What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly - 16000

effnic

Bench
300 cows fans is more disgusting

Thankyou exactly.
Those 16k fans were all Manly. There Wouldnt of been more then 100 cows fans.
So if we played a closer team then u would of seen the crowd u all would of wanted.
I dont care I was there crowd was awesome very Loud constant chants. Great night.
You may continue whinging now.

Yes, the Bears after all these years have more fans than Manly. Sh!t I'd even bet that the magpies and steelers have more fans than manly. You got given the license and still can't be bothered supporting your team outside the Internet and lounges. Is it cause you don't wanna leave your bongs or something?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ticket prices for these AFL finals are significantly higher than normal.

For example at the Swans game next week the CHEAPEST adult ticket is $60. Double the cost of the Canterbury game next week.

What would the crowd have been like today at Allianz if the tickets were twice as much? 10k?

so they're $15 instead of the usual $5 eh :lol:

F me what BS u go on with :roll:
for the first 2 weeks of the finals they're about the same as the NRL

their prelim finals next week is when their tickets go up .. as do ours .. just not as much.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Yes, the Bears after all these years have more fans than Manly. Sh!t I'd even bet that the magpies and steelers have more fans than manly. You got given the license and still can't be bothered supporting your team outside the Internet and lounges. Is it cause you don't wanna leave your bongs or something?

Nope we stole it from the Bears. :lol:
Just ask Ronny.

Garts

Bench

Well if the government just legalised hooch our crowd numbers would improve. Simple solution really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many Perth fans would there have been at the game if they were in the comp playing tonight? Even if only 2000k NQ's fans that's a good effort, considering that even here in QLD 90% of thee fan base are up in NQ. Manly, Manly League's and their board were at fault tonight. Any other Sydney suburban team would have got 25k+ including Sharks due to their recently lack of finals appearances. This was all Manly. If 20k can turn up to brookie, why not to SFS?

At subi? 30k easily. I wouldn't expect many cowboys fans at the game, my comment is on being still stuck in the nswrl comp mentality then complaining when that same mentality delivers embarrassing crowds.

At subi? 30k easily. I wouldn't expect many cowboys fans at the game, my comment is on being still stuck in the nswrl comp mentality then complaining when that same mentality delivers embarrassing crowds.

It wouldn't have mattered. This isn't a NSWRL issue, it's a Manly traveling issue and an issue that you deep down want to cull some Sydney teams to make room for Perth (who by the way got 11k viewers last night on TV, although I'm not sure what time the game was played). Any other Sydney team would've got 25k easily. For some reason Manly fans don't travel and if they ever go through a long lean period, that could be very worrying for their long term viability.

Evenflow

Bench
Thankyou exactly.
Those 16k fans were all Manly. There Wouldnt of been more then 100 cows fans.

So what? Even if there were no Cows fans, 16k Manly fans is still pathetically shitful no matter how much spin you try and put on it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
An interesting side issue: Just how many cowboy supporters are there outside of NQ or QLD? Do they have an away supporters 'army' (or posse)? You'd imagine that their numbers would be lower than warriors, broncos or storm away fans.

MSIH

Bench
It wouldn't have mattered. This isn't a NSWRL issue, it's a Manly traveling issue and an issue that you deep down want to cull some Sydney teams to make room for Perth (who by the way got 11k viewers last night on TV, although I'm not sure what time the game was played). Any other Sydney team would've got 25k easily. For some reason Manly fans don't travel and if they ever go through a long lean period, that could be very worrying for their long term viability.

Can't understand that logic. If we go through a lean period, we'll only play at Brookie, which makes the travelling part completely irrelevant.

Perth Red

Post Whore

25k in our heartland? Is that really seen as a good outcome?

I don't want to cull anyone for Perth but the ARLC has made it clear there can be no Perth team due to the current clubs not being viable. That does leave a frustration when you see the unrealised potential for our game.

NRL_Fanatic

Juniors
Let's gain a little perspective:

-Fact - Manly are one of the most hated teams in the comp, put simply, neutrals will not go to watch them and the Cowboys play.

Lets say it was 2 Sydney teams. Given there were about 500 Cowboys fans there (that's not having a stab at them) - this, based on averages would give us a crowd of 32 000 (based on 16 000 per team - that's how many Manly fans were there).

* That is only 4000 less than last weeks 'blockbuster' between Manly and the Dogs - which was in fact at Bulldogs home ground.

* 9000 Fans larger than the 2010 2nd week of Finals match between Roosters and the Panthers. This was on a Saturday night (even better) at the Roosters home ground of the SFS

* Just 1000 less than the Roosters v Tigers epic in week one of the 2010 Finals. Once again, on a Saturday night, and this time at both team's home grounds.

* 17000 more than the Dragons vs Manly 2010 Week 1 match of the finals. Granted, it was at a smaller suburban ground in Oki Jubilee, but it still wasn't a sell out. Noted, it was also at a Dragons home ground.

* 11 000 more than at the Bulldogs v Knights Week 1 Final in 2009. Granted, Newcastle are not a 'Sydney' team but they are just a few hours up the road, have many Sydney fans and the game was also played at the Bulldogs home ground.

I could go on all day, but I think I've made my point. Face it, the NRL has a Sydney wide problem, not just Manly. I didn't hear the same 'they should be kicked out remarks' after these crowds, so don't let the media bandwagon kill you.