What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth67

First Grade
Comes as a shock to actually know that he is to spend jail time and it will be damn hard for him .

I am wondering if his sentence will give the jurors in the JDB case second thoughts about their final verdict ?

Old Timer

Coach
Comes as a shock to actually know that he is to spend jail time and it will be damn hard for him .

I am wondering if his sentence will give the jurors in the JDB case second thoughts about their final verdict ?
No shock for me

If you put yourself in such a position and you are found guilty of such a crime for sure you will be going to the “big house”.

His sentence should have no influence on any juror member of any other case including the JDB / CS matter and if it did then dismiss the JDB jury and start again.

The law requires people to act without fear or favour and let’s hope that is the case.

I sincerely hope that Tim Manna’s address to the court re Hayne and his religious convictions didn’t influence the judge re any leniency.

jeffdragon

Bench
2gb were saying that that the jury.requested, if they can't make a decision tomorrow were asking for more time next week.
Looks like the jury can't decide one way or the other.

Dragon David

First Grade

Jurors for the JDB matter may continue deliberations into next week. Judge has told them that they should feel they can take as long as they require to reach a decision.

possm

Coach

I don't think so. If they think JDB is guilty they will find him guilty. If they think JDB is not guilty then they will vote that way.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Do you think this could be a timing issue. Just say JDB is found not guilty, coming on the back of Hayne being found guilty it may leave a bad taste for some. I know both are different scenarios but similar charges. It will probably be even worse if JDB is found guilty as 2 convicted criminals in 2 days from the NRL. It will be a shocking look for the code. Maybe a few days break will somehow help get passed the Hayne verdict. Talk about bad timing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Do you think this could be a timing issue. Just say JDB is found not guilty, coming on the back of Hayne being found guilty it may leave a bad taste for some. I know both are different scenarios but similar charges. It will probably be even worse if JDB is found guilty as 2 convicted criminals in 2 days from the NRL. It will be a shocking look for the code. Maybe a few days break will somehow help get passed the Hayne verdict. Talk about bad timing.

Surely to goodness Uncle Nick has no sway with the NSW Justice system ? :thinking:

The jury asked the judge for directions.

I’m getting this feeling they remain unsure, they have doubts and therefore may find them not guilty.

Just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.