What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galvin

Nutz

Bench
S

Sorry I've lost my thumbs up Tm.
Exactly, if your hands broken it's in a cast. Even a fracture. 6wks to mend usually.
Smoke and mirrors.
So he was dropped in my opinion and given a bit of time off to get over niggling injuries and get some confidence back. Also the press were after him.
I am a strong advocate of giving Lachlan as much nrl experience as possible because he's fit and players don't get bashed anymore but I did say a couple of weeks ago that if he did have a fracture and was needled I'd be furious as that's not looking after the kid.
Got my thumbs back. This site sucks as far as privacy goes.

TroyJax

Juniors
Id like to see him shifted to centre for a couple of games and Latu given a couple of games at 5/8.
His defence is better than Dooies and Fainu might get the attack going which Galvin has struggled to do.

Tigerm

First Grade
Id like to see him shifted to centre for a couple of games and Latu given a couple of games at 5/8.
His defence is better than Dooies and Fainu might get the attack going which Galvin has struggled to do.
Can't recall where I heard this, but it was indicated early that Gal was destined for the 13 jumper.

Nutz

Bench
Can't recall where I heard this, but it was indicated early that Gal was destined for the 13 jumper.
It has been said on here often Tm. If he builds up he could invariably be a good ball playing lock. One who plays the deep 2nd receiver on plays where you have a most of the backline involved.
He would also be closer to any breaks made by the dummy half or fwd's offloads.
He has the ability but needs to be physically strong enough to have those shoulders pounded for 80min.
2-3 years down the track maybe.

Pezz70

Juniors
Be crazy to play him anywhere but 5/8. Wait and have a look at him next season with another 5kg on his frame. He be in for a big season next year. I don’t disagree with giving Latu a run though, now’s the time to give him some footy, season is done.

Tigerm

First Grade
Be crazy to play him anywhere but 5/8. Wait and have a look at him next season with another 5kg on his frame. He be in for a big season next year. I don’t disagree with giving Latu a run though, now’s the time to give him some footy, season is done.
It wasn't for next season, but if Latu lives up to the hype, 3 doesn't go into 2.
Whether Gal can do it, is another matter as well, but he's a big lad and with some beef on, he could be anything.

Tiger05

First Grade
It wasn't for next season, but if Latu lives up to the hype, 3 doesn't go into 2.
Whether Gal can do it, is another matter as well, but he's a big lad and with some beef on, he could be anything.

It'll be interesting how this plays out. Luai will get the 7. I can't see Galvin playing 13. There are options there in Matamua, Kit Laulilii or the 3rd prop ala Pole. Maybe Latu is a bigger body and he could do it.

I think Galvin is too slow for the centres. I see him as a half only at this point.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If Latu lives up to the hype he will usurp Galvin at 6 as Galvin has the attributes to be a success at 13

Vic Mackey

Referee
I Still think Latu is the better longterm 6 option. Robbie Farah told a mate of mine he was going to be the 6 to start the year til he did his hamstring just before Xmas.

Start of next year will be very interesting

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Gal's finding out that being the top gun in juniors, doesn't give you a free ride in the pro's.
He'll learn though, as will all the young blokes.