What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Uncle Nicks Turkeys.

Chimp

Bench
Another terrific performance. Some take-away for me;

- They got away with slowing us down a bit too much, we didn’t hold them down enough. But the ref seemed to be very quick to judge against us, and fine with them making the floor messy
- We gave Walker waaaaaaay too much time to think. Needed more pressure on him in D.
- Big Tommy is THE form prop in the comp. I said it a few weeks ago, I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him picked for NSW.
- Tuks is making it very difficult to leave him out of the 17
- The team look more ‘together’ than I’ve ever seen a Sharks team. We look like the closest team in the comp.

Something special is brewing…… We can win the lot… Only the speed of the Broncos worries me.

ragzouken

Juniors
chooks threw the kitchen sink at us and still couldn’t get the job done they lost there heads in the second half McInnes worked the shit out of the middle they tried to have Watson and smith in there to combat it but started to panic with 20 to go, cam just kept going

thought Fitz did well holding to hazelton as long as he did he skittles Gus at the end because he was so gassed

Tiger Shark

Bench
Sifa leading the post game circle was certainly an interesting moment
I don’t think he lead it it seems that Cam spoke before and they all openly speak up, which that itself I think it’s great. That they all want a voice and input into things.

This is a well clicked unit working for each other.

Fitz has built one hell of a culture and it seems we’ve finally developed some of that grit we needed.

Tiger Shark

Bench
chooks threw the kitchen sink at us and still couldn’t get the job done they lost there heads in the second half McInnes worked the shit out of the middle they tried to have Watson and smith in there to combat it but started to panic with 20 to go, cam just kept going

thought Fitz did well holding to hazelton as long as he did he skittles Gus at the end because he was so gassed
Yeah that’s the Roosters style and it usually is effective but it was like us last year, can lead to errors and you need to know when to use it.

It’s hard to defend but feel it could get worked out soon. Aside from Manu they’re full strength too.

Yeah that’s the Roosters style and it usually is effective but it was like us last year, can lead to errors and you need to know when to use it.

It’s hard to defend but feel it could get worked out soon. Aside from Manu they’re full strength too.
It's the reason why they come unstuck against Panthers and Storm.
If you stick to your systems they have mistakes in them.
They are like the Broncs play as lib

Black Panther

Juniors
Another terrific performance. Some take-away for me;

- They got away with slowing us down a bit too much, we didn’t hold them down enough. But the ref seemed to be very quick to judge against us, and fine with them making the floor messy
- We gave Walker waaaaaaay too much time to think. Needed more pressure on him in D.
- Big Tommy is THE form prop in the comp. I said it a few weeks ago, I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him picked for NSW.
- Tuks is making it very difficult to leave him out of the 17
- The team look more ‘together’ than I’ve ever seen a Sharks team. We look like the closest team in the comp.

Something special is brewing…… We can win the lot… Only the speed of the Broncos worries me.
What about the fact they conceded 30 points. Not taking anything away from the win, but that is a lot of points to give away.

sladden road

Juniors
Well fellow declared idiots and all lovers of the mighties.

A really special night at Suncorp.

Magic round is a bloody blast, so much fun. All the fans are in such good spirits.

I made it to the Caxton and had a few sherbets, then the went a little too hard on the shrooms.. the grass looked really green at the ground!!haha

Cocks were up for the game and were the most physical team we have played this this year. Brutal game but great win.

We just out willed them. This is a great improvement from previous years.

Thinking of flying down for the Pennies..

Frenzy.

Post Whore
What about the fact they conceded 30 points. Not taking anything away from the win, but that is a lot of points to give away.
Not that concerning in context of the game. It's only Round 11 and the Sharks are working on completely different systems this year. In 22 or 23 the Sharks have 40 put on them in this type of game, Looking forward to the finished product.

DJDL

First Grade
I said last week about about our edge fellas, hopefully you all see what Briton and Teigh are really bringing.

I've always thought that about Nikora, but have really been noticing Teig the last month or so.
He is really starting to warm into his role.

