What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fathead to Parra

SharkShocked

Bench
I can understand the blokes concerns, he got beer thrown at him when he did come and play against us.

Whilst that is the minority and also stupidity, it will be something that sticks in your memory when it happens to you.

But realistically, there have been many worse 'hated' or 'disliked' players going to clubs in the past, all it takes is a bit of PR spin and the bloke can come back in the 'hero' / 'saviour' type mould.

Make no mistake I very much disliked the way he left the club and harboured resentment. However, as per most passionate fans, when they are in dire need of a player of his calibre, all of that is overlooked.

Sharks glasses on or off, the bloke would be appreciated for his footballing talents and people would remember his on field performances whilst in the black white and blue more so than his comments leaving the club after even a semi decent year for us.

Card Shark

Immortal
Even if he goes to the Roosters, Souths or whoever, there are going to be a lot of fans that despise him & don't want him through their front door.

It may be a bit worse with us initially due to his departure last time but I don't really think there will be too much difference club to club.

webShark

He was never great for us just promising. I remember when he misjudged a grubber and Best raced in and scored. Loved it.

Let's all not forget , there is the large matter of an alleged sexual offence in Cronulla. Lot of people do think he is a knob and now Anthony has converted him. He was at loggerheads with Furner. Furner seems a good bloke. Fergo has now forgotten how to speak too. Let him reap what he has sown. For me , he should do a Todd and play country footy for a year if he is serious.

Last edited:

SharkShocked

Bench
I'm not going to judge a person by what I hear in the media or what people 'believe' they should do in order to rebuild their career.

At the end of the day I look at the team for their playing ability only.

Unless you know the ins and outs of every single person playing the game to judge their character why bother.

And from a playing ability point of view, I think most would argue that Ferguson's best football is ahead of him.

I'd prefer us to have that as a strength in our team rather than a strength we have to come up against, if we want to win the comp, after all that's the goal right?

Not to be the nicest team around, who won nothing and got kicked out of the comp.

Card Shark

Immortal
BIngo. He has a meeting with the NRL welfare unit next week and hopefully given the green light to sign an NRL contract which will be with the sharks.

I hope you are right.

I would've thought they'd wait for the outcome of his court hearing before giving him the thumbs up (or down) to play.

Card Shark

Immortal
he should do a Todd and play country footy for a year if he is serious.

Obviously he has a black cloud hanging over him atm but I don't think before this that he has done anything like what Carney did - he had a very long rap sheet.

I think he needs a suspension but a year is too long - 10 weeks is about right, depending on the outcome of his charge of course.

Quigs

Immortal
If he signs with another club he should be banned for life.

If he re-signs with us then he should do ten days in a Benny Barba Rehab Clinic. Say nuffin for another three days and then just get on with it like nuffin ever happens.

Why? You ask should the club do that.

Because that is what every other club has been doing for years.

Life ban or Sharks regular... that is the question.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutton is also a mad surfer, his fiance is a Maroubra girl born and bred, and he will be along way from his "boys."

Ferguson hasn't signed anything yet, still speaking with 3 Sydney clubs. easy to pick the 3.

Not to mention Sutto and Stace have just moved into their new house...literally a week ago!

I can't see England being an option however easy money

shaggs

Coach
The money in England ain't that great these days. And with the way the clubs are going over there, there is no guarantee that you will get paid.

I know a couple of guys who are will owed money from a couple of clubs.