What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Sharks Round 4

jodragon40

Juniors
Lomax looked like he was deliberately missing tackles (same with the kicks).
Is it his way of heaping pressure on Hook?
The stupid lifting thing he does when getting to his feet to play the ball is another problem.
Seems to have serious attitude issues.
Anyway it wasn’t just him.
Right up there with one of the worst performances in years - and there’s been plenty.
The rumours are that Hunt is pro Griffin and Lomax is get rid of Griffin camp. The way they have played in the last 3 seasons probably supports the rumours. Watch a few games at random during those years and watch the on field behaviour and non connectivity between the two and make up your own mind

jodragon40

Juniors
Make sure you honour your statement David and dont watch it....its bloody abysmal and depressing....
Re your last paragraph I tend to agree re garding Hook will it actually change us ??? theres some deep seated problems out on the field amongst our playing group and its not just down to how their coached........I will probably get howled down for this but last year is the first year Hunt has earned what we are paying him....imo currently he looks not in control and is not capable of turning things around by rallying the side when things start to go pear shape..unfortunately we have a new look spine which isnt helping him but good players get on top of this but to me he is struggling.... ..yes he scored an impressive try early in the game but he rarely takes the line on now...anyhow what ever transpires from here new coach or whatever our players need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask am I worthy of wearing this jumper.
Agree and include the boardroom members who also have been intricate in our current situation

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We weren’t playing the same game as the sharks today. Too big too fast too good.

Also evidently Lomax hasn’t changed his style, just changed to a shorter tee. I respectfully suggest he goes back to his previous tee.
I agree re The Sharks being to good etc etc but seriously we looked lost for most of the second half ...no game plan, no shape, no organisation, no support play... we had numerous opportunities close to their line but didnt threaten at all....tbh The Sharks made a fair few errors but we were that bad in the wash up

jeffdragon

Bench
Was hoping to shut the opposition fans on the hill up by winning.
Even if we put in s top respectable effort I'd be ok with thst
But to get hammered like that so early in the season when teams aren't at their best Iis pathetic.
If we completed at 61%
In the fh we'd be dorn bt 30 as someone said.
We completed st 90% and still were down In the 1st half.
Second half we must of only completed 10%.
Soon as they scored after ht first after our error it was gsme over.
Scoring first in the 2nd half brings confidence.
We never had any attack in the 2nd.
Back peddling for the whole 40.min
They were good but we were f**king terrible.
We made them look good.
It's demoralising to say the least.
If that's the way the play for the coach,
They can all f**k off.

Last edited:
I have thought this for a while but have resisted sharing. The Dragons are dead. This merged club is not the Dragons. Even the St George half is not the Dragons. No culture. No soul. No desire or plan to be a great club. I feel for the fans who actually go to the game and spend money on the club. It's cultic behaviour. There's no rational basis to associate this club to the Dragons of old. It's a modern day scam.

jodragon40

Juniors
my previous job I was fortunate to make middle management because anything above that were yes people and pen pushers with little imput to make in relation to the front line workers. But still I had to make hard decisions that affected everyone under my realm of responsibility. My point here is those members of the board who hire and fire people have not lived up to their responsibilities and are just faceless people who unfortunately have the final say in what direction our club takes. They should also be held responsible for their actions and inactions. How you can appoint a person into a position of authority that has no footballing knowledge or background and expect to have a successful football team is beyond my understanding.

I have thought this for a while but have resisted sharing. The Dragons are dead. This merged club is not the Dragons. Even the St George half is not the Dragons. No culture. No soul. No desire or plan to be a great club. I feel for the fans who actually go to the game and spend money on the club. It's cultic behaviour. There's no rational basis to associate this club to the Dragons of old. It's a modern day scam.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Even after the first premiership, the joy was shortlived and oddly hollow. What's more, we're on the nose with sport media and with the QRL rasping on about there being too many Sydney teams I fear that there is a shortlist of two likely candidates to be given the relocate or perish ultimatum - us or the Tige's.

rasaint

Juniors
Hey Coffs Dragon that was classic comedy in your post. I’m keep bursting into laughter. Thanks for a good post!

Posters still trying to make excuses for the unremarkable and pedestrian Zac. He is trying and I’d never accuse him of not. Zac trys hard. No sarcasm, but he gets flustered imo when the good standard centres run through him or around him with superior speed. This leads to silly passes, poor play, poor reads.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The rumours are that Hunt is pro Griffin and Lomax is get rid of Griffin camp. The way they have played in the last 3 seasons probably supports the rumours. Watch a few games at random during those years and watch the on field behaviour and non connectivity between the two and make up your own mind
if true this should never have been tolerated by the ceo, should have been dealt with 12 months ago. Started with that friggn bbq.

Latest posts