What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

Pantherjim.

Referee
Mayor_Quimby said:
couldn't agree more

quality player for quality team

Whether you deserve him or not is questionable at best...

Whether your team is quality is also questionable...

Why you NEED Jamie Lyon when you have Bell, Matai and Hicks is the million dollar question.

How you're PAYING for Jamie Lyon under your apparent overstretched Salary cap is what everyone who doesn't support Manly would like to know.

parra pete

Referee
No, it just gives more reason to despise Manly and Jamie Lyon. He is a treacherous, no scruples bastard..selfish with no regard to team mates or supporters. Just the man to fit so well into the Manly personna.
It will give the Eels more motivation to lift against the silver tails...
I have despised Manly for over forty years. This move rekindles the passion...
I hope Hartley comes back to the refereeing ranks....That would really top it all off

Davester

Juniors
I'm a Tigers supporter but being a Parramatta local I'll be sure of going to see Manly take on the Eels at Parramatta Stadium...ah what a game that will be!

Pantherjim.

Referee
parra pete said:
No, it just gives more reason to despise Manly and Jamie Lyon. He is a treacherous, no scruples bastard..selfish with no regard to team mates or supporters. Just the man to fit so well into the Manly personna.
It will give the Eels more motivation to lift against the silver tails...
I have despised Manly for over forty years. This move rekindles the passion...
I hope Hartley comes back to the refereeing ranks....That would really top it all off

Ah.... Good!

You didn't seem like the Raving Loonie I mistook you for.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
I think despite Lyon's obvious talent, Judas (and his manager) have become a subject common indignation not only for EELS fans, but also for Panthers and Knights fans who to a much lesser extent were held to randsome. This frustration is reflected by many in the threads on these clubs forum pages.
I hope Fuiy, Hindy, T, Benny etc and give him an absolute belting. Can't wait to hear the fans response to name LYON when we play the Moanly Stealeagles.

RainMan

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
How you're PAYING for Jamie Lyon under your apparent overstretched Salary cap is what everyone who doesn't support Manly would like to know.

I typed this real slow for you.

Salary cap increased to $4 million for 2007. Gives every Club roughly $600k to play with. Kennedy retiring gives Manly a further $250k at least. Manly have released Heckenburg, Cleal, Alberts this year = roughly $350k.

Theres $1.2 million for 2007 give or take $100k without even trying. Of course I haven't factored in Orfords pay rise for 2007, theres -$200k roughly. Still leaves $1 million for 2007.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Perfect Scenerio - EELS 50 Vs Manly 0 at parra stadium
- Judas plays in the centres and is given an absolute bath by Smith/Tahu combo, who both post doubles
- Judas is given absolute bath by parra fans and has a shocker in both attack in defence
- Dessie pulls out the hook for Judas with 10 to go, after starting a fight with Hindy and Hindy does a 'Jamie "cattle dog' Goddard and decks Judas.

Let's get it on Judas!!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
And if we didn't have Brian Smith as coach Lyon would still be an eel.

I wonder if Lyon has spoken to Dale Shearer about how good it is to live in Manly?

chileman

Coach
RainMan said:
I typed this real slow for you.

Salary cap increased to $4 million for 2007. Gives every Club roughly $600k to play with. Kennedy retiring gives Manly a further $250k at least. Manly have released Heckenburg, Cleal, Alberts this year = roughly $350k.

Theres $1.2 million for 2007 give or take $100k without even trying. Of course I haven't factored in Orfors pay rise for 2007, theres -$200k roughly. Still leaves $1 million for 2007.
I don't think that will be slow enough for some Rainman :lol:

Lego_Man

First Grade
What many of you are overlooking is the fact that the minimum salary is being raised by ~20,000 dollars. Clubs will need to do a lot of upgrading of their lower paid players, which will take another chunk out of the available cap space.

RainMan

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
Why?

Because you are slow?

Your original question asked how Manly could be under the cap if they sign Lyon. I answered that for you but it seems that you conveniently left that out when replying to my response...

Angry_eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I hope the eagles are scheduled to play at Parra stadium in 2007.
They will be, Don't worry. (Russell Peters Voice)Somebody's gonna get a Hurt reald bad.

Pantherjim.

Referee
RainMan said:
Your original question asked how Manly could be under the cap if they sign Lyon. I answered that for you but it seems that you conveniently left that out when replying to my response...

Oh, I wasn't questioning your answer, just wondering why you had to type it slow.

Are all Manly fans mentally challenged?

CharlieF

Juniors
Manly wins Lyon race
July 5, 2006

MANLY has won the race for the prize signature of Jamie Lyon, with the former Australia Test centre set to ink a $2 million deal to join the Sea Eagles next season.

In a major coup for the northern peninsula outfit, the Sea Eagles trumped NRL rivals Penrith and Newcastle by securing Lyon for the next four seasons.

The Daily Telegraph understands Lyon's contract will average $500,000 per year and includes a $50,000 third party arrangement with one of Manly's major sponsors.

Manly executive director Paul Cummings was unaware of Lyon's decision when contacted by The Daily Telegraph last night, saying: "We've got nothing back yet, we've made an offer, we're just waiting.

"You probably know more than I do, that's often the way it happens."

Currently starring for St Helens in the English Super League, Lyon was still contracted to Parramatta until July 1 this year despite walking out on the Eels in March 2004.

Parramatta were manoeuvring for Lyon to return to the club earlier this season but the move failed.

Still seething over his departure two years ago, the Eels refused to give the former New South Wales centre permission to negotiate with rival NRL clubs until after June 30.

Manly, Penrith and Newcastle all headed the list of NRL clubs interested in luring Lyon with all three outfits submitting formal offers last Saturday.

Advertisement:

Apparently, one of the major reasons Lyon has opted to join the Sea Eagles is due to his close connection with Manly recruitment officer Noel Cleal.

Lyon stayed with the Cleal family in Sydney when he was first recruited to Parramatta from Wee Waa and remains close friends with Cleal's son Kane.

It remains unclear what position Lyon will play when he joins the Sea Eagles with rookie five-eighth Travis Burns also re-signing with the club over the past 48 hours.

The Daily Telegraph