What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFA 2022 WORLD CUP - NRL Support

Springs

First Grade
You complain about multiple things. Sending NRL games to regional Australia isn't about helping the NRL get out of a pickle. It's about helping the code grow and consolidate it's position against rival codes. Besides, the NRL doesn't handle country football. The ARL does

I think you'll find the CRL handle country football. I don't think I complain about anything other than my team dying and my competition going defunct. Isn't much else to complain about really. Please tell me what I complain about?

chefman21

Juniors
I think you'll find the CRL handle country football. I don't think I complain about anything other than my team dying and my competition going defunct. Isn't much else to complain about really. Please tell me what I complain about?

Which comes under the banner of the ARL.

Not you complaining. I meant the CRL. Sorry. And they rightfully complain too. It's ridiculous how much priority is given to the city.

Loudstrat

Coach
The documents aren't long winded. They are quite interesting actually. And they are related to football. Infrastructure relates to football. The entire World Cup bid is related to football. It's almost always about infrastructure to get a bid accepted. Which is why those documents that you think aren't related to football do in fact relate to football. They spell out almost all of the key infrastructure projects this country has to undertake in the near future. Some of those are needed to host a World Cup and to allow sustainable population growth. If you had any idea about the city (or any idea at all), you would realise infrastructure in cities allows cities to grow and hence allows support of new football clubs. Same with tiny little villages. It's a pretty logical process. Are you so naive to think that none of this relates to football? It's really not a difficult topic.
Still, you havent proved that a fast train to Taree will help the NRL. And infrastructure to help cities grow - you are talking about housing divisions, hospitals, schools etc - Dunno how that is gunna happen because of the soccer world cup, or how it will help the NRL in the short term.

No one ever said they would. But they may just set up a small competition or entice a rich foreign investor to spend.
I don't think aiming to set up a League comp in Uraguay should be the top priority for the NRL's advertising budget

Yeah right. People embrace new cultures when big events are held. That's a fact and one of the major reasons why big events are continually held.
Pfft. Suddenly the world was having barbecues and whinging about Telstra in 2000? Must have missed that.

If you reckon the Soccer World Cup is going to make millions fly to Australia, and suddenly forget the Soccer and instead hunt down the Cowpats v Cronulla, you are a bigger genius than Bunnyboy.
Hmmm... Far better to invest only locally?:lol:
Bloody oath. There is a market here numbnuts.

By trying to entice foreign investors to invest and by trying to get a small local competition set up overseas. You've got to start somewhere. The World Cup can be used to further this codes ambitions. As opposed to you who seems to have no ambitions for the code.
Only a complete brainless f*ckwit would think that Uruguay should be the target for the next NRL franchise., or one that thinks it is the only answer. Personally I would have thought France, USA and maybe PNG should be the next targets for overseas promotion, not f*cking Uruguay! :lol:

You have no idea full stop. You want to talk about World Cup bids yet you don't have the full amount of information. You can't even read a basic government report and see how it links to a World Cup bid. And yes I do know about regional Australia. I lived in Port Macquarie for 7 years.
I wont read about a govt report about rail infrastructure, partly because it is irrelevant, and secondly I won't read anything you have blown your load over. The only real impact the Soccer WC will have on league is stadium upgrades.

And you left Port Macquarie when you were 7. Look at regional Australia through adults eyes. As Springs says, regionals are not crying out for NRL exposure - they are crying out for assistance to keep junior and senior League going strong in the regions.

See above.

You complain about multiple things. Sending NRL games to regional Australia isn't about helping the NRL get out of a pickle. It's about helping the code grow and consolidate it's position against rival codes. Besides, the NRL doesn't handle country football. The ARL does.
The code doesn't need consolidation against rival codes in the bush, save for spasmodic Union presences, which here on the coast is only really a problem in the Coffs Harbour Wallaby wankfest precinct. AFL is nothing, and Soccer is nothing unless you are under 14. The areas the code needs help to grow is Melbourne, NZ and Perth.

