What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the ESL aka The HKR Progress Thread...

Perry Haddock

Juniors
PG, I think you also overlooked the fact that Justin Morgans career was tragically cut short by a complete lack of talent........

in the same way that Scott Muller went out of favour in the cricket, but Justin Morgan didn't get a song named after him......

TheGame

Juniors
Hull Kr have added Andreas Bauer to their Super League squad after agreeing a one-year deal with the New Zealander.

Bauer is a British passport holder and comes to the club as a real wild card.

The 23-year-old utility back played for the New Zealand Universities side in 2005 and was a member of the development squad at NRL club New Zealand Warriors.

Bauer has played for Mount Albert Lions in the Bartercard Cup competition, but he does have any first-grade NRL involvement.

But despite arriving at Craven Park with very little experience, coach Justin Morgan is pleased to have signed the non-quota player.

He said: "I've seen the videos of Andreas and there's definitely something to work with, even though his skills are pretty raw."

Rovers Supporters Group (RSG) helped the Robins to fund the move and Morgan is grateful for their efforts.

He added: "We are delighted to have signed Andreas. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the RSG to enable us to sign him."

^ URL

http://www.thisishull.co.uk/display...ts=yes&more_nodeId2=136253&contentPK=16064212

TheGame

Juniors
newstrip.jpg

^ New Kit for next season, kind of moved away from the 'Traditional' Red & White which many of us fans are not pleased with. I personally dont like it and not many other rovers fans do either.

bartman

Immortal
Looks more like an old Salford jersey...? I guess KR were scared of clashing with Wigan and St Helens, but that could have been sorted with an alternate away strip.

GJB-HKR

Juniors
Thought i'd just keep you guys updated...

www.hulkr.co.uk said:
CHESTER CONFIRMED
Chris Chester completes the move from across the city after weeks of speculation and the former Black and White signs on a two year deal for the Robins.

The former Wigan and Halifax second rower is a great addition to the team and Head Coach Justin Morgan is very excited about the prospects that surround Chester’s game.

Chester is happy to make the move and knows he has what it
takes to help guide Rovers as they take on their first season in Super League. Chester commented: “I can’t wait to run out in front of a home crowd, the fans have a massive reputation in the city and in rugby league.”
Morgan’s confident that the second rower can deliver the goods and is extremely excited about seeing how he performs during the season and said: “Chris is a tough defender and a creative ball player he has a sound knowledge of the game, and will add a different dimension to the team and I’m sure he’ll make his presence felt around the park. He’s going to be the last signing until next year and adds invaluable and vast experience to the squad”.

Link: http://www.hullkr.co.uk/archive_news.php?ID=568

;-)

GJB-HKR

Juniors
hullkr.co.uk said:
Hull Kingston Rovers Head Coach, Justin Morgan has announced that scrum half James Webster will retain his captaincy for the forth coming Super League season, and former Castleford Tigers prop, Danny Ward will support James in his role - being named as vice captain

Full article HERE

bartman

Immortal
This is probably the best picture of Justin Morgan and Jimmy Webster I've seen - plucked from the KR website:

side-of-page7.jpg

GJB-HKR

Juniors
The new Hull KR away strip....
Allthough it's not the best quality pic in the world, as I just took a picture of the pic in the Hull Daily Mail with my phone...

Picture-1.jpg

I reckon Mick Vella will feel quite at home in those colours! :lol:

TheGame

Juniors
Thought id throw you all an update! Seeing as we a re now TOP of Super League!

Our first official Super League game LIVE on Sky Sports happened last weekend February 10th 2007 against the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats at home.

Match Report

http://www.hullkr.co.uk/matchreports.php?id=15

We won this game in the very last minute of the game! Micky Vella certainly enjoyed it, his wife loves the atmosphere over here.

Our second game was this past weekend away against the Huddersfield Giants, this game again we won 17-10!

Match Report

http://www.hullkr.co.uk/matchreports.php?id=17

So all in all things are going better than expected! we are 1 of only 3 teams unbeaten in the league and we are 3pts clear of our city rivals Hull FC which is very pleasing :lol:.

Below is the current Super League table (depending on when you read this post it might have changed so ill say we are currently 3RD! after 2 rounds). :crazy::crazy:

http://www.superleague.co.uk/league

*Thought id just add how good Micky Vella has been playing! One of our stand out players and people are taking notice of him already!*

Suitman

Post Whore
his wife loves the atmosphere over here.

Who doesn't?
It leaves us for dead!!!!

*Thought id just add how good Micky Vella has been playing! One of our stand out players and people are taking notice of him already!*

Great news about Micky. Hope he continues to enjoy it.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Doing well so far GJB, exceeding expectations being undefeated after two games. If the KR effort continues you'll be the first team in a while to come up through promotion and stay up.

GJB-HKR

Juniors
bartman said:
Doing well so far GJB, exceeding expectations being undefeated after two games. If the KR effort continues you'll be the first team in a while to come up through promotion and stay up.

I'm hoping we can sneak a win aginst Harlquins on Sunday. If we do we'll be the first ever promoted team to win their first three consecutive games. :pray:

Parra Guru

Coach
Cracked rib for Hopkins

Harlequins are coming off good away win, are one of only two teams yet to experience defeat this season, are currently second in the Super League and, despite a set-back to Lee Hopkins, have more good news to come.

Mark McLinden made a successful comeback from injury at the weekend and although feeling a little stiff, has come though his first test unscathed.

Daniel Heckenberg, who missed the KR game with an injured calf, expects to be in contention for Saturday as does Richard Villasanti who arrived in London early yesterday morning.

Brian McDermott should also have prop forward Karl Temata back for Saturday. He was one casualty who missed the win at Hull KR after the flu virus swept through the camp last week.

Fullback Zebastian Luisi is currently training with the squad although his broken hand is likely to keep him sidelined for another couple of weeks.

While Quins have good strength in numbers with plenty of competition for places, Lee Hopkins will be out for an unspecified time after suffering a cracked rib at Craven Park. Hopkins was injured late in the game in a tackle that involved KR forward, Michael Vella.

Last season’s results were split one apiece between Quins and Warrington: Quins survived a late rally by the Wolves to win 30-28 at the Twickenham Stoop and the home team also got the points in the reverse fixture, 28-22.

Harlequins RL v Warrington Wolves, 3pm Saturday 3rd March, The Twickenham Stoop

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=12923

Stagger eel

Staff member
great idea to re name the thread..always great read the progress of some mighty fine mad who wore our jersey with pride, especially Jimmy Webster, Lee Hopkins, Mick Vella and Glenn Morrison

Latest posts