What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

PJ Marshal

Coach
im happy to sit on the fence with my feelings

one hand youve got an absolutley brilliant footballer who id love to have back in the blue and gold

other hand you have the guy who walks out on your team, who i wouldnt want a bar of

wether killer comes back or not is not my or our decision as fans, but it would be good to see him say sorry for walking out, itd certaintly put him on the road to redeeming himself in many fans eyes at least

Morenito

Juniors
So does anyone know if announced a one year extention at Haltime of this weeks game?

If it was played yet?

damo72

Juniors
Nothing was announced except that they are still in negotiations, the announcement made concerned Keiron Cunningham playing his 350th (IIRC)

strider

Post Whore
Morenito said:
So does anyone know if announced a one year extention at Haltime of this weeks game?

If it was played yet?

i don't think so ... i think the whole announcement thing was some over keen st helens supporters - altho that doesn't mean it won't still happen

fish eel said:
Personally, if the guys he walked out on, ie guys like Nathan Hindmarsh, are willing to have him back, then I think its case closed really.

You know who he walked out on? The fans. Nathan can forgive him all he likes - that is his prerogative. He also walked out on me (a guy who has given almost 30 years to this Club) and I don't want him back.

Saying anything different is to say that the fans don't matter to this Club. But that's ok, we already know who is willing to sell out in order to get some success..................

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
You know who he walked out on? The fans. Nathan can forgive him all he likes - that is his prerogative. He also walked out on me (a guy who has given almost 30 years to this Club) and I don't want him back.

Saying anything different is to say that the fans don't matter to this Club. But that's ok, we already know who is willing to sell out in order to get some success..................

FFS, get off your high horse. :roll:

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's amazing just how much he gets to us, myself included!

Nobody should have that power over anyone else, damn it!

Stagger eel

Staff member
one thing we've learnt about this saga is that what decision he and the club make, we'll be well entruly divided.some of us will be slahing wrists while others will be throwing parties.

strider

Post Whore
my wife told me i am not allowed to support parra any more if they let him back :lol: :lol:

eelsta

Bench
Eelementary said:
It's amazing just how much he gets to us, myself included!

Nobody should have that power over anyone else, damn it!

I have to say that he's not really getting to me, however after being dead set against him i have changed my mind, why because i believe he could go to any club he wants so IF he chooses to come back to us that shows a a bit of guts IMO

I mean why go back to parra where he must know what awaits him with some fans officials etc

Maybe just maybe he is truly sorry for what he did and wants to make amends

And if he does go to manly........ he can just go to hell

fish eel

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:

Rubbish.

Sure, he walked out on fans. Fans who have given a lot to the club. But he also walked out on his mates. Mates like Nathan hindmarsh who gives blood every week for this club. A bloke who trained everyday with Jamie Lyon and played with him. A bloke whose everyday life was thrown into turmoil when Lyon left. It affected his livelihood. Not mine. So, if Nathan Hindmarsh can get over it, I think I should have well and truly built that bridge as well.

If others want to let the bitterness eat them up inside, fine, thats their and your perogative.

Me, I'd rather acknowledge that the kid was just that, a naive kid who was probably swayed wrongly by some people he looked up to.

Do I think he'll come back to Parramatta? No. I still havent seen a quote from Lyon to convince me otherwise.

Would I have him back? If he wanted to, in a heartbeat. Forgive and forget, and give the kid a chance toi redeem himself if he wants.

If he doesnt come back? So be it. The club will survive. Other kids will step up.

And selling out? Please. What does that mean. where does one draw the line on exactly what is selling out?

Redback71

First Grade
one thing we've learnt about this saga is that what decision he and the club make, we'll be well entruly divided.some of us will be slahing wrists while others will be throwing parties.

and when we win the grandfinal we will all stand united, and praise Jamie Lyon!:)

stuke

Bench
Hollywood Jesus said:

everyone has a choice. if you are unhappy with the way the club you support handles their business then i guess it is up to you whether you continue to support them.

i will be continuing my support either way.

lucablight

First Grade
stuke said:
everyone has a choice. if you are unhappy with the way the club you support handles their business then i guess it is up to you whether you continue to support them.

i will be continuing my support either way.

Excellent point.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Just some further fuel to the side of the arguement against the return of Jamie Lyon.

On the weekend, St Helens regular 5/8, Leon Pryce came off the bench. But despite this Lyon still did not play 5/8! He played centre as Scott Moore a kid who just turned 18 this year was preferred at 5/8.

But apparently he is the worlds best 5/8 at $300,000! Just never plays there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
Just some further fuel to the side of the arguement against the return of Jamie Lyon.

On the weekend, St Helens regular 5/8, Leon Pryce came off the bench. But despite this Lyon still did not play 5/8! He played centre as Scott Moore a kid who just turned 18 this year was preferred at 5/8.

But apparently he is the worlds best 5/8 at $300,000! Just never plays there.

Maybe it's because St Helens management reckon that Jamie won't be staying with them, and so they figure they may as well invest time in their future...

Latest posts