What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joely01

Bench
Ok - so now we have sorted out a coach, a CEO, a playing roster, and potentially a Manager of football - the only task is to get our moronic board sorted out. The leaks are ridiculous a the moment. Why does everyone need to know the vote was 4-2 - who released that information?

We should just be told the board voted in favour and Arthur was appointed. That's it!

Do we know the vote was 4-2?

I'm pretty sure in any article I've seen regarding that there has been no direct quotes from anyone saying that...

Looking forward to the future, Tummyache is a Parramatta man through and through and so is Daniel Anderson, can't wait to see a future under their guidance.

Avenger

Immortal
Looking forward to the future, Tummyache is a Parramatta man through and through and so is Daniel Anderson, can't wait to see a future under their guidance.

Couldn't agree more. Would you agree that it has a similar feel prior to season 2005, especially in a recruiting sense?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Couldn't agree more. Would you agree that it has a similar feel prior to season 2005, especially in a recruiting sense?

Does a bit, would have been nice if we could have picked up Prior which would have been the icing on the cake.

I reckon we have potentially one of best back lines in the comp next year

Last edited:
I am sure any other coach we appointed would not have been interested in a top 8 finish - or trying to win each game ! :lol:

Like sticky did? Pretty much came out and said were shit, we going to cop floggings. The team got that into their heads and whenever things didnt go their way thought - well, its ok cos the coach told us this is going to happen. Self fullfilling prophecy.

Pazza

First Grade
Stuart did the wrong thing by saying that but even if he came out and said we are a top 4 quality side that team would have still coped floggings every week regardless.

Pazza

First Grade
I reckon we have potentially one of best back lines in the comp next year

if everyone stays injury free and plays with confidence and to their ability then we have a high powered offence who can put points on very easy.

Lets just hope we can defend, stay disciplined and enjoy our footy.

The Colonel

Immortal
I am sure any other coach we appointed would not have been interested in a top 8 finish - or trying to win each game ! :lol:

As has probably already been mentioned our previous coach wrote us off after round 2 and that had an adverse effect on the playing group. His expectations may clash with the abilities of the playing group but I am sure that he will rather stay positive than highlight the negatives

Gronk

Staff member
They the media are bottom feeders but you can't disagree with the fact that this time we do deserve everything we cop from the media. The way our board went out about trying to select a coach was a like watching a bunch I clowns at a circus. So unprofessional.

Yesterday I was quick to criticised the board for meeting to vote on appointing Arthur, at the same time as negotiation with Taylor.

After seeing what the media is reporting I am happy to correct myself and say I was wrong. The board did the right thing, if Taylor wasn't happy with the structure the board wanted to implement for club then they had every right to look at another candidate. Taylor aren't no Bennett or hasler, so the board did the right thing in sticking to their plan (and Taylor was my preferred option)

Now the board just need to stop the leaks and stop talking to the media. The CEO along with Arthur must now be the go to people for the media.

Agree with Josh and not with Jake. You don't bow to the demands of a rookie. The Board may have agreed to a heads of agreement with JT, but in the end the lawyers could not find common ground. If you saw JT on FoxSports News last night he implied that it was he who drew the line in the sand and was prepared to walk away if his terms were not met.

So Jake you can believe the mischievous misinformation dished out by those who want to cast shadows over the club if you like, but there was no "backflip" and from what I can see they acted appropriately under the circumstances.

No surprise that Massoud and Weedler are muckraking this morning. It was odds on that it was going to happen. Much to the glee of the haters on here, Jake.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
Stuart did the wrong thing by saying that but even if he came out and said we are a top 4 quality side that team would have still coped floggings every week regardless.

We weren't copping floggings every week until he sacked those 12 players. We actually played quite well in several games.

Ricky just highlighted the negatives all the time so at the end of he year he could say it wasn't his fault. It's no wonder the boys played like they did when they have a coach that doesn't have faith in them and puts them down all the time. Honestly, who would want to play for a coach like that?

spiderdan

Bench
Like sticky did? Pretty much came out and said were shit, we going to cop floggings. The team got that into their heads and whenever things didnt go their way thought - well, its ok cos the coach told us this is going to happen. Self fullfilling prophecy.
if it was just a case of saying he thought the team was crap and we had a lot of work to do then fair enough but my problem with him saying what he did was that in pre-season our guys were talking about competing in finals. if the playing group says their goal is top 8 and the coach publicly says they are rubbish then it can't do a lot for the confidence of the players nor the players' confidence in the coach.

in hindsight it was a clusterf**kup waiting to explode.

Springs

First Grade
Eh I think with this we can finally get over the rot that started with sacking Anderson for Kearney. Hopefully Arthur can be a long term coach and make us look like an NRL club again.

The best thing about it is it's clear he actually cares about the club. Unlike the last two coaches who were appointed because a) Kearney was an assistant at the best club ever Melbourne Cheats and b) knuckleheads thought Stuart was the best coach available at that time after leading NSW to 2 Origin series losses and the Sharks to several missed finals series.

Surrogate

Juniors
Eh I think with this we can finally get over the rot that started with sacking Anderson for Kearney. Hopefully Arthur can be a long term coach and make us look like an NRL club again.

The best thing about it is it's clear he actually cares about the club. Unlike the last two coaches who were appointed because a) Kearney was an assistant at the best club ever Melbourne Cheats and b) knuckleheads thought Stuart was the best coach available at that time after leading NSW to 2 Origin series losses and the Sharks to several missed finals series.

a) also the fact that NZ won the world cup.

natheel

Coach
Agree with Josh and not with Jake. You don't bow to the demands of a rookie. The Board may have agreed to a heads of agreement with JT, but in the end the lawyers could not find common ground. If you saw JT on FoxSports News last night he implied that it was he who drew the line in the sand and was prepared to walk away if his terms were not met.

So Jake you can believe the mischievous misinformation dished out by those who want to cast shadows over the club if you like, but there was no "backflip" and from what I can see they acted appropriately under the circumstances.

No surprise that Massoud and Weedler are muckraking this morning. It was odds on that it was going to happen. Much to the glee of the haters on here, Jake.

At JT and BAs level of experience and looking for a full time coaching position I would think the opportunity to coach at NRL level would be incentive enough to take the job. JT by the way it is playing out he wanted more money. BA was excited by the opportunity Aline. Rather that than possibly another ricky

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought the board and the CEOs best work through all the saga has been their reaction to JT's apparent demands...which was from about Monday onwards however I'm lead to believe that some people got the shits with the way Hadley and massoud were leaked the info which lead the 11am meltdown in the social media and various websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts