What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Sign Beau Scott

bails

Juniors
You've come to that conclusion after only one game? Seriously?

I also think its the end of Taia, he previously was a right edge attacking player ,now on left edge ,had serious injury,it was at his house that the twitter storm happened(clutching at straws maybe/maybe not)now has been moved to the left edge (1 game i know) but in all honesty its only a guess but i would be extremely surprised for Houston to make way over Taia

Spot On

Coach
He is a rep forward. 350 k sounds about right but there is always an argument it is a tad excessive. Parra were chasing him.

He is a very good player. Great in dual positions, and not just at club level. What do people think he'd be on? Where do you rate him against our current squad. 350K sounds like a good deal for a rep player who can play dual positions as well as any of the current players we have. Effectively we have just bought a centre and a backrower. Not bad at all.

Frederick

Staff member
It's not all one way traffic - Chris Marlborough and Jacob Ling have gone to saints.

Who cares? Two average players who couldn't crack first grade with all the average players we've had here over the years. Good riddance

Frederick

Staff member
We might have to get rid of those guys to just fit Scott under the salary cap...

$2 Million over 4 years!

Terrorgraph are reporting 1.5 million over 4 years.

So in summary, no one has a f**king clue how much he's getting paid!

drago brelli

Bench
We might have to get rid of those guys to just fit Scott under the salary cap...

$2 Million over 4 years!
$2 mil over 4 yrs. Surely that can't be true. Scott is not a $500 000 a year player. Huge risk, look at what's happened to Asotasi at Souths, he's on the same money and achieved nothing. Bennett is such a snake. He said to Dragons people that he wouldn't target the team but he has done just that. Backed up by that hidious fat Tinkler. Where's all the local Newcastle talent? Over rated it seems. Illawarra has much better local juniors coming through. Brian Smith took quite a few up to Newcastle with him when he was there.

Guvner

First Grade
He is a very good player. Great in dual positions, and not just at club level. What do people think he'd be on? Where do you rate him against our current squad. 350K sounds like a good deal for a rep player who can play dual positions as well as any of the current players we have. Effectively we have just bought a centre and a backrower. Not bad at all.

How does $450k a year sound? You do realise there is only one of him on the field right? Mind you, he was close to your best last week.

Spot On

Coach
Sounds pretty good to me. And listening to the outrage from St George fans it sounds as though he should have been getting that sort of money as well. Le Gaz was getting it, why not Scott?

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
$2 mil over 4 yrs. Surely that can't be true. Scott is not a $500 000 a year player. Huge risk, look at what's happened to Asotasi at Souths, he's on the same money and achieved nothing. Bennett is such a snake. He said to Dragons people that he wouldn't target the team but he has done just that. Backed up by that hidious fat Tinkler. Where's all the local Newcastle talent? Over rated it seems. Illawarra has much better local juniors coming through. Brian Smith took quite a few up to Newcastle with him when he was there.

I can't believe I'm reading this stuff. Dragon's fans were saying Bennett wouldn't go to Newcastle for the money as well. They said he was already well paid enough. Ha. What a joke.You blokes are dreaming.

NEWSFLASH - IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE DRAGONS, THEIR PLAYERS AND THEIR FANS. Bennett owes you nothing. Rugby League is a business.

Bennett will do the same to us when he leaves if he goes to another club. I know it and I accept it. Move on. Beau Scott - a terrific player and terrific buy. People can argue all they want over the purchase price. The fact is we didn't buy another nuffy. You have to pay for quality. He IS quality.

Spot On

Coach
How does $450k a year sound? You do realise there is only one of him on the field right? Mind you, he was close to your best last week.

Mate, he is that solid it's like having an extra player on the field. Big loss for you blokes. :)

thommo4pm

Coach
Best thing from Beaus perspective for signing with us is he doesn't have a little bitch like soward in our lineup that he has to babysit during the games.

The only problem with this statement is that they defend on different sides of the field this year.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Yes you paid overs. But you should get two quality years from him before he reach's my age. Apparently he really did not want to go. But all those gorillas, well ..................

macavity

Referee
Bloody hope we didn't pay him that sort of money.

I have never been a huge fan to be honest - too small and too slow.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Bloody hope we didn't pay him that sort of money.

I have never been a huge fan to be honest - too small and too slow.

TBH you not being able to see what he brings to a team is the reason Bennett is buying him.

Definitely overs though. But then again, what a player is being paid is in context of the teams salary cap, & Beau is exactly what Knights needs.

Beau plays on the right, do you think Bennett is going to move him from the side of the field he has become so dominant on for the last 3-4 years?

Timana can play right or left. It was just a hypothetical given T is currently playing on the left. U r right though and it is most likely to stay the status quo given Beau is a brilliant right sided defender.

Last edited:
St george think any player that leaves has no right to unless they are unwanted. What a joke. I've been sympathetic to this point but they slate anyone who is an ex player almost immediately. Boyd and Wayne are definitely better off. I understand the bitterness but it is up to St George to stop assuming they are this holier than thou club where u stay or else. U r preaching to the converted GKD and your alumni. We have been poached for 2 decades and more to the point been looked down upon. How the tide has turned.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
St george think any player that leaves has no right to unless they are unwanted. What a joke. I've been sympathetic to this point but they slate anyone who is an ex player almost immediately. Boyd and Wayne are definitely better off. I understand the bitterness but it is up to St George to stop assuming they are this holier than thou club where u stay or else. U r preaching to the converted GKD and your alumni. We have been poached for 2 decades and more to the point been looked down upon. How the tide has turned.

That gibberish is just non-sensical. Are you Slothfield or Weirdler?
Name those top flight players that were poached? :roll:

Latest posts