What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegraph: Feleti Mateo launches Eel attack

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The Warriors are playing finals footy, not very well atm but still made it there. The Eels aren't and will struggle again next year.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think sometimes people are too harsh on Mateo. Apart from 2010 he was outstanding for us in his first grade career. In 2008 he was by far and away our best player. In saying that based on his 2010 form and the money commanded he wasn't worth retaining. I don't think he was having a dig so to speak.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Way to miss the point champ. When he should be talking about the challenges of next week and how he wants his form - and that of his club's - to continually improve, Feleti is a) banging on about how good he is going now, b) hacking on previous club and basically blaming them for how crap he used to be, and c) blaming complacency for a loss.

Ho-hum, heard it all before from him. He hasn't changed one bit.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yeah you're right, I'm sure he randomly brought up all of that himself. I bet questions were not asked about those things.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Course he was asked. And he answered poorly and showed he still had the same mindset as always. Feleti is NEVER going to take the bit between his teeth and drag his team to success. He's been good for you this year, but not great, and he won't do anything to help your team improve.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really can't be bothered getting into this again, as has been said its worked out well for everyone involved. We get a player we desperately need, he's played great this season and you guys don't want him. And he got out at the right time. Find it more funny he is getting sprayed for his comments.
For a guy who couldn't be bothered getting into it you're having a fair crack :lol:

Sure he may have been asked a question about Parra but he could have let it go through to the keeper, Instead he decided to have a dig at the club. Why???? He could have said i'd much rather talk about our knock out Semi on friday night. It shows to me he's still dirty at having to leave and still more worried about himself. He's part of the old culture of near enough is good enough, in the long run we'll be better off without him.

SDM

First Grade
I reckon Fatty Mateo was the media snitch.

Big mouth, small brain and when he left, the leaks stopped.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mateo is like Frank Pritchard in a lot of ways; both fantastically talented footballers who can bring so much to the table, and can even win a game each year pretty much on their own. But if you pay them top dollar, you're not a top team.

Well said.

I think a better comparison for Mateo though is Dave Taylor (and also fits with your final sentence).

I think Feleti Mateo and Dave Taylor are the best attacking edge forwards in the game - better than Thaiday, Blair and Gallen (who I consider to be the best forwards in the world). But Mateo and Taylor are also among the worst defensive edge forwards in the game, and it's a position where you really need good defenders.

The difference between Taylor and Mateo is Dave Taylor has played Origin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, because the Eels are shit.

It's true we were shit this year but it was a year where we had to clean out the shit attitudes - guys like Mateo, Inu and Tahu.

It was the dismal year we had to have, and you might have noticed we were able to recruit pretty well for 2012 because of it.

Latest posts