What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

jimmy77au

Juniors
My point was that some people are happy with a polished turd . Lets just forget that they've bungled after bungled after bungled because the club looks good and there's a nice cake selection . Hey Stagger , with Kearney , Ossie , Ando And Ossies bit on the sides payouts they could have bought you your own cream bun factory. Why am I not supprized you drive a lairy car .

Ever stop to think that there are a large number of Leagues Club Memebers - A La the Parramatta Community - who may not actually support the Eels, and couldnt give 2 sh!ts about the League Team?

As a member of the Leagues Club - Wouldnt they be more impressed by the improvements to a) the bottom line of the club & B) The Improvements made to said club??

I am a Leagues Club Member, as well as an Eels supporter.

The RL Club, in my opinion, is looking after itself to a degree - a change in Board isn't necessarily going to change anything - unless they're proposing a complete clean out of the Staff from Ken Edwards down.....

The Leagues club - the backbone of the Club - is more important in the grand scheme of things, as far as being a member is concerned - in my opinion.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
I agree that you guys need your pokie palace to look good Jimmy however once all the assets are sold and the pockets are lined theyll be thanking the football side of things for keeping the club in patronage . Look how many non football team aligned clubs are closing the doors , all the pay packets in the world in the queen of the Nile couldn't help them . Anyway I think you missed my point , which was clearly that so much money has been wasted on bungled deals and waaaay over paying people that the club could have had plenty more to spend . I've got no idea where you got that I'd singled the team out as the only priority ? Yes the club looks great so what , give me a chequebook and a few nice assets to sell and I could spend it on jazzing the joint up a bit , no ground breaking management there .

Pricey86

Juniors
Ever stop to think that there are a large number of Leagues Club Memebers - A La the Parramatta Community - who may not actually support the Eels, and couldnt give 2 sh!ts about the League Team?

As a member of the Leagues Club - Wouldnt they be more impressed by the improvements to a) the bottom line of the club & B) The Improvements made to said club??

The RL Club, in my opinion, is looking after itself to a degree - a change in Board isn't necessarily going to change anything - unless they're proposing a complete clean out of the Staff from Ken Edwards down.....

The Leagues club - the backbone of the Club - is more important in the grand scheme of things, as far as being a member is concerned - in my opinion.

Interesting that bit

jimmy77au

Juniors
I agree that you guys need your pokie palace to look good Jimmy however once all the assets are sold and the pockets are lined theyll be thanking the football side of things for keeping the club in patronage . Look how many non football team aligned clubs are closing the doors , all the pay packets in the world in the queen of the Nile couldn't help them . Anyway I think you missed my point , which was clearly that so much money has been wasted on bungled deals and waaaay over paying people that the club could have had plenty more to spend . I've got no idea where you got that I'd singled the team out as the only priority ? Yes the club looks great so what , give me a chequebook and a few nice assets to sell and I could spend it on jazzing the joint up a bit , no ground breaking management there .

apart from the vikings Club - what Assets are being sold? Show me a Big "Pokie Den" that has closed? Small time Regional RSL's & Small clubs may be closing - but I cannot recall a large club closing down.

Didnt Dennis have a those - yet was making losses?

You missed my point - a lot of patronage doesn't necessarily stem from Rugby League supporters - ever been there during the day? Large patronage of Older Locals - who use the club as the centre of their social hub....Its important when you're discussing the Board Elections that this be noted - its not ALL about the Eels Rugby League Team is the point i'm trying to make (although I do know this is a Rugby League Forum) - But as a member of the Leagues Club I should be able to base my voting decisions for the Leagues Club Board on what is best for the Leagues club.

The Facts are simple - the Club has been turned from a Sink hole of funds - $9m losses in DF's last Tenure - to Significant profits currently - with Plans for future development of the club, as well as significant improvements & upgrades on the facilities.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
The Parramatta Leagues Club Board of Directors appreciates that such websites are a facility to enable people to express their views. However, the fact that a Member of the Club, who owns and maintains the website, is not prepared to ensure the website is used to publish fair comment and not used to publish false, misleading and defamatory comment remains a matter of concern.

Parramatta Leagues Club Board of Directors
Roy Spagnolo OAM
Sid Kelly OAM
Lyn Wallace
Robert Sassen
Mario Libertinni
Joe Saad
Eric Grothe Snr
http://www.parraleagues.com.au/default.aspx?id=7
have EGJ and the owners of the parra4ever website been suspended yet?

Tony Bongo

Bench

The fans are the backbone of the club.

Ratchy

Juniors
So are you even a member ? If not why are you trying to single me out ?

I am yes.......because you seem to appear in here more often around election time(funny that) with a certain ideal in mind. My angle was if you feel so strongly about the current mob get off your ass and vote to make the change you so desperately seek. If you even feel strong enough you know of a place who have the same feeling encourage them to do the same rather being a keyboard warrior trolling posting garbage on a forum board.

Jodeci

Bench
I am yes.......because you seem to appear in here more often around election time(funny that) with a certain ideal in mind. My angle was if you feel so strongly about the current mob get off your ass and vote to make the change you so desperately seek. If you even feel strong enough you know of a place who have the same feeling encourage them to do the same rather being a keyboard warrior trolling posting garbage on a forum board.

WOW

Nicely spoken

well there might be more of a football feel to the voting this year considering it's on home game day right next door to the home ground.
Which may also keep some regluar LC members away who aren't footy fans.
So this election could be partly decided on the form of the footy side this time round as we know some people can't see the bigger picture and think it's all about football results.

Latest posts