And I'm glad you finally woke up that the ARL (CRL actually) handles League in these areas.

Last edited:

chefman21

Juniors
Still, you havent proved that a fast train to Taree will help the NRL.
I never said it did. I said that if the government were smart then if we get the World Cup and a requirement is to upgrade rail systems then it is smart to install the basic facilities for high speed rail in the future.

And infrastructure to help cities grow - you are talking about housing divisions, hospitals, schools etc - Dunno how that is gunna happen because of the soccer world cup, or how it will help the NRL in the short term.
What do you think infrastructure is? It involves all the basic facilities that are required for a country to run and grow effectively. That includes transport systems, water, sewers, power grids, telecommunications, parks, stadiums etc etc. The NRL needs all that stuff to run an effective competition and to expand. A city needs to be able to grow and support that growth. If a city grows, and new clubs come into the competition, they need to have the infrastructure to support those teams.

I don't think aiming to set up a League comp in Uraguay should be the top priority for the NRL's advertising budget
It's a golden opportunity. You must have been on the NRL board in the past. Because they always seem to miss this stuff. Now we are number three against Union and AFL.

Pfft. Suddenly the world was having barbecues and whinging about Telstra in 2000? Must have missed that.

If you reckon the Soccer World Cup is going to make millions fly to Australia, and suddenly forget the Soccer and instead hunt down the Cowpats v Cronulla, you are a bigger genius than Bunnyboy.
Aaahhh... The Olympics made millions fly to Australia. The Olympics made millions fly to Spain. Big events bring big numbers of people.

Bloody oath. There is a market here numbnuts.
And there are potential markets overseas.

Only a complete brainless f*ckwit would think that Uruguay should be the target for the next NRL franchise., or one that thinks it is the only answer. Personally I would have thought France, USA and maybe PNG should be the next targets for overseas promotion, not f*cking Uruguay! :lol:
You're the one who brought up Uruguay. And I never said it should be part of the NRL either. I said that we should be promoting the game in the hope that another country decides to set up a competition.

I wont read about a govt report about rail infrastructure, partly because it is irrelevant, and secondly I won't read anything you have blown your load over. The only real impact the Soccer WC will have on league is stadium upgrades.
You dopey f**king imbecile. The report is about infrastructure as a whole not just rail. How do you think people get to games? How do you think they televise games? How do you think crowds flush that toilet? How do you think they switch lights on at games? How do you think areas get set aside for stadiums? How do you think cities grow and can support that growth. How do you think competitions expand eventually? Infrastructure and sustainable population growth. Not supporters. Not local identities who want a club. Infrastructure. The big picture for any expansion and sustainability for any industry anywhere in the world revolves around infrastructure. It doesn't matter how many supporters you have. If you don't have the infrastructure you don't have a club. It's as simple as that. And the World Cup is almost always based around infrastructure. How about you go down to the library and read a few books on the way things work. It's like talking to the teenage kid who thinks he knows everything that you just want to wrap your hand around.

And you left Port Macquarie when you were 7. Look at regional Australia through adults eyes. As Springs says, regionals are not crying out for NRL exposure - they are crying out for assistance to keep junior and senior League going strong in the regions.
I said I lived there for 7 years. Not that I left at 7. Are you dyslexic? Mixing up words? Or do you just not read things properly or even at all?