Something else I noticed about him this week, in the shed before the game, when the forwards were all together, he had a lot to say. I'm starting to see why he was NSW U18s captain.

He looks to be entering the golden period of his career.
Let's hope he keep improving the way is.

I've been fairly ambivalent about him until this year, but he's quickly changing my mind.

DJDL

First Grade
Sifa leading the post game circle was certainly an interesting moment

I loved that part.

What got me was the length of time they did it.
I'd like to see it again and time it, but it seemed a solid few minutes of them reminding themselves the job's nowhere near done, stay focused, keep your heads out of the clouds and just keep working hard for each other.

You see teams doing it all the time, but I don't recall many of them lasting that length of time, or all of the players seemingly as invested into what was being said.

This a really tight group, no question.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Ronnie needs to trust Iro. Had his man both times, no trust 2 tries and you took no one Ronnie.
That whole side needs work.

Started as Wilton, Trindall, Sifa and Ronnie

Now is Wilton, Atko, Iro and Ronnie.

That's a fair disruption to the system in terms of bringing what happens on the training park to the playing field.

I did intend to watch this and few other highlights packages of Sharks games to see how teams have been scoring but haven't done that yet. My hunch though is that side was going far better with the previous line up and it was as much about the slide that was being employed. I cealry remember Tricky doing a lot of cleanup work on that side by tracking behind the line once the ball had progressed past his spot.

Not saying you're wrong Angerman but I think there's more going on out there. I think Ronnie has been leaving his wing at times all year and the other sides haven't been scoring. I think Atko is getting used to the system and that puts it out of whack as well. It's all fixable though

I was wondering how the right side of defence would look if nicho and jesse both get picked for origin. Would trindall or atko defend there and would sifa (if he doesn't get picked) play right centre etc

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I was wondering how the right side of defence would look if nicho and jesse both get picked for origin. Would trindall or atko defend there and would sifa (if he doesn't get picked) play right centre etc
What about if McSkipper also plays. Then it would be Sifa to lock perhaps?

I'd go Trindall on the right I think because he already knows the D system, notwithstanding he's used to the left but he did play right in Round 1 I think with minimal disruption. He did have Jesse there. Let Atko continue to learn on the left because I think he's bit behind there, particularly with how to slide.

We might be looking for a CTW. I expect the contingency for that is M Hiroti

I'd go Trindall on the right I think because he already knows the D system, notwithstanding he's used to the left but he did play right in Round 1 I think with minimal disruption. He did have Jesse there. Let Atko continue to learn on the left because I think he's bit behind there, particularly with how to slide.

I expect Williams to play lock if mcbloodsport gets picked

This is where I like Fitz having in reggies Hiroti and Burns there is a time to blood the youngsters but also time where you play a guy who has to stand up before.

During origin that's not when to blood a youngster if you don't have to especially if 2 or more players out

heights

Juniors
That whole side needs work.

Started as Wilton, Trindall, Sifa and Ronnie

Now is Wilton, Atko, Iro and Ronnie.

That's a fair disruption to the system in terms of bringing what happens on the training park to the playing field.

I did intend to watch this and few other highlights packages of Sharks games to see how teams have been scoring but haven't done that yet. My hunch though is that side was going far better with the previous line up and it was as much about the slide that was being employed. I cealry remember Tricky doing a lot of cleanup work on that side by tracking behind the line once the ball had progressed past his spot.

Not saying you're wrong Angerman but I think there's more going on out there. I think Ronnie has been leaving his wing at times all year and the other sides haven't been scoring. I think Atko is getting used to the system and that puts it out of whack as well. It's all fixable though
That is just a poor attempt to shift blame.

Ronnie has been biting in all year on his centres marked man.

He has solely created an overlap for the opposition at least a dozen times this year most leading to tries.

How the coaching staff haven't recognised this obvious defensive fault in his game baffles me and if they have and he continues to do it against their instructions, why he is still in the team.

Then again they kept the turnstile Moylan in the team for three quarters of last season, which cost us a top 4 spot.