What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap disaster: Eels have no room to rebuild

Stagger eel

Staff member
The last I heard we are still favourites to get Poore if he chooses to leave the Dragons.

it sort of crossed my mind that the article could be a bit of a furffy at the clubs part to make an assult on a couple of players but that would be wishful thinking on my part.

mickdo

Coach
Finch actually or potentially cost himself a sh*tload of money with what he did, Caylo is on a sh*tload more and has more to lose..

that's why it WON'T happen...

I reckon he'd be able to find a gig in the UK on the equivalent amount

Avenger

Immortal
The only player I would resign for next year is Mannah. The rest can go. We will be in a tougher situation for 2011 because Hindmarsh, Moimoi, Cayless, Burt, Grothe, Hayne, Inu and Mateo all come off contract and the players that I would sacrifice is Cayless, Burt, Grothe, perhaps Inu and Hindmarsh (but only if he wanted to). Hindmarsh deserves to stay on if he wishes.

The Colonel

Immortal
well it is possible, I just don't think it'll happen...

would you take your family and live overseas with the same money that your own now...what benefit would it be to your family?

Taking the money now could be of benefit - his contract ends at the end of 2010 and he could well sign anywhere up to two or three years. He certainly wouldn't attract the same sort of money he is currently in the NRL by the end of next year.....

HevyDevy

Coach
Remember though that there aren't as many oppotunities in England as there were 2 years ago.

The Colonel

Immortal
Remember though that there aren't as many oppotunities in England as there were 2 years ago.

No, not that many but Cayless would qualify under Kolpak and doesn't have any of the visa problems the likes of Eastwood, Crocker and co have had.

mickdo

Coach
well it is possible, I just don't think it'll happen...

would you take your family and live overseas with the same money that your own now...what benefit would it be to your family?

My wife would love to live overseas for a few years! :lol:

Maybe we should invent a off field incedent involving some of the over paid players and then the NRL would deregister them and hench we wouldn't have to pay thier contract.