What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAN DAY II "MARCH FOR THE BEARS"

OUR COAST.....OUR STADIUM.....OUR BEARS.....OUR TIME!!!!

After the enourmous success of our first Fan Day last month in which we managed to get 500 fans to show up and also create an impressive backdrop for the Dave Fairleigh interview with FOXSPORTS we are going BIGGER & BETTER for ou...r second Fan Day.

On Saturday 15th May we want all Central Coast Bears fans to meet at Gosford Sailing Club from 4.30pm as we MARCH as ONE @5pm to Bluetongue Stadium to attend the NRL match Roosters vs Knights. Make sure you all wear your RED & BLACK and bring your banners as there more than likely be media covering the event. This is another great opportunity for CCB's fans to show the NRL that WE WANT OUR TEAM!!!

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and only now decided to post here. I've been providing up-to-date information concerning everything Central Coast BEARS on the other big rleague forum for over a year now..

I decided to post here from now on because some people are confused and don't understand the CCBEARS bid. Well here I am to put everything in the right.

Firstly the links for which are important to the CCBEARS BID. I provide short text under the links hi-lighting why these links are important.

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and only now decided to post here. I've been providing up-to-date information concerning everything Central Coast BEARS on the other big rleague forum for over a year now..

I decided to post here from now on because some people are confused and don't understand the CCBEARS bid. Well here I am to put everything in the right.

Firstly the links for which are important to the CCBEARS BID. I provide short text under the links hi-lighting why these links are important.

To the naysayers... digest this below

www.centralcoastbears.com.au : the official website containing a mountain of information about the bid, as well as long term business plans and goals for on & off the field. Membership drive starts here and have currently got close to 2000 paid members.

---

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Coast-Bears/72707929443: the official facebook for the CCBEARS bid. Growing it's fanbase every day. Currently at 11, 186 fans/members and sit above 4 NRL teams. The 13th most popular NRL team on facebook. We will be in the top 10 before the end of the year. Has lots of news, pictures and stuff for the fans.

---

http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?t=40724 : The Central Coast Bears thread that I created in the Expansion forum. Has 26 pages of news with related link, articles, opinions from high standing NRL persons. Interest from fans and like the pages above consistently and constantly updated.

---

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Coast-Bears/72707929443#!/photo_search.php?oid=72707929443&view=all : photos containing the fanfare from round5's Souths vs Newcastle match. Plenty of support.

---

http://www.bluetonguestadium.com.au/ : the unique and already accessible stadium in which the BEARS aready own a % of. Intended to be the home of the Central Coast Bears since 2000. The seats spell BEARS. Acknowledged as Bear Park without hosting a single Bears game yet. Sits about 22,000 on a good day.

---

http://www.mortgagehouse.com.au/ : major sponsor #1, who have already invested money into the bid as well as the central coast juniors and the medical expenses that comes with rugby league on the central coast.

---

http://www.fortunity.com.au/ : major sponsor #2, again they have already invested money and time to the Central Coast Bears bid. Ink is on paper.

---

http://www.fonezone.com.au/ : major sponsor #3, same as the two above they have also invested money into the Central Coast Bears bid.

---

http://www.jjlawson.com.au/ : major sponsor #4, read the 3 links above. They have also been sponsoring the North Sydney Bears in the NSW Cup for some time now.

---

http://www.sinalli.com/ : current manufacturer and producer of the Jerseys and other CCBEARS merchandise. Another sponsor.

---

http://centralcoastbears.com.au/partners.html ; a list of the other sponsors currently on board. Features local businesses in the Central Coast area.

---

http://centralcoastbears.com.au/merchandise.html : Merchandise which is already avaiable for sales. it include the foundation jersey http://centralcoastbears.com.au/merch_foundation_jersey.html

Go the CENTRAL COAST BEARS!

Last edited:
http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/central_coast_bears_keep_marching_on.html

After the success of the Central Coast Bears fan day at Bluetongue Stadium on April 10th, the Bears are back with another major event.

The Central Coast Bears along with SeaFM are preparing a supporters march on Saturday 15th May from the Gosford Sailing Club to Bluetongue Stadium. This march will demonstrate the widespread support for the Bears 2013 NRL bid.

Central Coast Bears members, fans and supporters will come together and meet at the park adjacent to Gosford Sailing Club at 4pm to commence the march at 4:30pm.

