What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap disaster: Eels have no room to rebuild

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Release lowrie and let cayless(as much as i love him and has served this club well) find a club in the super league. This will free up some cash and are players that can be replaced.
Also no need to re-sign cordoba that is just wasting money. He is going to be nothing more than an average first grader, hate to say it but its true and we all know it.
Sign a half back, cheap option would be tim smith and get poore to replace cayless and promote a back rower to cover for lowrie, we can use bauman, robinso etc there is plenty there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Depressing news to say the least, everyone can bag Hagan and rightly so but who was the clown that hired him????? And some poeple on here still defend him......... FFS.

Why don't the Telegraph write a story and bag andrew hill and hagan for this mess?
Na, sorry they will blame Fitzy. And Rightly so.

TheParraboy

Staff member
it could be a lot worse you know

all the players could play like demons, hardly lose a game from now on, and we win the comp, their commanding salaries then double, then we'd be in real strife :crazy:

Avenger

Immortal
You need to start aiming at lower priced signings G..... less chance of disappointment.

I know mate. It is starting to feel like those awful early 90's when we were signing players like Plowman, Vernon, Speechely and co and relied on gun juniors like Bartolo, Muchmore and Crnkovich. :lol:

Bring on 2011.

The over paid players (Cayless, i'm looking at you) will hopefully step up and show some ticker and justify why they are being paid as much as they are.

Maybe Parra should look to shop Inu around, i imagine he is on a bit of coin and his form for Parra has not been great(along with many other players) and he is playing for Wenty(costly reserve grader). Maybe sell him off to Souths, they seem to be able to buy every player under the sun and still remain under the cap.

i admit that Joe is playing well, but jez, why is he being offered a one year deal, blood one the young players and see how they go, instead of offering contracts to players passed their used by date.

Anyway,

GO THE EELS.

I was just thinking that Inu would be the first person gone, followed closely by Burt. Might free up $300k but not going to get you much.

Cordoba I'd let go, you's have decent front row stocks....

I hate Parra with a passion but its kinda hard to lay the boot in when u's are going so sh*t.

HevyDevy

Coach
I know mate. It is starting to feel like those awful early 90's when we were signing players like Plowman, Vernon, Speechely and co and relied on gun juniors like Bartolo, Muchmore and Crnkovich. :lol:

Well it appears to me that the right people are now in place to fix the situation but it will take time and patience.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well it appears to me that the right people are now in place to fix the situation but it will take time and patience.

It seems that way but they don't seem to be prepared to make any hard decisions like letting Cordoba go or releasing some players to make some cap space...... it all seems to be being placed in the too hard basket to wait until 2011.

Basque Eel

Juniors
With news today that Parra has no money to sign A grade players, it is time for a clean out of those players who are not performing to A Grade standard.eg. Josh Cordoba, Todd Lowrie. We have not signed any players for 2 years and now we are going to go into a 3rd year trying to sign 2nd rate players. It's time for under performing players to go, they've had their chance. :x

Latest posts