What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could add any five players to your squad, what would your 17 look like?

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Wade Mckinnon
2-John Williams
3-Jamie Lyon
4-Timana Tahu
5-Eric Grothe
6-Jonathon Thurston
7-Tim Smith
8-Nathan Cayless
9-Mark Riddell
10-Steve Price
11-Nathan Hindmarsh
12-Glenn Morrison
13-John Sutton

14-PJ Marsh
15-Dean Widders
16-Carl Webb
17-Fuifui Moimoi

1. Shifofske
2. Graham
3. Frawly
4. Hodges
5.Chalk
6. Smith
7. Johns
8. Weyman
9. Woolford
10.Bailey
11.Hindmarsh
12 Tom LL
13.Tongue

14. SBW
15. Trevor Thurling
16. Will Zillman
17. Josh Miller

Unbeatable team there. A combination of Andrew Johns and jason smith would be unstoppable behind that forward pack

King Panther

Juniors
Penrith Panthers
1.Wesser
2.GROTHE
3.Lewis
4.HODGES
5.Rooney
6.Campbell
7.Gower(c)
8.Clinton
9.Priddis
10.MATTHEW SCOTT
11.T.Puletua
12.N.HINDMARSH
13.D.YOUNG
14.Waterhouse
15.Rodney
16.Pritchard
17.Moors
Coach-Bennett
.............That's an awesome team

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
I think Parradude_Jay must still be pissed off about Round 1 or something, because it was completely unprovoked.

I'm just sick of Knights fans talking complete rubbish. "We're not a one man band", "Josh Perry's kneeing was nothing like Greg Bird's" etc. and now you're picking someone up on their decision to choose Soward over Johns, in a hypothetical topic that is based completely on the poster's own preferences. Dead set, have a look at yourself will you?

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
1. Bowen
2. Tuqiri
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Webcke
9. Ennis
10. Civinoceva
11. Stagg
12. Crocker
13. Carroll

14. Berrigan
15. Thaiday
16. Parker
17. Thorn

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Ben Hornby
Matt Bowen
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Hazem El Masri
Trent Barrett
AJ
Ben Kennedy
Sonny Bill Williams
Ben Creagh
Jason Ryles
Dean Young
Luke Bailey
-------
Ashton Sims
Corey Payne
Shaun Timmins
Greg Inglis

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: f**king gold, JM having a hissy fit because someone didnt pick johns, get over it you big skirt! :lol:

LESStar58

Referee
I'd only want 3 players...i can't really fault Melbourne's outside backs and back row its just the front row is where i'd like some size and experience..

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt geyer
3. Matt King
4. Greg Ingliss
5. Jake Webster
6. Scott Hill
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Stuart Fielden
9. Cameron Smith
10. Ben Ross
11. David Kidwell
12. Michael Croker
13. Dallas Johnson

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
I'm just sick of Knights fans talking complete rubbish. "We're not a one man band", "Josh Perry's kneeing was nothing like Greg Bird's" etc. and now you're picking someone up on their decision to choose Soward over Johns, in a hypothetical topic that is based completely on the poster's own preferences. Dead set, have a look at yourself will you?

We are a one-man f**king band. I've said that so many times it's lost all meaning now.

Perry's knee was totally different and you know it. If Perry had kneed Friend in the head I'd be all over him like a rash, but the fact is he didn't.

If you didn't notice, I didn't have a go at the guy who chose Soward. Plenty of other selections were questioned in the same manner, but because it was a Knights' fan you felt the need to jump in with the personal stuff.

Get over yourself.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: f**king gold, JM having a hissy fit because someone didnt pick johns, get over it you big skirt! :lol:

Johns Magic said:
Soward over Johns? LOL

The hissiest fit you've ever seen that. Trust you to follow me into a thread that has nothing to do with you and have a go :lol:

Balmain_Boy

It was the manner in which you did it. Noone else brought up a player from their own team as a replacement. Only you. Deadset, you bring up Johns at every oppurtunity. Like the thread about Todd Payten. It's bloody boring mate.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: follow you? Hah! How embarssing for you. Though thats not anything new for you, your up there with Harrigan as the biggest clowns ive ever witnessed in a form of media. That includes Rebecca Wilson!

I come into this thread, posted in it, came back to read some insightful stuff yet found you having a cry because someone didnt pick johns

Johns Magic said:
Pity Johns will win you 90% of the matches he plays, and Soward's an average player.

He also picked Mason, so injuries aren't an excuse.

Johns Magic said:
Johns will play more FG than Soward this year.

Partly because Johns will play around 20 matches, and partly because Soward will be stuck in PL behind the almighty Brett Finch.

Johns Magic said:
Sorry mate, next time I'll be sure to pick a PL half whose stuck behind Brett Finch in front of the best player in the competition.

If you were picking youth, Soward wouldn't be your first picked either.

:cry:
**dedicates Justin Timberlakes "Cry me a River" to JM**

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
For now id pick...

1. Webb
2. Taulapapa
3. TAHU
4. WILLIAMS (ty)
5. Vatuvei
6. THURSTON
7. JOHNS
8. Wiki
9. Fien
10. Price
11. Koopu
12. Anderson
13 Faumuina

14. Rovelli
15. Tuimavavue
16. Luck
17. HALATAU

For the future id pick Marshall and Thurston as my halves. Ben Smith and Tahu as my centres and throw in SBW as an impact.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: follow you? Hah! How embarssing for you. Though thats not anything new for you, your up there with Harrigan as the biggest clowns ive ever witnessed in a form of media. That includes Rebecca Wilson!

I come into this thread, posted in it, came back to read some insightful stuff yet found you having a cry because someone didnt pick johns

:cry:
**dedicates Justin Timberlakes "Cry me a River" to JM**

I was replying to people who had a go at me, you dimwit.

You missed that bit though didn't you.

Johns Magic

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
It was the manner in which you did it. Noone else brought up a player from their own team as a replacement. Only you. Deadset, you bring up Johns at every oppurtunity. Like the thread about Todd Payten. It's bloody boring mate.

That was a tongue-in-cheek comment about Raider_69 for God's sake.

Who the f**k starts a thread about a nuffy bench player? Oh that's right, Tigers fans.

DeeGan

Bench
Gold Coast Titans

1 - Matt Bowen

2 - Matt Petersen
3 - Mark Gasnier
4 - Greg Inglis

5 - Brian Carney
6 - Preston Campbell
7 - Scott Prince
8 - Luke Bailey
9 - Nathan Friend
10 - Stuart Fielden
11 - Nathan Hindmarsh

12 - Anthony Laffranchi
13 - Luke O'Dwyer

Nathan B

Juniors
(OK, I was bored...)

The top 11 players in the game considering all factors (including future potential)

Thurston (20 votes)
Inglis (16 votes)
SB Williams (15 votes)

N Hindmarsh (10 votes)
Grothe (8 votes)
Johns (8 votes)
Kennedy (8 votes)
Gasnier (6 votes)
Lyon (6 votes)
Marshall (5 votes)
Bowen (5 votes)

Pretty good list I reckon.

Balmain_Boy

Johns Magic said:
That was a tongue-in-cheek comment about Raider_69 for God's sake.

Who the f**k starts a thread about a nuffy bench player? Oh that's right, Tigers fans.
Not me.

Anyway, aren't you meant to be off the forums till June? It'll be sweet respite.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: ill miss the hysteria and laughter his posts create... someone called it earlier, its deadset the cheif harrigan posting on LU, i think ill refer to JM as Cheif from now on :lol:

Latest posts