What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

nikko

Juniors
good luck to him , I don't get why he couldn't get a crack in firsts.....shame to see him go....gets real cold down there though....he wont like that one bit...

b.bear

Juniors
Good to see him go, we should let go of all our try scoring machines, our defence is awesome, we don't need to score many points.

apparently there is no chance a 30+ winger has a chance of breaking down in an nrl season.

Not happy about losing him. Would like to know the REAL reason he wasnt given a go this year.
There is a story there somewhere....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I din't know that theres much to the story. He's better than a depth player, he's behind Nofo & Richards and he probably got offered more to go to the Storm.

Matchball

Bench
Can't keep them all but the guy gave his all.
I'll remember him for his hit on Sandow. Nearly killed himself.

stormlander

Juniors
It is a great signing for the Storm. Might be the missing jigsaw for another premiership run this year.

Letting the most talented winger in the competition leave for nothing? There must be a story we have not been told.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I don't think there's any big dramas about it - fact is the Tigers have two very good wingers already in first grade, and Potter apparently doesn't intend to shift either of them to another position - fair enough. So Koro has to wait his turn in NSW Cup as depth, or for Pat Richards to retire in a year or two. in the meantime he wants to play FG, Storm make him an offer and letting him go frees some salary cap space for the Tigers. Just business.

super_coach

First Grade
Their has to be something else, you dont release a contracted player mid season who is in good form to a rival club. My guess something has happened behind the scenes. Also why would we release the state cups no1 winger only to replace him with another winger who by all reports not in Koro's class.

Their has been whispers of poor attitude but still I would have thought the club would have kept him till the end of the season

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just announced that the Tigers have bought speedster John Sila from the Dogs.

Seems odd. Should've just kept Koro

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's very odd. Has me even more convinced that there is more to the Koro story than we are hearing about.

I think its a matter of $. Sila would be on minimum contract whereas Koro would have been offered a fairly good FG deal with Melbourne. If Tedesco hadn't backflipped I reckon we would have resigned Koro...can't keep em all.
Wingers are much more replaceable than fullbacks imo

Wasn't it Koro who took his time coming back from Fiji during the off season? Maybe he has a poor attitude. Maybe it's a salary cap issue. Maybe it's both or neither.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its a matter of $. Sila would be on minimum contract whereas Koro would have been offered a fairly good FG deal with Melbourne. If Tedesco hadn't backflipped I reckon we would have resigned Koro...can't keep em all.
Wingers are much more replaceable than fullbacks imo

I think this is the most likely explanation.

Sila would be on less than Koro.

If you can swap like for like players, but end up spending less coin, then it's not too bad at all.

N.C.

Juniors
Their has to be something else, you dont release a contracted player mid season who is in good form to a rival club. My guess something has happened behind the scenes. Also why would we release the state cups no1 winger only to replace him with another winger who by all reports not in Koro's class.

Their has been whispers of poor attitude but still I would have thought the club would have kept him till the end of the season

Er... they probably would have if he didn't get a better offer.

Can't see anything untoward here. Just a kid looking for a start, hoping to make the most of his next opportunity.

Sad to see him go, but if it suits him so be it.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think we are under cap pressure due to previous administrations poor handling of the cap.

Koro was frustrated and actually wanted a significant pay rise.

He may turn out to be well worth that pay rise, he may not.

The WT made their call and it will be interesting to see what happens

Latest posts