What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14 2024: Eels v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium June 10th

oldmancraigy

Coach
Except the eels final offer for Reed was 650k 🤣
Generally a pay increase is from what you were paid to what you are now paid.

He didn't accept the Eels offer, but had he, it would have been a 62.5% pay increase.
The Dogs offer represented a 75% pay increase

*based on the numbers used earlier.

So he is being paid 50% more by the Dogs (or 75% more)

oldmancraigy

Coach
The team also looks very unfit and unmotivated. The whole place needs an overhaul. I don't think anyone should survive.

The fitness is a major head scratcher.... all the ball and still exhausted?

I think plenty should survive though. An overhaul of structures and a fresh voice and things will look different

Gronk

Staff member
What are you talking about? The first 10 minutes is ripping into the roster management.
Their criticism on here is strange. Someone said the other week here that they just make shit up. That flawed me, because it’s a very vanilla podcast. They don’t claim or share inside information or make outrageous predictions or statements or claim inside knowledge.

As you say, they get stuck in, yet get accused of being pathetic sycophants.

hindy111

Post Whore
Can we not blame the f**king players for once? They’re not your childhood heroes ffs. You’re a grown ass man.

Our players are good but many have had enough and don't have that hunger anymore. The forward pack mostly are ageing and even though if we made finals would be capable of a few big performances they don't have that desire week in week out these days.
Huge issue in the backline. No grunt and no speed. If a player has no raw power he must have lightning speed. Pensini has the grunt so gets a pass. Look at the rest including Gutherson. The king is safe but he offers zilch in attack. He isnt a threat to the defense.

Next year we have Lomax and Penisni who are legit. Blaize potentially will be ready also. We will then carry Gutherson for his final season which is fine. To get the balance right we need another strike player with both speed and power.
Few forwards need to move on but that will be hard.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Their criticism on here is strange. Someone said the other week here that they just make shit up. That flawed me, because it’s a very vanilla podcast. They don’t claim or share inside information or make outrageous predictions or statements or claim inside knowledge.

As you say, they get stuck in, yet get accused of being pathetic sycophants.
Completely agree. Two or three blokes who are Eels supporters who provide a free podcast. Strange that they’re online targets for other adults :D

Gronk

Staff member
67% completion rate. And a man in the bin. Gave away 9 penalties. Made 15 errors? Poor execution.
They where poor for most the game. Less errors and better execution and they win by 40.
You really don't understand footy do you.
You have literally demonstrated how they were good. Tenacity and attitude got them home. Nice try, fail.

hindy111

Post Whore
You have literally demonstrated how they were good. Tenacity and attitude got them home. Nice try, fail.

Tenacity and attitude doesn't mean you played good. Every NRL side should have that you twit. Your suggesting if you don't give up.you went well.
. Execution,errors,penalties and being clinical are indicators of playing well.

Stick to the politics and French bread talk. When the adults speak footy best you sit back

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't blame Asi who was asked to play out of position and marking the beat centre in the game

Lane,Dylan and Bryce dropped balls at very crucial times and Moses was horrid with his game management. Wow he was bad in the 2nd half.
You really.dont understand footy do you.
Agreed Hindy, it was a very silly post from
Someone who has no idea when the adults are talking.

Gronk

Staff member
Tenacity and attitude doesn't mean you played good. Every NRL side should have that you twit. Your suggesting if you don't give up.you went well.
. Execution,errors,penalties and being clinical are indicators of playing well.

Stick to the politics and French bread talk. When the adults speak footy best you sit back
Agreed Hindy, it was a very silly post from
Someone who has no idea when the adults are talking.
Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

Pazza

First Grade
The fitness is a major head scratcher.... all the ball and still exhausted?

I think plenty should survive though. An overhaul of structures and a fresh voice and things will look different

I don't think its fitness its just suitability. We got too many slugs, people on this forum have been saying it for year. We need to bring more balance to the squad.

Delboy

First Grade
On reflection everyone reacted to last night with let’s say justifiable anger at losing that game.

The issue is not new , and it goes back to a lack of action in recruitment to 2021, we knew that 6/7 players from the top 17/20 would be moving on at the end of 2022. How were they replaced, an injured 32 year old hooker and a couple of journeymen forwards hoping that the coach would turn them into NRL standard players. The past 2 seasons has seen similar recruitment, 2 players languishing in reserves at Manly and similar.

Sure, it would have been a bit of an uproar if RCG, junior, lane, Matto , Dylbro and Moses etc weren't extended but guess we can argue contracts etc. That’s why the big bucks is paid to the people to get correct.

Still difficult to comprehend that the club goes forward with a short roster, not enough backline players, and not seeing that tactically there was need to add speed.To be honest even the juniors seem to lack noticeable speedsters.

Until that side of the club is up to speed , then it’s difficult to see significant improvement. Anger doesn’t mean the reaction was incorrect or over the top, but underlined the issues that most saw .

the phantom menace

First Grade
I didn’t think I had to spell it out for you. Completing sets and getting to your kick is how you limit the opposition’s opportunities in your half.
Yeah, sure. But how does that relate to last night's game? What comments of value do you have?

Or have you just been drinking early again...

Latest posts