What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

Vic Mackey

Referee
Better than mine? Yet you didn't even know that civil proceedings do not deal in guilt. You really are clutching at straws here. If Souffs weren't considering sacking Au'va, they wouldn't have taken legal advice on it. If you think there could be any real challenge after a player pleaded guilty then you really are talking out your arse. You're defending a scum club for scum actions without any knowledge to base your comments on. You're out of your depth.

To be fair he is a souffs fan

He would know the legal system inside out to be on as many welfare payments as possible

betcats

Referee
Just heard Neil Breen say on the radio Nrl will soon say souffs paid off bouncer and didnt tell nrl. Under arizona law this is legal for assualt cases.

Richo has gotta go for hiding out.

Looks like neil was correct.

Apparently the Souths paid a bribe to the police to keep it hush hush

Souths are f**ked lol

They paid the victim which is legal in AZ. They should still be f**ked as they didnt tell the nrl about the compensation. Also without the compensation both players would of been charged and punished a lot more harshly, to not tell the nrl that is f**king sketchy.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
I think with all this new evidence coming to light that Souths should change their plea to guilty...

souths_pride

Juniors
Better than mine? Yet you didn't even know that civil proceedings do not deal in guilt. You really are clutching at straws here. If Souffs weren't considering sacking Au'va, they wouldn't have taken legal advice on it. If you think there could be any real challenge after a player pleaded guilty then you really are talking out your arse. You're defending a scum club for scum actions without any knowledge to base your comments on. You're out of your depth.

They would have consulted some form of legal representation to clarify what actions would have been in the best interest of the club - if you had any legal knowledge you surely would accept that. I did know that civil proceeding do not deal in guilt!! Your missing my my point AGAIN!!! The point I'm making is that Souths did not want risk ANY chance of EVEN going to court, regardless of their chances of winning or losing!! Like I've said for the 100th time, they were just trying to protect the interests of the club by waiting until all legal proceedings had finished!

Let me ask you this then, if theres wasn't ANY chance/possibility of Auva'a EVER taking ANY legal proceeding against the club, then why did they wait? Also, don't give me this crap that he was a star. He had barely played first grade at that stage!

betcats

Referee
They would have consulted some form of legal representation to clarify what actions would have been in the best interest of the club - if you had any legal knowledge you surely would accept that. I did know that civil proceeding do not deal in guilt!! Your missing my my point AGAIN!!! The point I'm making is that Souths did not want risk ANY chance of EVEN going to court, regardless of their chances of winning or losing!! Like I've said for the 100th time, they were just trying to protect the interests of the club by waiting until all legal proceedings had finished!

Let me ask you this then, if theres wasn't ANY chance/possibility of Auva'a EVER taking ANY legal proceeding against the club, then why did they wait? Also, don't give me this crap that he was a star. He had barely played first grade at that stage!

Maybe they were still hopeful of bribing this victim like they did the bouncer.

AJB1102

First Grade
Not saying he didn't! No one is disputing what he did. What I'm saying then is, if it wasn't for legal reasons, then why did Souths wait until court proceedings had finished?

But Souths didn't do anything after court proceedings had finished. They gave him a slap on the wrist after he first plead guilty.

Go have a lay down mate.

souths_pride

Juniors
Dont know tbh good question though, wouldnt suprise me if the NRL still went soft on this.

If Souths did indeed offer 'satisfaction' to the victim, then the issue the NRL have should be with the South Sydney club and not the players. The club itself and the officials would have been responsible for that, not the players. The issue here is what Souths told/withheld from the NRL and not what the players did.

Its probably better than yours. Your missing my point. What I am saying is that South did not want to risk having any legal proceedings in any, shape or form being taken against them. Regardless of the chances of being sued, Souths felt it best to wait until all legal proceeding had concluded before acting. Lets be realistic, do you not think Souths would have consulted proper legal advice before they acted the way they did?

FFS Russell, your posts are more useless than your acting

souths_pride

Juniors
But Souths didn't do anything after court proceedings had finished. They gave him a slap on the wrist after he first plead guilty.

Go have a lay down mate.

That's because the NRL stepped in and handed down the penalty straight after the court proceedings had finished - before South Sydney had a chance to act.

MaxPower

Juniors
If Souths did indeed offer 'satisfaction' to the victim, then the issue the NRL have should be with the South Sydney club and not the players. The club itself and the officials would have been responsible for that, not the players. The issue here is what Souths told/withheld from the NRL and not what the players did.

I think souths_pride has been hacked.