whether you believe any of the other things that have alleged to occur actually did occur and whether players managed to wriggle out of it.

Well it's actually the justice system in general. Without proof, you cannot justifiably charge and convict someone.
I will say this much: Teo has handled and presented himself better than she has, despite being the one whose name will likely be tarred henceforth... whether deserved or not.

Springs

First Grade
So she is yet to lodge a formal complaint with the police but she released pictures to the media?

Police attended the scene, she was admitted to hospital, no charges... She felt she needed to speak out so another woman doesn't suffer the same attack, yet does not press charges against Te'o?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...n-ben-teo-affair/story-e6frg7mf-1226649017479

Cricket Australia to investigate twist in Ben Te'o affair

by: Peter Lalor
May 23, 2013 10:37AM

A NEW cricket Twitter scandal has emerged in the hours after David Warner was fined for his outburst against two senior cricket writers.

Cricket Australia and Queensland Cricket are investigating comments by state player Chris Lynn on the social platform last night about the woman who accused South Sydney and Queensland Origin rugby league star Ben Te’o of assaulting her.

The tweets, which were removed soon after, referred to the woman as a “psycho” and claimed she had the friend of the cricketer being sent to jail for two months.

“The girl accusing Ben Teo (sic) is bad news ... “ the tweet began.

Cricket Australia said this morning it was looking into the matter.

“We are aware of the issue and are seeking more information,” a spokesman for the organisation said.

Lynn, 23, is a batsman who made a big impression, scoring a century in his second shield game at the age of 19.

Te’o has denied the claims made by the alleged victim Kate Lewis. The Rabbitohs have refused to stand the player down over the incident which allegedly happened at the home of Brisbane player Corey Norman last month.

Springs

First Grade

If police attended the scene like the DT article claims and she was admitted to hospital there should be all the proof they need for charges, especially if she was lying in a pool of blood with several injuries as she claimed. Police would have seen the injuries and if Te'o hit her repeatedly he would have marks on his hands. To me, if she says there was blood everywhere and she had several injuries from Te'o and police attended the scene yet nothing came of it, it indicates either her claims are false or the police were incredibly incompetent. Why she would need to go to the media before lodging an official complaint with police is very strange.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If police attended the scene like the DT article claims and she was admitted to hospital there should be all the proof they need for charges, especially if she was lying in a pool of blood with several injuries as she claimed. Police would have seen the injuries and if Te'o hit her repeatedly he would have marks on his hands. To me, if she says there was blood everywhere and she had several injuries from Te'o and police attended the scene yet nothing came of it, it indicates either her claims are false or the police were incredibly incompetent. Why she would need to go to the media before lodging an official complaint with police is very strange.

Detective Springs has a nice ring to it.

Springs

First Grade
And Te'o called the police, look at that. I haven't heard of many men who have bashed a woman then called the police. I don't think the police are stupid enough to respond to a call against a woman then eject her from the house when she's lying in a pool of blood like she claims.

Everyone needs to remember that it's not just the victim who can lay charges. If the police feel that something untoward has gone on, they can also lay charges. This is exactly what happened to Greg Bird. Bird's Missus didn't wish to proceed with the complaint so the Police laid charges anyway.

In this case, neither the victim nor the Police proceeded with any complaint.

Seems a bit odd considering that someone went to hospital and that there was allegedly blood all over the scene...

Springs

First Grade
Everyone needs to remember that it's not just the victim who can lay charges. If the police feel that something untoward has gone on, they can also lay charges. This is exactly what happened to Greg Bird. Bird's Missus didn't wish to proceed with the complaint so the Police laid charges anyway.

In this case, neither the victim nor the Police proceeded with any complaint.

Seems a bit odd considering that someone went to hospital and that there was allegedly blood all over the scene...

Exactly. Imagine if the police showed up to the house, saw a woman lying in blood with several injuries and a broken eye socket with Te'o saying 'it's her fault', apparently the police just said 'okey dokey then'.

The police found nothing serious enough to press charges and the victim didn't even press charges herself. Just sounds like complete bullshit. And the DT has the headline 'another black eye for league'. f**kwits.

I'm not saying that he did or didn't hit her.

I'm also of the opinion that if he is found to have just flat out belted this Woman, then he should have his contract torn up and he should be deregistered from the NRL.

However, based on the evidence presented and the reluctance of anyone to press charges, in my opinion, the allegations look sketchy at best.

I look forward to a full review from the NRL and tbh, I'm actually hoping that the victim presses charges so that a full investigation will be carried out.

That way, we will have a shot at finding out the full story and either Te'o or his alleged victim will have their story confirmed. The truth is the most important thing in this situation as, at this stage, if the stories stay un-confirmed either way, then at least one of these people is having their image tarnished unecessarily.

At the moment, everyone appears in a negative light.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member

And this occurs almost everytime a player is in the media, fans take the footballer's side everytime.
Disturbing to say the least.
People should be impartial.