What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 5: Dolphins v Wests Tigers

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Download or read 'The Front Row' match programme HERE

DOL-2024-MAIN.png
WST-2024-SECOND.png

NRL 2024 - Round 5
Dolphins v Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal (TICKETS)

Saturday 6 April 2024
NRL kickoff 7:35pm. (6:35pm QLD)

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

DOLPHINS2024.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Thomas Flegler 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Euan Aitken 13. Ray Stone 14. Josh Kerr 15. Kurt Donoghoe 16. Mark Nicholls 17. Kenny Bromwich 18. Oryn Keeley 19. Sean O'Sullivan 20. Jarrod Wallace 21. Tesi Niu 22. Mason Teague

Out: Max Plath (lock)
In: Kenny Bromwich (bench), Oryn Keeley (bench), Sean O'Sullivan (bench), Jarrod Wallace (reserve), Tesi Niu (reserve), Mason Teague (reserve)
Changes: Ray Stone (bench to lock)

WESTSTIGERS2024.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Solomona Faataape 4. Justin Olam 5. Junior Tupou 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Seyfarth 16. Alex Twal 17. Samuela Fainu 18. Brent Naden 19. Asu Kepaoa 20. Justin Matamua 21. Solomon Alaimalo 22. Jake Simpkin

Out: Lachlan Galvin (five-eighth)
In: Latu Fainu (bench), Alex Twal (bench), Brent Naden (bench), Justin Matamua (reserve), Solomon Alaimalo (reserve), Jake Simpkin (reserve)
Changes: Jayden Sullivan (bench to five-eighth)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Matt Noyen
Video Referee: Peter Gough

---

H2H: 1 match, Wests Tigers 1 Dolphins 0
Only meeting: 2023 R25 at Commbank: Wests Tigers 24-23

Next up:
Brisbane v Dolphins (Suncorp)
Wests Tigers v St Geo Illa (Campbelltown)​

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Hoping it's Latu Fainu in for Galvin...while we're going ok by puting faith in young guys why not give another one a shot...if not then I'd even rather have Staines at 6 and Nayden on the wing....distant 3rd choice Sullivan and 80 mins of stress
* or perhaps leave well enough alone with the outside defensive structure and give Nayden a shot at 6 for a couple of games while he seems to have recovered some form.
In summary....I dunno

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter chat:
Update: hearing Latu Fainu will debut this weekend against the Dolphins.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva and Kit Laulilii all played school footy together at 13/14yo.

All four now set to have made their NRL debut for WT at 18yo, in the space of 14 games.
—————
Pathways in action.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
A bit worried about missing Galvin for the next couple of games. Which is a bit insane for a rookie. But his defense has been excellent. Only missed one tackle so far this year. Not to mention the brilliance in attack. Would rather not see Sullivan out there in that spot.

Naden looked quite good at fullback in NSW Cup. Amazingly kicked a 40/20 and put on at least one try through his kicking game.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
#NRL vs Dolphins

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Faataape
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

14. L. Fainu (debut), 15. Seyfarth, 16. Twal, 17. Sa. Fainu

Naden, Kepaoa, Matamua, Alaimalo, Simpkin

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Sullivan needs to make amends for his lack of effort and commitment from the Raiders game.If he is going to be a liability he needs to be f..k.. off as all the other players have been fully committed since that game.
Nothing will change.He is a major liability.Massive blunder recruiting the bum on a 4 yr deal.It underscores the huge influence vermin player managers have as he was part of the deal to get the Fainu brothers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Nothing will change.He is a major liability.Massive blunder recruiting the bum on a 4 yr deal.It underscores the huge influence vermin player managers have as he was part of the deal to get the Fainu brothers.
I think the trouble was we didn’t have a 7 at the time and Sezer was probably thought a risk?
I guess the kids weren’t considered ready then either.
But agree, I don’t see Bud lasting much past this season?
He gets a shot this week, will show what he’s doing.

WA Tiger

Bench
.If Sullivan has any idea of the difference between his good game and bad game he must know this is the game he has has bring it, or he’s back to the bench before half time and then back to reserve grade..I forgot about Fainu..I’m looking forward to see him play

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s worth noting, that the dolphins are the only club who have never defeated us in our entire 25 yr history. Hahaha

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
The big issue with Bud is he's not quick and has no outstanding physical attributes.
Take Galvin for example. The guy is quick enough to get on the outside of a defender and tall - big enough to fend-off and offload....just like he did against the Eels to set up Bula's try. Could Bud do that, absolutely not.
Bud will be resigned to play more directly, because he's not quick to run around defenders. He could play ⅝ but his options are limited. When he scored against us when playing for Saints he basically ran through a gaping hole so there is an example of direct running...blind Mary could have done it.
Bud also has a dominant hand meaning his service to his outside player is erratic depending on which side he's passing to.
His main role will be pass and support and a secondary kicking role . His defence must be solid otherwise Finau will slot straight in.
We'll see.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
The big issue with Bud is he's not quick and has no outstanding physical attributes.
Take Galvin for example. The guy is quick enough to get on the outside of a defender and tall - big enough to fend-off and offload....just like he did against the Eels to set up Bula's try. Could Bud do that, absolutely not.
Bud will be resigned to play more directly, because he's not quick to run around defenders. He could play ⅝ but his options are limited. When he scored against us when playing for Saints he basically ran through a gaping hole so there is an example of direct running...blind Mary could have done it.
Bud also has a dominant hand meaning his service to his outside player is erratic depending on which side he's passing to.
His best asset will be kicking but with Sezer doing most of that I can't see that as his saving grace. His defence must be solid otherwise Finau will slot straight in.
We'll see.
With young Fainu on the bench, I think he will get an opportunity at some stage this week to show what he’s got.

Nutz

Bench
With young Fainu on the bench, I think he will get an opportunity at some stage this week to show what he’s got.
Fainu came out of the same mould as Sullivan.
Slight difference is Latu Fainu is more agile so he may go good.
The trouble is, what role does Benji want from him? If he wants a similar role as Lachlan had then it won't work.
Maybe feed our centres and support them is the only option...kicking wise, both are poor from what I've seen so far.

Tigerm

First Grade

What a humble guy, sounds like a good bloke.
Interesting comments re Latu Fainu.
Hope he gets on and shows his talent.

There’s another video with Bateman, but f**k, he’s hard to understand hahaha

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT tweeted
David Klemmer on Latu Fainu: “We trust him, we’ve seen the work he has put in over the offseason, and he’s a tough kid as well”
————————
Hopefully another good one to give the coaching staff headaches, as to where they all fit hahaha

Tiger Ted

Bench
I can’t see Latu Fainu on the bench, I watched him in NSW cup, i don’t think he is ready for NRL this season. I don’t think the coach will have him in the 17
Apparently Aaron Payne only used him for part of the nsw game coz he has a soft tissue injury.Ive got no doubt fully fit this kid jumps Sullivan in pecking order

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Apparently Aaron Payne only used him for part of the nsw game coz he has a soft tissue injury.Ive got no doubt fully fit this kid jumps Sullivan in pecking order
Talent wise he probably has it over Galvin.. but in terms of heart and effort Galvin has it in spades and I’d take that any day

whoever ends up partnering Sezer on the weekend hopefully takes a back seat and doesn’t over play their hand. Tackle hard and focus on what we’ve been doing well