What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Tony Bongo

Bench
Hey bongo, didn't you have a go at the eels for signing up a sponsor due to allegations that their product did not work? was this not on hear say as well?

I do know that if everyone wants to base this election on what the Board have done for the leagues club, they have actually made it a profitable business, 5 years ago PLC where in a 8 million dollar hole, what was the profit every year after that?

I do know that this board by negotiating a better deal with the parramatta stadium trust they have saved the NRL side around 100K per game, so they have saved 800K in that just alone.

we do play games at ANZ, most people hate that stadium, i hate that stadium but they are doing it as the previous board had only because its the right thing to do financially for the club.

The new CEO is kicking goals, we have almost 16K members, and the goal of 20K will happen. Last year i thought we would not even get half of that, but they are doing a fantastic job on that front.

The only thing that has been missing is the performance of the NRL team, they signed a coach to come in and do a job, he was in over his head, so they changed it, do i think the Ricky Stuart is the best coach, no i do not, but i do know he is the right coach for the job at this point in time.

Our players have a soft underbelly, this has been proven by how mentally weak they are in games, but again this isn't about me, you or anyone else, its whats best for the club, at the moment the current board are doing a fantastic job for the club, they are financially responsible and have hired the right people for the job, new ceo, coach ect.

If you want to talk about Facts and Truth, the current mob have done a great job in running the LEAGUES CLUB, no doubt about that, they have made mistakes in running the NRL side but they inherited a mess and it needed to be rebuilt, Harolds Mats have won back to back premierships, we are finally keeping our junior talent, Peter Nolan has done a fantastic job, another person that the current board have hired.

Penny Morgan who is involved with the Parramatta Juniors who i talk to allot, knows that the current board are doing a fantastic job so she praises them all the time.

So yeah if you do want to talk about the facts, they are doing a fantastic job have made some mistakes, yet the club is in a strong position and will continue to be placed in a strong position for next 5 years at a minimum.

The Truth Will Set You Free !!!

No it wasn't on hearsay. Once again you are saying shit without evidence and passing it off as fact. If you go back and have a look you will find I provided proof that they had been ordered to remove advertising which was misleading.
It's my opinion that their product is a voodoo stick but that is just my opinion.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Am interested to understand the relevance of attempting to degenerate the type of car Stagger drives or doesnt drive with either this thread or any other thread on this forum.

Of course it may just be that someone who more often posts on the one-eyed eel site is to used to getting personal when other posters don't agree with them. especially at times like elections.

It's been explained above as to my car comment . Now trying to guess is actually just horseplay , if I was to really guess I'd say something like a WRX or Beamer but really I couldn't care less . It's funny that you think you're insulting me when at the same time accusing me of getting personal .

#hypocrite

eel4life

Juniors
No it wasn't on hearsay. Once again you are saying shit without evidence and passing it off as fact. If you go back and have a look you will find I provided proof that they had been ordered to remove advertising which was misleading.
It's my opinion that their product is a voodoo stick but that is just my opinion.

you said it was misleading people to believe it was going to work for them did you not? you just called it a voodoo stick now right?

if this works for some people its no different from going on a paleo diet, or using acupuncture or even getting a massage, if its good enough for a seven world time champion then its good enough for me, and you are entitled to your opinion, mate as i am to mine.

Originally Posted by Tony Bongo
" but I want people to be informed of the facts and the facts are that there is next to no clinical evidence that these products do anything at all.

This is what you wrote buddy, if you want to have a dig at the club for signing a business, and if you are so concerned about people being duped by Scenar Health, why not have a dig at the betting agencies getting involved, why not have a go at the poker machines, why not have a dig at anything else.

http://www.scenarhealth.com/Medical-Research.html

Here is another link

http://www.betterhealthclinic.com.au...r_therapy.html

http://www.scenartherapist.co.uk/CON...NICAL-STUDIES/

just to refresh your memory champ.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
So whats all this stuff about death threats and people changing sides ? Sounds like the Griffith Connections been shipped in to help out .

Suitman

Post Whore
My point was that some people are happy with a polished turd . Lets just forget that they've bungled after bungled after bungled because the club looks good and there's a nice cake selection . Hey Stagger , with Kearney , Ossie , Ando And Ossies bit on the sides payouts they could have bought you your own cream bun factory. Why am I not supprized you drive a lairy car .

No. Your points were silly, as were others.
And they still are.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench
you said it was misleading people to believe it was going to work for them did you not? you just called it a voodoo stick now right?

if this works for some people its no different from going on a paleo diet, or using acupuncture or even getting a massage, if its good enough for a seven world time champion then its good enough for me, and you are entitled to your opinion, mate as i am to mine.

Originally Posted by Tony Bongo
" but I want people to be informed of the facts and the facts are that there is next to no clinical evidence that these products do anything at all.

This is what you wrote buddy, if you want to have a dig at the club for signing a business, and if you are so concerned about people being duped by Scenar Health, why not have a dig at the betting agencies getting involved, why not have a go at the poker machines, why not have a dig at anything else.

http://www.scenarhealth.com/Medical-Research.html

Here is another link

http://www.betterhealthclinic.com.au...r_therapy.html

http://www.scenartherapist.co.uk/CON...NICAL-STUDIES/

just to refresh your memory champ.

Just to refresh your selective memory I also posted this which is not 3rd party hearsay - but nice to work out you are a stooge and not an independent as you claim:
This Scenar Health?*http://www.tgacrp.com.au/?pageID=13&...mplaintID=1658RETRACTIONAn advertisement for the Scenar device, which we published on this website, should not have been published.In the advertisement we made a large number of misleading, unverified, and unlawful claims. These included unlawfully made claims that the Scenar device could have benefits in relation to abdominal pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, chronic pain, broken bones, dysmenorrhoea, groin injuries, knee damage, headaches, allergies, scoliosis, kyphosis, shingles, tinnitus, viral infections, whiplash, and many other health conditions.A complaint about the advertisement was recently upheld by the Complaints Resolution Panel. We provided no evidence to support the claims we made, and the Panel found that the claims were unlawful, misleading, and unverified and breached the Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code.The Panel therefore requested that Scenar Health Pty Ltd publish this retraction.Last edited by Tony Bongo; 22-09-2012 at*08:02 AM..

Last edited:

Latest posts