The code doesn't need consolidation against rival codes in the bush, save for spasmodic Union presences, which here on the coast is only really a problem in the Coffs Harbour Wallaby wankfest precinct. AFL is nothing, and Soccer is nothing unless you are under 14. The areas the code needs help to grow is Melbourne, NZ and Perth.
You're very complacent aren't you? Any organisation needs to consolidate it's position no matter the perceived weakness of other competitors. If you let your competition grow and get out of hand you have big problems. Look what happened to you and the Bears. You didn't consolidate and improve your position then a competitor came along and took you over. If you had of been in a stronger position you would still be going around in the NRL today. If we get the World Cup, then watch football grow exponentially against rugby league. That includes the bush.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
I never said it did. I said that if the government were smart then if we get the World Cup and a requirement is to upgrade rail systems then it is smart to install the basic facilities for high speed rail in the future.
I doubt that Fifa could demand Australia upgrade it's rail system to get the World Cup. The IOC didn't. Besides, the govt hasnt the $ and if it did then we would have had the third line to Newcastle, the North West Rail Link and other stuff like dual carriageway on the Pacific Hwy.

What do you think infrastructure is? It involves all the basic facilities that are required for a country to run and grow effectively. That includes transport systems, water, sewers, power grids, telecommunications, parks, stadiums etc etc. The NRL needs all that stuff to run an effective competition and to expand. A city needs to be able to grow and support that growth. If a city grows, and new clubs come into the competition, they need to have the infrastructure to support those teams.
Wow, I never realised that! Wow! One question, Australia has never had a Soccer World Cup before - how come someone has already built transport systems, water, sewers, power grids, telecommunications, parks, stadiums etc etc?

So you reckon only Fifa would be the catalyst for urban planning :lol:

Anyway, if Fifa demand we upgrade our sewer network, tell it to f*ck off and ask how good the sewer network in Soweto is.

You dumb f*ck. You are acting like Australia hasn't changed since 1788, and that Fifa will save the world.

It's a golden opportunity. You must have been on the NRL board in the past. Because they always seem to miss this stuff. Now we are number three against Union and AFL.
In terms of what?????? We outrate them both in TV ratings. We are the only ones who can sell out stadiums for all 3 levels - domestic, interstate and international.

As for launching a massive global advertising blitz designed to set up an NRL level RL comp in every country in the world - do you want to fund it? Because the NRL cannot fund a salary cap increase to keep a Polynesian bible basher from taking his bike to another code, and you want to spend what must end up AT LEAST a few BILLION in advertising, let alone training the players, referees, coaches and administrators to that level for each of 212 countries on earth? You talk about infrastructure, get your head around the infrastructure needed to do that!

Aaahhh... The Olympics made millions fly to Australia. The Olympics made millions fly to Spain. Big events bring big numbers of people.
And what about the bit where these millions suddenly forget soccer and go hunting for Souffs v Penruff?????

And there are potential markets overseas.
And think about the costs involved. Get your head out of the clouds.

You're the one who brought up Uruguay. And I never said it should be part of the NRL either. I said that we should be promoting the game in the hope that another country decides to set up a competition.
And you'll pour billions into rail infrastructure in the hope that someone might decide to use it?

You dopey f**king imbecile. The report is about infrastructure as a whole not just rail. How do you think people get to games? How do you think they televise games? How do you think crowds flush that toilet? How do you think they switch lights on at games? How do you think areas get set aside for stadiums? How do you think cities grow and can support that growth. How do you think competitions expand eventually? Infrastructure and sustainable population growth. Not supporters. Not local identities who want a club. Infrastructure. The big picture for any expansion and sustainability for any industry anywhere in the world revolves around infrastructure. It doesn't matter how many supporters you have. If you don't have the infrastructure you don't have a club. It's as simple as that. And the World Cup is almost always based around infrastructure. How about you go down to the library and read a few books on the way things work. It's like talking to the teenage kid who thinks he knows everything that you just want to wrap your hand around.
Oh dear, where do I start with that drivel? You are basing your demented rant on the notion that every Australin digs a hole to crap in, and that Fifa will suddenly introuduce us to the flush toilet, the horseless carriage and the wheel.