Once at Bluetongue Stadium, Bears' membership and merchandise will be available for purchase and fans of the red and blacks can show their support to the NRL by taking part in the Bears' bay to watch the Roosters v Knights match at 7:30pm.

Central Coast Bears Chief Executive Officer, Greg Florimo says that this is going to be the biggest show of support yet. "I believe that this will be massive event, and people from all over the Coast and right through to those supporters in Sydney will have the opportunity to take part in something big." Florimo said.

"We are expecting a huge turnout of our loyal supporters, who will be there to support the NRL on the Central Coast".

Central Coast Radio (Sea FM and 2GO) are proudly supporting this event through radio campaigns and promotional giveaways. All supporters planning to attend the march are asked to register on the Seafm website for their chance to win one of five double passes to the Roosters v Knights game.

SeaFM will also be running their 'Bear Your Support' promotion. All Central Coast Bears supporters are being asked to create their own banners, which they'll be encourage to hold high during the march.

Secret SeaFM judges will scan the banners to decide the best five, who will receive a double pass to the Roosters v Knights game.

mightybears

Bench
http://www.jjlawson.com.au/ : major sponsor #4, read the 3 links above. They have also been sponsoring the North Sydney Bears in the NSW Cup for some time now.
Go the CENTRAL COAST BEARS!

Especially true of Jim Lawson, at out lowest ebb he was there big time. You may not need a customs/freight broker, have a need to export something BUT if you do, you'd be giving your business to a man who has put serious time and money into our game for a long time now.

McGrime

Juniors
Gee, it seems to have gone very quiet in here all of a sudden.

Funny that.

I suppose that happens when things start to look little dodgy inthe code
(i.e. Down Melbourne Way)

So I suppose this really makes the bullsh*t you wankers go on with in regards to expansion seem a little insignificant compared to the obvious rorting that exists in the game now and in the recent past.

So who really gives a sh*t about the Bears Bid ????

We'll I guess not nearly as many people as is in reality the greater majority of fans who live on the Coast and just want a football team that they can support in the NRL.

"Once again" we don't care if they wear the name Bears, Dolphins, Sputnicks, Turdburgalars, Lice, Pelicans etc.,

Just hurry up and give us a side so we can channel some of the best RL juniors in the world into our own team.

Then we can then sit down and debate the future rather than dwelling on the bullsh*t past that most of you trolls seem to grovel in rather than looking ahead to what may just be the NRL's smartest move before they disapear up their own NewsLimited Arse.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yeah, funny how the Sydney haters have been diverted when one of their precious non Sydney propped up clubs is found to have no true RL spirit.

Honestly, some believe in here that no profitable club should exist. The sole purpose of the NRL is to have a team in every state capital ecxept Sydney.

Purely on dollars, punt Melbourne and bring in CC. Save $13 million per year.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
We'll I guess not nearly as many people as is in reality the greater majority of fans who live on the Coast and just want a football team that they can support in the NRL.

"Once again" we don't care if they wear the name Bears, Dolphins, Sputnicks, Turdburgalars, Lice, Pelicans etc.,

Moron.

You sound like disaffected Manly scum still furious that your attempted Gosford takeover fell over - and you still have to grovel in the mud at Brokeback Oval.

The CC Bears are coming. get used to it, idiot.

Jankuloski

Juniors
^^If that was true, why do you think News is putting that money into the Storm? Out of the goodness of their hearts?

Or is it because the Storm played in a sh*thole of a stadium for 12 years and there is no RL coverage in Victoria other than on their channel and that brings them in a lot more money?

So the Storm do make money, just not for the code, but for News. That's not the problem of the Storm, that's a problem of massive conflict of interests with News running, in part, the NRL.

Funny that.

So I suppose this really makes the bullsh*t you wankers go on with in regards to expansion seem a little insignificant compared to the obvious rorting that exists in the game now and in the recent past.

Just hurry up and give us a side so we can channel some of the best RL juniors in the world into our own team.

Then we can then sit down and debate the future rather than dwelling on the bullsh*t past that most of you trolls seem to grovel in rather than looking ahead to what may just be the NRL's smartest move before they disapear up their own NewsLimited Arse.

Is that you John Ribot?

I'll tell you who cares about the CCBEARS bid, 15, 000 and every day growing fans. True followers of league, legends of the game. The CCBEARS are doing everything by themselves to get in. We got our own sponsors (who have physically started putting money into the bid already), we put in money for our own stadium 11 years ago (BlueTounge) which is finished. Our package is beautiful.

