What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Stagger eel

Staff member
When hasn't it been about personalities.

People often tell me they were worried about the finacial standing in the club in 2008/9 yet it was all about personalities then and it is now. That is how most clubs work.

I disagree, if you look at the state of the club now compared to 2008 than you can see that it wasn't all about personalaties, I don't know about you, but as a member I enjoy going to the firehouse, I enjoy the choice of having a steak sandwich or a cake at trophies, I think the museum just outside the bistro looks fantastic, and the post match experience on level 3 is great! ... Cosmetically, the club hasn't looked better so why do need to change a board? Why can't we opt for a bit of stability for a few years or is that too much too ask?

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I disagree, if you look at the state of the club now compared to 2008 than you can see that it wasn't all about personalaties, I don't know about you, but as a member I enjoy going to the firehouse, I enjoy the choice of having a steak sandwich or a cake at trophies, I think the museum just outside the bistro looks fantastic, and the post match experience on level 3 is great! ... Cosmetically, the club hasn't looked better so why do need to change a board? Why can't we opt for a bit of stability for a few years or is that too much too ask?

I bet you drive a commodore with a Chev badge .

Avenger

Immortal
All I know is that the Leagues club is 10 times better now. Denis and the gang did nothing for years and it was somewhat embarrassing.

He also kept blaming the pokie tax and couldn't assure our existence.

He had to go.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
All I know is that the Leagues club is 10 times better now. Denis and the gang did nothing for years and it was somewhat embarrassing.

He also kept blaming the pokie tax and couldn't assure our existence.

He had to go.

Agree , but how many ellections can the current mob hide behind his name ?

born an eel

Bench
seems moderation is a bit light on this year.

We all know who pulls EGJ strings anyway, wouldn't have expected anything less but since the board drew a line in the sand about things posted on nospam46, I expected more from them.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
seems moderation is a bit light on this year.

We all know who pulls EGJ strings anyway, wouldn't have expected anything less but since the board drew a line in the sand about things posted on nospam46, I expected more from them.

The funniest part is the bit where EGJ expects us to believe he went unnoticed sitting behind them . As if anyone would miss a big quitter with bad tats and a box full of rancid meat trays sitting in the stands .

born an eel

Bench
Would Mario need to answer to the overall drop in revenue at trophies bar and the bistro given that he doesn't supply to them?
Sorry Stagger, missed this comment earlier,

Yes, I would expect a board member to be concerned and answer about the drop in catering revenue and not just be happy his own payments from the club have increased.

eel speel

Juniors
The funniest part is the bit where EGJ expects us to believe he went unnoticed sitting behind them . As if anyone would miss a big quitter with bad tats and a box full of rancid meat trays sitting in the stands .

i think that's a bit harsh. EGJ did play tough at times. But as Singo said to Joey Johns "he needs to man up, names names, how can he be so strong on the field but be so weak off the field"

I actually think EGJ is getting bad advice.

He is harming the Club he loves and is affecting is own credibility by hiding and not naming people, his reputation is being affected

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
This is just getting silly now.

Suity

My point was that some people are happy with a polished turd . Lets just forget that they've bungled after bungled after bungled because the club looks good and there's a nice cake selection . Hey Stagger , with Kearney , Ossie , Ando And Ossies bit on the sides payouts they could have bought you your own cream bun factory. Why am I not supprized you drive a lairy car .

eel speel

Juniors
I'm over this shit already, it's no longer about the stability of the club, it's all about personalaties, he said she said, some guy trying to get his membership back and another who is running but doesn't support the club..

I'm over it!

I'm over it too. its crap...hiding behind Josh Massoud and not naming names. EGJ affects his own credibility and also harms the reputation of the other 7 people on that rival ticket.

Suitman

Post Whore
i think that's a bit harsh. EGJ did play tough at times. But as Singo said to Joey Johns "he needs to man up, names names, how can he be so strong on the field but be so weak off the field"

I actually think EGJ is getting bad advice.

He is harming the Club he loves and is affecting is own credibility by hiding and not naming people, his reputation is being affected

Or maybe he actually believes what he says? ie. his own opinion.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Welcome to our new friends who just happen to join us around election time, hope you enjoy your stay on the forums and hopefully you can post in just more than the elections thread............

Because you are here to post about the footy team, and maybe even about the game on Saturday right?????

emjaycee

Coach
A Hyundai Exel with a Clubsprint spoiler kit and hypercolour pearl paint that changes colour while you drive it . Complete with a massive fusion sticker on the back window ..

Am interested to understand the relevance of attempting to degenerate the type of car Stagger drives or doesnt drive with either this thread or any other thread on this forum.

Of course it may just be that someone who more often posts on the one-eyed eel site is to used to getting personal when other posters don't agree with them. especially at times like elections.

Latest posts