What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal

Who will win? Round 18: Canberra v Newcastle

• Canberra Raiders 13+

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 18
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal (TICKETS)

Sunday 7 July 2024
NRL kickoff 4:05pm

Broadcast live on Nine, 9Now, Fox, Kayo.

CANBERRA2024.png

1. Kaeo Weekes 2. Jordan Rapana 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Albert Hopoate 5. Xavier Savage 6. Ethan Strange 7. Adam Cook 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Tom Starling 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Morgan Smithies 14. Danny Levi 15. Ata Mariota 16. Trey Mooney 17. Simi Sasagi 18. Sebastian Kris 19. Zac Woolford 20. Emre Guler 21. James Schiller 22. Hohepa Puru

Out: Jordan Martin (bench)
In: Simi Sasagi (bench), Sebastian Kris (reserve), Zac Woolford (reserve), Emre Guler (reserve), James Schiller (reserve), Hohepa Puru (reserve)
Changes: Jordan Rapana (fullback to wing), Albert Hopoate (wing to centre), Adam Cook (centre to halfback), Kaeo Weekes (halfback to fullback)

NEWCASTLE2024.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Will Pryce 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott 14. Fletcher Sharpe 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Brodie Jones 17. Dylan Lucas 18. Mathew Croker 19. Jack Hetherington 20. Jack Cogger 21. Krystian Mapapalangi 22. Thomas Cant

Out: Phoenix Crossland (hooker)
In: Kalyn Ponga (fullback), Leo Thompson (front row), Dylan Lucas (bench), Jack Cogger (reserve), Krystian Mapapalangi (reserve), Thomas Cant (reserve)
Changes: Fletcher Sharpe (fullback to bench), Jacob Saifiti (front row to bench), Jayden Brailey (bench to hooker)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

HEAD TO HEAD - 1988 - 2024​

TOTALCBRNTLDRAWN
ALL MATCHES5830262
GIO282071

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2022Round 23CBR 28-22MJS16768
2023Round 4NTL 24-14MJS15106
2023Round 22NTL 28-6GIO15487
2023Elim FinalNTL 30-28MJS29548
2024Round 1CBR 28-12MJS22378

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
1994Round 18CBR 52-16Marathon22945
2002Round 4NTL 52-6EnergyAus17256

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 19Round 20Round 21Round 22
CBR(BYE)WARRIORS (H)SOUTHS (H)CANTERBURY (A)
NTLMANLY (A)BRISBANE (H)(BYE)PENRITH (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 15 Round 16 Round 17
CBRN QLDL 16-34W TIGERSL 24-48MELBL 6-16
NTLPENRITHL 18-26(BYE)PARRAW 34-26

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
CBR12th1527-8-0302391
NTL11th1527-8-0282329

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
If we win this, the door to the finals swings open again for mine. This'll be a tough match, and it's big in the context of the race for the bottom half of the 8.

We can probably afford to lose another 3 matches this year... maybe 4? Can't let this be one of them.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Next 3 are vs Raiders (A), Manly (A), and Broncs (H).
I feel like we need to win 2/3 before our next bye to have a good shot at finals.

Woody90

Juniors
I’m not going to say whether I think we can win this or not until I see if AOB picks Cogger in the side.

It really should be Riley Jones but I just can’t trust Cogger won’t have a reappearance.

Yosh

Coach
Next 3 are vs Raiders (A), Manly (A), and Broncs (H).
I feel like we need to win 2/3 before our next bye to have a good shot at finals.
All look beatable at the moment. DCE won't be there for the Manly game right? Broncos are in a slump and that's Ponga's return game right?? Let's win all 3!

Zoidberg

First Grade
All look beatable at the moment. DCE won't be there for the Manly game right? Broncos are in a slump and that's Ponga's return game right?? Let's win all 3!
I’d be happy with winning all 3.
In regards to KP coming back, I think it could be either Manly or Broncos or even the game after the bye. Not really heard much about how his recovery is going except he is working hard. As long as we don’t bring him back early and risk aggrevating it.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I’d be happy with winning all 3.
In regards to KP coming back, I think it could be either Manly or Broncos or even the game after the bye. Not really heard much about how his recovery is going except he is working hard. As long as we don’t bring him back early and risk aggregating it.
There have been whispers that he's a week ahead of schedule. If the season on the line, I wouldn't be surprised if we rush him back.

Zoidberg

First Grade
There have been whispers that he's a week ahead of schedule. If the season on the line, I wouldn't be surprised if we rush him back.
I’ve seen that somewhere too. Might depend on the result this weekend. Although Yosh is right, Manly will be missing some key players for that game due to Origin.

Yosh

Coach
Cogger at 14 offers nothing. We need someone to properly relieve Brailey. Jones looked pretty exciting in preseason.

perverse

Referee
Ponga back early with Sharpe going to #14 according to the bloke on the other forum
Massive news in the context of our win last week, and our season overall. Please stay fit KP.

It's been hard to watch at times, and as always one or two truly awful efforts as a team, but overall the squad should be proud and take a lot of confidence out of what they've managed to get done without KP. I'm sure a lot of us shut up shop mentally for the year when he went down, but the club didn't and as we sit here with 9 rounds left, the season isn't a waste. The door is very much open to have a crack at some finals games.

Apey

Staff member
Find that hard to believe and even then I'd be worried about him getting injured again. Obviously the club knows better than me but I'd be saving him another week. We can beat Raiders without him.

Latest posts