I'm sorry that our bid has more going for it than whatever team you currently support. I'm sorry the BEARS are the epitome of rugby league in that you should never give up!.

We don't have some rich bloke called MAX bail us out.
We don't have an superstar actor called RUSSELL bail us out.
We don't have a mega co-operation like NEWS LTD bail us out.
We don't have Nick and his friends at Channel 9 bail us out.
We don't have a rich tycoon like DENNIS helping out our bid.

All we have are FANS and passionate supporters. We have average people leading our charge. People who have sacrificed alot for the game, alot for the Central Coast and alot for the BEARS to see this happen.

We'll get in because the central coast rugby league fans were robbed of a team. The BEARS supporters were robbed of a team. THE NRL talking about teams having to relocate etc... we were going to relocate by our own admission to the central coast in 1999 only for them to spit on us... we've spent too much money, time, effort, dedication to make this happen.

If you can't see than i'm sorry but **** you!

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Yeah, funny how the Sydney haters have been diverted when one of their precious non Sydney propped up clubs is found to have no true RL spirit.

Honestly, some believe in here that no profitable club should exist. The sole purpose of the NRL is to have a team in every state capital ecxept Sydney.

Purely on dollars, punt Melbourne and bring in CC. Save $13 million per year.

Television is the answer to that mate

Look, no one is going to get an arguement from me about the Bears being in the comp on the Coast. They bloody well should be.

But Perth and Melbourne will ad to television revenue, whereas the Coasts market is already in and committed. Yes a team can make money, but does the comp?

It's a bigger picture than the bottom line of each individual team.

BRING BACK THE BEARS.

mightybears

Bench

Funny that.

and you support who, dare i ask?
because that reaks of scum over the roseville bridge talk

mave

Coach
F*ck you bunch are a paranoid lot.

I reckon deep down most Manly fans want to see the Bears back, if only to reignite the rivalry.

flamin

Juniors
Genuine question: what is the population of the Central Coast compared to North Sydney minus the Manly area.

Also what were the other reasons for the Bears planning to move to Gosford in the SL War besides the NRL's criteria which gave points for being a regional team?

mightybears

Bench
Genuine question: what is the population of the Central Coast compared to North Sydney minus the Manly area.

Also what were the other reasons for the Bears planning to move to Gosford in the SL War besides the NRL's criteria which gave points for being a regional team?

North Shore 454,000 Plus [6 LGA Area's of Ku-ring-gai, Mosman, Willoughby, Lane Cove, Hornsby & North Sydney], and ignores the NSDRLFC juniors in the Hills area.

Central Coast 297,956 [Gosford-Wyong LGA]

Raw states ignore the NS diaspora [like me!], and that the CC is the 3rd fastest growing area in Australia.

The Bears [NSDRLFC] voted in 1997 to move to the CC, well before the so called criteria. Obvious demographic reasons-financial future, our players had increasingly been coming from the CC [Orford & Fairleigh the most obvious examples].

mightybears

Bench
F*ck you bunch are a paranoid lot.

I reckon deep down most Manly fans want to see the Bears back, if only to reignite the rivalry.

Many/most do yes, its CC based MW fans who seem to have a higher degree of fear/paranoia.

gho

Juniors
Well this latest crisis has convinced me that the CC Bears are probably the team best placed for expansion. Even though I'm from Adelaide I realise that there is probably no financially sound way to put a team here (unless we had massive financial backing like the AFL is doing in Western Sydney and the Gold Coast). For the next expansion we need another Brisbane team (imagine how big the crisis would have been if the Broncos had been found rorting the system) and the Bears

Perth Red

Post Whore
sorry I don't see the connection? If anything it shows that big teams can afford to pay players alot more than teams in overcrowded markets and makes me question if we need another team with a ltd catchment and crowded sponsorship market holding the game back?

Television is the answer to that mate

Look, no one is going to get an arguement from me about the Bears being in the comp on the Coast. They bloody well should be.

But Perth and Melbourne will ad to television revenue, whereas the Coasts market is already in and committed. Yes a team can make money, but does the comp?

It's a bigger picture than the bottom line of each individual team.

BRING BACK THE BEARS.

IMHO the Bears should only be a replacement team.

Hopefully for Cronulla.

Lets get over this wishy washy notion of regaining them. It sucked. But they cannot add what we really need right now and thats more and richer markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts