What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

Hooked

Juniors
Luai is going to need a freshen up. Later in the year can pair him with Cleary for a couple of weeks

Do you honestly think that is going to happen? Cogger like SOS last year is back up half. For Cleary or Luai.
Cole's best chance this year is bench or centre.
Cole played a bit right centre earlier in the year before he got injured. Maybe he should be replacing Crichton over the rep period, or if Crichton needs a one game rest later.
We really should be seeing more of Jenkins and Cole getting a go with Crichton leaving.

Iamback

Coach
Do you honestly think that is going to happen? Cogger like SOS last year is back up half. For Cleary or Luai.
Cole played a bit right centre earlier in the year before he got injured. Maybe he should be replacing Crichton over the rep period, or if Crichton needs a one game rest later.
We really should be seeing more of Jenkins and Cole getting a go with Crichton leaving.

Crichton if he plays Origin 3 too will miss some games, Problem is Peachey looks to be the back up centre

snickers007

Juniors

I was convinced earlier in the week that the plan for tonight was:
4. Cole 14. Peachey 18. Luke

But then Soni went and re-signed, and I can't see us dropping him after that.

Maybe a straight swap for Cole & Peachey? Leaves us vulnerable if Cole is shitting the bed, or if Salmon goes down.

Maybe a straight swap for Cole & Peachey? Leaves us vulnerable if Cole is shitting the bed, or if Salmon goes down.
I thought Cole might come onto the bench for Garner before the (wonderful) news about Moses.

Iamback

Coach

if Sorensen wasn't carving up on the left. You could of put Salmon there and Cole 6.

that leaves Sorro for middle minutes which allows for some spark

Fangs

Coach

Our best win in NQ. Also our first Golden Point game.

This was back when Saturday football could do a 9.30pm AEST game.

Bred not Bought

Juniors

I thought the same. That is why I asked if Peachey had played much right. I thought a little change before kick-off. Now as you say with Luke re-signing I doubt it happens.

Fangs

Coach
44 games head to head with 24 wins/20 losses.

In Townsville we have won 11 from 21. However only 2 wins from our last 9 trips up there.

And don't tell Ivan...he has a 2 from 10 record in Townsville across his entire coaching career. Must be the humidity.

snickers007

Juniors

Our best win in NQ. Also our first Golden Point game.

This was back when Saturday football could do a 9.30pm AEST game.

We had another Golden Point win up there in 2008 - in a match where Luke O'Donnell got sent off.

This was Alan Shortall's debut as an NRL ref. I sat next to him at a wedding many years later, and we got talking about this game. He mentioned that he was holed up in the ref's change room for over 90mins after the game, cause the crazy Cowboys fans were waiting for him.

Fangs

Coach
We had another Golden Point win up there in 2008 - in a match where Luke O'Donnell got sent off.

This was Alan Shortall's debut as an NRL ref. I sat next to him at a wedding many years later, and we got talking about this game. He mentioned that he was holed up in the ref's change room for over 90mins after the game, cause the crazy Cowboys fans were waiting for him.

Maurice Blair and Luke Lewis in the halves for that game...and Jarrod Sammut on the wing:

Funny you mention that because I also remember another game up there with Ben Cummins. It was his first game as a referee as well. Must have been the place they sent in refs to debut:

Panfa

Juniors
Cole should be starting 5/8 alongside cogger tonight,salmon is too slow and just a runner he doesnt give the ball to the outside backs.The team would function a lot better in attack with cole at 6.

Latest posts