Newsflash: There is a new subdivision near my place, and IT DIDN"T NEED FIFA to happen. That's right, incredible as it seems, FIFA PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!!!! Maybe that's why Beckham is here - trying to find evidence of urban planing in Australia. maybe landing a plane at Williamtown Airport might have given it away rather than sailing through the f*cking heads like the first fleet!!!!!!!
I said I lived there for 7 years. Not that I left at 7. Are you dyslexic? Mixing up words? Or do you just not read things properly or even at all?
Sorry, I assumed I was talking to an 8 year oldm-mhe demands that NRL expand to Uruguay and that only FIFA can organise a sewerage system threw me.

You're very complacent aren't you? Any organisation needs to consolidate it's position no matter the perceived weakness of other competitors. If you let your competition grow and get out of hand you have big problems. Look what happened to you and the Bears. You didn't consolidate and improve your position then a competitor came along and took you over. If you had of been in a stronger position you would still be going around in the NRL today. If we get the World Cup, then watch football grow exponentially against rugby league. That includes the bush.
Position consolidated.

And if Fifa come, and SOCCER will cause it to grow faster than League, and only playing league games in the bush will help it survive, does that mean you have given up on the cities???? Parts of Sydney need League consolidating more than the bush does. Get an adult to explain that to you.

As for the Bears (this proves how dumb you are) - they built a big stadium in Gosford and wanted to move up here but the NRL backed down on a promise and failed to support them. I'd call what the Bears did was consolidation.

BTW, no competitor ever has and ever will take my team over you completely and utterly dumb f*ck!!!!

Last edited:

chefman21

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

At least you're consistent. Still have no idea do you? I'll give you the benefit of doubt because the library wasn't open last night and you haven't had a chance to do some reading and thinking of your own. But until you do I think you are an idiot.

Loudstrat

Coach
And you haven't gotten past the stage where tasting your own snot is cool.

I loved your idea where no infrastructure happens without FIFA. And here I was thinking that the local council was slack in approving DA's :lol:

applesauce

Bench
f**king bullsh*t. Been watching it Qatar have never been in a WC, are 120+ in the rankings (out of 208 countries), it will be 40C over there, they have 1 airport and a population of only 1.6mill and Al Jazira reported they won 1hr before announced it. FIFA are corrupt as they come! Could of copped the US winning cause at least I could try to go but alcohol is ILLEGAL in Qatar. WTF kind of world cup will that be...

Danish

Referee
Says more about your own level of culture than anything else.

Let's say a bit about Qatar culture...

They live under sharia law. They still practice slavery. Beating your wife/s is permitted. Importing servants from poor Asian nations (india, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc) and paying them a monthly salary of a few bucks is the norm.

I could go on and on....

But no, complaining about not being able to buy a beer says more about our culture :roll:

Slackboy72

Coach
I'm astonished that such a small nation would have more than one football pitch.
Both the 2018 and 2022 hosts are massive own goals for soccer internationally. I'm not saying we should have got it but picking Qatar ahead of Japan, Korea and USA??? That stinks so badly.

f**king bullsh*t. Been watching it Qatar have never been in a WC, are 120+ in the rankings (out of 208 countries), it will be 40C over there, they have 1 airport and a population of only 1.6mill and Al Jazira reported they won 1hr before announced it. FIFA are corrupt as they come! Could of copped the US winning cause at least I could try to go but alcohol is ILLEGAL in Qatar. WTF kind of world cup will that be...

Alcohol is legal in hotel bars and other designated areas.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Australia getting 1 vote and getting the boot in the first round speaks volumes about how serious our chances were...

In hindsight what a lot of hot air over many months, and unfortunately a fair sum of money down the drain....

macavity

Referee
Let's say a bit about Qatar culture...

They live under sharia law. They still practice slavery. Beating your wife/s is permitted. Importing servants from poor Asian nations (india, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc) and paying them a monthly salary of a few bucks is the norm.

I could go on and on....

But no, complaining about not being able to buy a beer says more about our culture :roll:

but they tell us soccer is all about uniting people.

men and women.... adults and children.... black and white.... master and slave, apparently.