What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
1983 was a long time ago now but that was the last time Manly played Parramatta in that famous grand final rivalry, which, as we know, the Eels came out trumps. Tonight sees it all again, albeit a new generation, new stars, but a long way from a grand final! I wish I was at Brookvale.

Friday, the Knights will be without Ponga, who is a real worry now in regard to his repeated concussions. Will the Dolphins' bubble burst on a hot, Newcastle night?

The Roosters v Rabbitohs is the main game tomorrow. I know Roosters fans are very unhappy with their team and thought them lucky to beat the Warriors last week. Souths are going well, they should win this derby on form.

Saturday, Titans v Storm. Interestingly, the latter are a bit off their game too although surely Bellamy has them bouncing back strongly against one of the league's lesser teams?

The Cowboys are at home, conveniently, against the Warriors. Despite being down a couple of key players (due to suspension) they should still be good enough to beat a team that doesn't traditionally play well in the heat.

Brisbane looks the goods so far this year, but will they begin their slide in results against a Dragons side that won well last week? That's also 30 years since these two met in a grand final rivalry. I remember all those players, starting with Alfie Langer and his infamous post-match taunt 'they can't play!' like it was yesterday.

Sunday, gee, the Bulldogs are back! Or should I say they were last week. The Tigers on the other hand are in dire straits. No side needs a win as much as they do this week. We close out with the Raiders v Sharks. Two good sides, yet to really get going this year. Something's got to give. What we do know is that, no matter what happens, there'll be a couple of intense-looking coaches - Sticky and Fitzgibbon - on show!

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bit flat after that Breakers game last night

hopefully a good game or 2 this weekend, Roosters v rabbits sticks out

JJ

Immortal
Roosters have a much stronger side this week, that game and the Sharks-Raiders should be very good

Eels Manly too, but Eels missing a bit up front

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Eels look absolutely woeful, hopefully they play like this for 80mins

Schuster looking extremely impressive and I’ve never seen Sivo repeatedly hit as hard as he has been tonight

Game has a lot of errors in it.
Initially some great handling by Manly for their first try.
No one wanted to tackle Gutho there.
How important is Turbo to Manly!

Interception!
Olakau'atu picked Guthos pocket.
8 point buffer with 3mins to go.
Cramp looking to be a winner on the night as well.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Don’t know what I’ve just watched, but I’ll take it !!

we have some exciting young talent which can be a 2 edged sword, but I loved the intent to absolute bash guys in defence. The 30 points conceded were the softest 30 in the history of rugby league though

Blair

Coach
Don’t know what I’ve just watched, but I’ll take it !!

we have some exciting young talent which can be a 2 edged sword, but I loved the intent to absolute bash guys in defence. The 30 points conceded were the softest 30 in the history of rugby league though
Geez, it aint over! 34-30, two mins left, Parra on attack.

Edit: 34-30, Manly. Final. What a fun ride for neutrals. A wild one for fans.

Latest posts