What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Our final Origin-affected round for the year. By chance all three teams that got pulvarised last week are back for more!

Tonight, Wests 'take on' Cronulla at the Parra stadium. Is this the last dance, of a long and distinguished first grade coacning career, for Sheens? The Sheens/Marshall-thing just aint working. As the saying goes, 'if it's broke then fix the bastard'.

Friday, the Dragons have surely dropped Hunt for their game against Canberra? The surly bastard doesn't want to be in Sydney and is depressing all and sundry. Send him home, please. I'd rather try and get a smile out of Sticky.

Saturday, the Eels, at home to the Warriors, have three big Origin guns out, can the visitors snatch a win? Or is our confidence low from last week's poor showing at home? Johnson's in doubt (baby due) but we mustn't be so reliant on him as we've been in the past.

The Rabbitohs have another team - Canterbury - all set to play them back into form, like the Warriors last week.

We finish with a Qld derby, the newest one, the improving Titans against the fading Dolphins. Both teams can't lose, unlike their state side this Wednesday night.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
Aside from Titans (weakened) v Dolphins, not much to get excited about this weekend - all should, in theory, be one-sided - including us v the Eels... but I imagine there will be surprises, and a bunch of teams (Dogs, Tigpies, us) who will want to bounce back after poor losses

Blair

Coach
Aside from Titans (weakened) v Dolphins, not much to get excited about this weekend - all should, in theory, be one-sided - including us v the Eels... but I imagine there will be surprises, and a bunch of teams (Dogs, Tigpies, us) who will want to bounce back after poor losses
We've got some white-hot competition on the ladder too. Ideally, we must start winning again. Any run of losses, even a couple, with other results going against us, and we're in serious trouble.

Blair

Coach
12-all, the Tigers come back from 12-nil. Is there a pulse after all?

Edit: so it's 18-12 to the Sharks but the Tigers have all the energy, they score near the posts, but the pedantic Bunker step in.

The Sharks score in pretty much the next set or two. Game over. In the end it's 36-12, Sharks. But Wests didn't deserve that scoreline.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No surprises in to nights game- I even had the margin picked until the sharkies spoiled that party with a try with seconds to go. Still, picking a 20 point win and it ending up 24 is still pretty good for the tipping comp margins.

Blair

Coach
Lodgy's been officially released by Supercoach Robinson at the Chooks.

Everyone who suppprts another NRL club should hold their breath! Where will he wash up?

GoSouths

Juniors
No surprises in to nights game- I even had the margin picked until the sharkies spoiled that party with a try with seconds to go. Still, picking a 20 point win and it ending up 24 is still pretty good for the tipping comp margins.
A few years ago that last try would have been a knockon. The defender had knocked it loose. Someone on here will defend it as a try but sorry, im not buying it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The RLPA have really misread the room with this complete media boycott they are running, all it does is make them lose face with the fans. I saw interviews with both Abdo and Newton, and I know which horse I’d be backing in the intelligence stakes

Blair

Coach
No Hunt, nice, but Paul Turner's had a torrid first half at fullback. The crowds are still there for the Dragons.

24-6, Raiders. 1st Half.

Scott

Bench
I reckon Lodge will end up at Manly. Moses runs that club now with Seibold being the puppet. I fear for Manly.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I thought we screwed up letting go of Turner. Not so concerned about it now, he doesn’t seem to have kicked on.

GoSouths

Juniors
Best f**k You ive seen all year.
Burtons lining up a sideline conversion and some muppet shines a green laser in his eyes.
Resets and lines it up again. Straight down the middle.

Then Milne connects Bulldogs head with the shoulder and the Bulldog is taken off on a stretcher. Only on report. Marata must be going wtf?
edit. he did get the bin a few minutes later. First time ive seen them add on extras.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I reckon Lodge will end up at Manly. Moses runs that club now with Seibold being the puppet. I fear for Manly.
The CEO came out weeks ago and said he wasn’t interested in him, if he does turn up I won’t be watching until he is gone

he did meet with the Dogs a few weeks back

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Worst round of NRL I can remember, stuff origin

haven’t lasted more than 15-20mins of any of the first 3 games and the lineups for this game don’t inspire anything

Blair

Coach
Best f**k You ive seen all year.
Burtons lining up a sideline conversion and some muppet shines a green laser in his eyes.
Resets and lines it up again. Straight down the middle.

Then Milne connects Bulldogs head with the shoulder and the Bulldog is taken off on a stretcher. Only on report. Marata must be going wtf? #reffed differently
It was a laser, confirmed, and ejected from the ground.

18-12, Dogs. I'd love an upset.