What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

MattYg1

Bench
So I am wondering... if this is true where does this leave K.Stanley?

Im guessing he will not be ready for return round 1?

Rangi Chase wouldnt be signing a contract with us to play off of the bench and or for the Cutters, when he could resign in the Super League and be a candidate for the Man of Steel!!

or is this a 2014 signing and it spells and end for Jamie?

Elias1983

Coach

Rangi Chase wouldnt be signing a contract with us to play off of the bench and or for the Cutters, when he could resign in the Super League and be a candidate for the Man of Steel!!

Or this all untrue and he's not coming back??....

bottle

Coach

Too much depth is never a bad thing. How long till Kyle returns, is fit, and is back to his best? No one knows. Will he need some time in the Cutters to get his confidence back? No one knows.

Meantime running an experiment with Rangi can't hurt. It only means an injury to either Sowie or Rangi in that case and Kyle is back in the picture if he is ok. Or if Kyle's form demands his inclusion, Sowie or Rangi might have to make way depending on their form/team fit.

Form, injuries, rep duties, all contributing factors. Longer term planning might also play its part. Continued rumours about Sowie's future might be a factor. Too many unknowns at our level to understand what drives these decisions.

Mr Red

First Grade
rangi can also play hooker - they may be looking at him as that "triangle" player to replace Fein...

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I think Kyle should play in the halves for the cutters all of next year.
If soward leaves after the 2013 season, then Kyle will be trained up and stronger for 2014.
As someone else suggested, he could still get a few games for the top side to cover for injury (ironic as that sounds !).

hazzbeen

Bench
Anyone else super excited about the news in RLW about the Chaseter??
I remember him at saints in about 2007-8 under Brownie I thought he had a HUGE lot of potential and was sad to see him leave.... what are your thoughts?? I rate him way above Mortimer I think we would RULE with a halves combo either of Chase/Stanley!!! Or even Chase/Soward!!
Our weak link was the halves next year we could be anything GO DRAGONS well be BAAAAAAAAACKKK!!!!!!!!:crazy:
HI all first timer as for Rangi Chase he will be a sensation in the NRL.Saints should have never let him go.Smart player with mungrel who runs at the line.Just what saints need.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm really getting sick of all this conjecture about Rangi Chase. Is he f*cking coming to the club or not??

MattYg1

Bench
hahaha we will probably hear very soon that we have had no contact with him and that Rangi had no idea about any of the rumours

MattYg1

Bench
I have to say that at the very least he will add a little bit of unpredictability and crazyness to our pretty stale attack...

If it were him and Soward in the halves I would be happy for Soward to organise and for Rangi to terrorise...

Ace-STi

Juniors
hahaha we will probably hear very soon that we have had no contact with him and that Rangi had no idea about any of the rumours

Apparently we have Rangi, Benji and Jennings all ready to jump on board!! :crazy:

drunkidiot

Juniors
yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/castleford-tigers/unwanted-castleford-tigers-star-chase-set-for-down-under-1-5008351

Sorry cant post links yet

This article seems to suggest it is a definite possibility.

He said: “There’s an Australian club interested, which is St George.

“If the deal’s right, I’m going; if it’s not, I’ll stay. Cas have given me the impression that if an Australian club comes for me I can go, so if the deal is right I will go for me and my family.

“The salary cap is going up over there and it is a really good competition. But I would like to stay at Cas. The club is close to my heart and I have fallen in love with the place.

Stagger Lee

Bench
?The salary cap is going up over there and it is a really good competition. But I would like to stay at Cas. The club is close to my heart and I have fallen in love with the place.

He has a sense of humor or needs to be drug tested, falling in love with castleford is like falling in love with a derelict industrial estate in Alexandria.

nontime111

Juniors
Yep....thats how tough he is!!:crazy:
Bring on the attack this year Pricey.... for our long suffering sake!

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I reckon you should pick up both Rangi Chase and Bronson Harrison.
Both are mates - but more importantly they both offer plenty in attack.
Which should assist the dragons in becoming a better team.

With so late in the year and raiders trying to offload harrison - the dragons could pickup a real bargain.