What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Jarrod Croker choke ?

Did Jarrod croker choke when kicking for goal ?

• yes

Votes: 157 64.1%
  • no

Votes: 88 35.9%

• Total voters

Dragon

Coach
Have no idea what team you support, but that banner is a disgrace and you can join the Tigers sledgers as LU Lowlife of the Year.
crying.jpg

bottle

Coach
This new found statistical paradigm has opened up my eyes to a whole new way of looking at my life.

Whereas yesterday I thought my chances of a three way tryst with Jennifer Hawkins and Megan Gale was negligible at best, I now realise that my odds have increased dramatically. I'm a 50/50 chance!!

However I now also realise that my chances of getting through the day alive have greatly diminished compared to what i would have previously envisaged.

I am both depressed and ecstatic.

_Johnsy

Referee
FMD some peope are precious, can you get that sig up again cleary so i can use it. f**k the lime green sooks, they like to give it but whinge like little biartches when they get some.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I really feel bad for him but he missed it before he even took the kick.

Look at the terror in his eyes when he was lining it up.

Croker looks like that when ever he lines up for a kick though

The kid constantly looks like he has backed one into his undies

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're as funny as a stick and have the intellect of a used toothbrush

Firey_Dragon

Coach
No, because the Storm couldn't win the premiership. They were outside of calculations. It isn't just arbitrary mumbo jumbo.

At the start of the finals series the CHANCE for any given final result was 1/8.

It is just arbitrary mumbo jumbo because you aren't looking at other contributing factors. Probability is a huge part of maths, and you've completely excluded it.

There is a 50% chance I'm right and a 50% chance I'm wrong. Maybe I should use a coin to determine the outcome, but that wouldn't work either, because there is also a 50% chance it'll land and stay on it's edge instead of heads or tails.

cleary89

Coach
You're as funny as a stick and have the intellect of a used toothbrush

Aww don't be upset you don't know probability.

I actually work with autistic children. Come along one day and I can teach you. You would fit right in!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aww don't be upset you don't know probability.

I actually work with autistic children. Come along one day and I can teach you. You would fit right in!
How many probable outcomes are there from a goal kick?

One person, one kick, two possible results may be the outcome of that kick?

Am I wrong?

Please, without being a condescending smartarse f**kwit, tell me how that theory is wrong?

cleary89

Coach

Am I wrong?

Please, without being a condescending smartarse f**kwit, tell me how that theory is wrong?

Obviously there are two outcomes, but they are not equally likely.

To use goal kicking as an example. If you have hazem 100 shots, 10 out in front, does he only kick 50%? There are two outcomes, but no one could possibly believe he would only kick 50% from in front.

Flipping a 20c piece is equally likely, but me beating Usain Bolt in a 100m race is not.

Slackboy72

Coach

Am I wrong?

I wouldn't turn kicking at goal into a binomial result a la tossing a coin when the revealed probabilities show that it's usually upwards of 70% of being a goal. As to possible outcomes there are several from a penalty kick. There's a score, there's miss and out on the full, there's a miss and regathered by the opposition, there's a miss and regather by your own team. And this is before we take in to account hitting the posts.

As to Croker, to miss that goal was a shocking result just as it was for Luke Burt. Did they choke? I think this look says it all...

jarrodcroker2-600x400.jpg

1189876387.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously there are two outcomes, but they are not equally likely.

To use goal kicking as an example. If you have hazem 100 shots, 10 out in front, does he only kick 50%? There are two outcomes, but no one could possibly believe he would only kick 50% from in front.

Flipping a 20c piece is equally likely, but me beating Usain Bolt in a 100m race is not.
If there are two outcomes, then, probability wise, they are both as likely as each other. Moreso when the area of success is smaller.