What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

Iamback

Coach
Being a starter is about money.

My frustration with the salary cap is that it is pigeon-holing the recruitment departments into putting limits on earnings (similar to what has happened in the NFL). I have said that I think Spencer will be the most impactful prop in in the game and I stand by it, but I also agree with @Munky above that the best way to deliver that impact is in the 40mins either side of half time.

In the modern game that doesn’t get you the big bucks, but if it is helping you win games (which I am sure it does, @Iamback there is hypothesis that we could help either proving or disproving using stats) then surely it is worth just as much as a starting prop that is just providing you commoditised output.

All the clubs have a stats program that could tell them all of that.

Clubs watch us to steal ideas, They would know that to beat us you get in front early.

Before Friday night we had won 62 games straight when leading at halftime, They have seen something that points to him starting. That goes against what we have seen.

Last week perfect example. He comes on at 4-0 and goes off at 22-0. That has been the case for 3 years. It isn't all him but he'd have some numbers over that time

Kilkenny

Coach
There were some really huge calls in this game which ultimately went against us.

It doesn’t excuse the single biggest mistake of the game, Peachy coughing up possession which decided the game, so we have to suck it up.

We got one huge break in JFH playing the ball sideways which ultimately led to a try and that could have or should have been pulled up.

Having said that some of the calls which went the other way were just baffling.

Not for the first time this season we have snatched defeat in a game we probably should have won.

Iamback

Coach
There were some really huge calls in this game which ultimately went against us.

It doesn’t excuse the single biggest mistake of the game, Peachy coughing up possession which decided the game, so we have to suck it up.

We got one huge break in JFH playing the ball sideways which ultimately led to a try and that could have or should have been pulled up.

Having said that some of the calls which went the other way were just baffling.

Not for the first time this season we have snatched defeat in a game we probably should have won.

The Fish one makes up for the Drinkwater won before his try

Kilkenny

Coach
We lost, have to suck it up, it’s that kind of season. It’s now a tough competition with no more easy games, games you may bank on two points not necessarily the case. I’m comfortable with that, we need to hang in there and come out the other end after origin in a position to give ourselves a chance of finishing in the top four.

Latest posts