What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

globalpanther

Juniors
Assuming no Yeo Martin To’o - Possibly no Luai Crichton as well.

1. D EDWARDS

2. S TURUVA

3. I TAGO

4. S CRICHTON/J MCLEAN

5. T JENKINS

6. J LUAI/J SALMON

7. J COGGER

8. M LEOTA (hopefully he’s ok,need him)

9. M KENNY

10. J FISHER-HARRIS

11. S SORENSEN

12. Z HOSKING

13. M EISENHUTH

14. S LUKE

15. L SMITH

16. S LENIU

17. T PEACHEY

18. L GARNER

We will prob have more idea today once Flegg & Cup run out as the blokes playing Fri Nite most likely won’t play.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Rep football is a contributing factor to the team being so good. It teaches them to play big games, to play at a higher intensity and they learn off the best in the game.

They are battle hardened enough in big games after the last 3 years.
Most have not much more to learn.

This comp is close. The premiers this season will be the less injury affected and less fatigued.

Fangs

Coach
Gotta see the 17 but already this looks a tough ask.

NQ is always a hard road trip. The Cows will be fresh off the bye. They will lose potentially Taulagi and certainly Cotter to Origin. But there is a good chance Taumalolo will return.

Fangs

Coach
Rep football is a contributing factor to the team being so good. It teaches them to play big games, to play at a higher intensity and they learn off the best in the game.

As Bred said not this year. He can do it while at the Roosters. His international and finals xp will have to do for now as we need every man on deck at the moment.

With that said I'm 99% certain he is getting picked.

WestyLife

First Grade
They are battle hardened enough in big games after the last 3 years.
Most have not much more to learn.

This comp is close. The premiers this season will be the less injury affected and less fatigued.

It's a contributing reason why they are now hardened and you can't just turn it off because you want them to be not selected this year. We have the best team in the comp and have to accept the cost of that.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Assuming no Yeo Martin To’o - Possibly no Luai Crichton as well.

1. D EDWARDS

2. S TURUVA

3. I TAGO

4. S CRICHTON/J MCLEAN

5. T JENKINS

6. J LUAI/J SALMON

7. J COGGER

8. M LEOTA (hopefully he’s ok,need him)

9. M KENNY

10. J FISHER-HARRIS

11. S SORENSEN

12. Z HOSKING

13. M EISENHUTH

14. S LUKE

15. L SMITH

16. S LENIU

17. T PEACHEY

18. L GARNER

We will prob have more idea today once Flegg & Cup run out as the blokes playing Fri Nite most likely won’t play.
Fittler won't drop Luai. If he was going to it would have been for the first match, there was enough media noise.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
It's a contributing reason why they are now hardened and you can't just turn it off because you want them to be not selected this year. We have the best team in the comp and have to accept the cost of that.

No one is turning anything off they are professionals.
This year is different to the last two years. We have come back to the pack. If we are slightly off or missing a key player we struggle.

The players who came back from the WC; came back overdone. That shouldn't be ignored.
Munster was cooked after last year's series. It happens.
If we had a bye late in the year like Souths it would be a god sent. We don't and given the closeness of the comp I don't think we will be in a position to rest players like last year. That worries me.

This year is different to the last two years. We have come back to the pack. If we are slightly off or missing a key player we struggle.

The players who came back from the WC; came back overdone. That shouldn't be ignored.
If we had a bye late in the year like Souths it would be a god sent. We don't and given the closeness of the comp I don't think we will be in a position to rest players like last year. That worries me.

Valid points.
As in life you have to adapt.
We probably won't be in a position to rest a whole heap of players but a rotational rest would probably be the best bet.
Martin has missed a third of the season so far. He could be managed with a week off or reduced minutes.
Given Spencer plays off the bench If he did get picked, his minutes could be managed over the backend of the season. Without to much trouble
Cleary is injured and provided he isn't rushed back he should be rested.
Luai I would monitor. Cogger could cover him for a week.

To'o like Yeo are workhorses. They are the only two I would definitely rest out of the Origin players.. Particularly Yeo. I wouldn't have him backup after game 3.
Maybe even miss the following game. Or a game a month out from the finals. Keep the great man fresh.
Just have to hope no injuries occur.

WestyLife

First Grade

The thing you can't turn off is having the best players. Either we have a team worthy of going B2B and possibly a threepeat so they get picked for origin or you don't. You can't pick and choose because it'd be beneficial to have them focus on club duties.

The thing you can't turn off is having the best players. Either we have a team worthy of going B2B and possibly a threepeat so they get picked for origin or you don't. You can't pick and choose because it'd be beneficial to have them focus on club duties.

Yeah, if the guys aren’t being selected then we probably aren’t playing well enough to be in contention. All the great clubs had plenty of origin reps, early 90’s Canberra, 90’s Brisbane, 00’s Storm etc. It’s nothing to worry about.

Yeah, if the guys aren’t being selected then we probably aren’t playing well enough to be in contention. All the great clubs had plenty of origin reps, early 90’s Canberra, 90’s Brisbane, 00’s Storm etc. It’s nothing to worry about.
And these players can, and are, injured during club games.

age.s

First Grade
Nah. We were awesome well before the call ups. Big game experience is nice, but Leniu has played 3 grand finals and half a dozen odd finals games at this point. Managing injury & fatigue and even competition points are way more important this year. No need to risk further exposure to the bong bro's "systems" either.

betcats

Referee
Of course rep players is a part of being good but at this stage I don’t think we need it, sure Spencer would likely see some benefits from playing origin but selfishly a part of me would be happy for all our boys to miss out through selector stupidity. Origins such a drain on a team with 4,5 or 6 players and it would give our boys a chip on their shoulders to play with. And plenty of great players never got harderned in origin. Look at fish and leota. Test footy would have benefits but it’s rarely near the intensity of origin.

The yak

Juniors
Of course rep players is a part of being good but at this stage I don’t think we need it, sure Spencer would likely see some benefits from playing origin but selfishly a part of me would be happy for all our boys to miss out through selector stupidity. Origins such a drain on a team with 4,5 or 6 players and it would give our boys a chip on their shoulders to play with. And plenty of great players never got harderned in origin. Look at fish and leota. Test footy would have benefits but it’s rarely near the intensity of origin.

We don't need it as much now.
Most have played under the highest intensity. It is not about turning it on and off. Experience stays with them.
I agree with Bred. The winner of this year's premiership will be the club that is the less fatigued and impacted by injury. The WC hangover this year is telling.

murraymob

Coach
It’s great to debate these things shows how far as a club we have come
6 years ago we would have wet our pants to be able to say we have 5 origin players have played in 3 grand finals in a row.Yes the preference for me is penrith first NSW second
Cleary and the club staff now are experienced at dealing with the origin period and the unjury player load .we are in good hands
Up the mighty panthers