What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

Gronk

Staff member
Are you 15? Who talks like this?

You’re just being argumentative now for the sake of it. All over the nuance that I think that backs were the most significant factor of our loss and you don’t. Yet you accuse me of being juvenile.

Noise

Coach
You’re just being argumentative now for the sake of it. All over the nuance that I think that backs were the most significant factor of our loss and you don’t. Yet you accuse me of being juvenile.
Defence cost us the game.
Our 2-5 missed 13 tackles. Knights 2-5 missed 12.
Our 8-13 missed 26 tackles. Knights 8-13 missed 10. Parras forwards cost us

gaffer

Juniors
I won’t shit can Boods as he was ok, we all know he needs a full pre-season under his belt. He needs to build out, and work on the crispness of his service, in saying that I’d rather him for 30mins than Lussick, and Hands can’t play 80, so he may as well learn on the go and stay there.

Without Moses today we lose by 40, maybe 50. He is literally the only good thing going for this club right now. The other 16 players are either unfit or just plain dumb
i'm going with dumb

Avenger

Immortal
Any team that plays with urgency against us beats us. We have no idea how to stop momentum and the roll on yet we seem to not be able to do the same in attack.
We 💯 copped some absolute clanger calls from the ref, touchies and bunker last night. Inexcusable. It's what happens when your luck is down. Conversion attempts hit the post and go out not in.
However we drop our heads.
Our defence is horrid. We are just too slow and ill disciplined around the ruck.
Lazy players not focusing or watching what's going on...
An industrial street sweeper needs to be put through this team.
Too many overpaid, overrated players whose best days are behind them..
Please announce a new coach this week, bring some new faces into the team for the soufs game and hopefully start announcing some signings...
I don't think I will be alone in saying my membership won't be renewed next yr...I'm done..
My intention is to call the club on Monday and not renew. I’m done. I’m at the point where I can’t even look at them anymore. It starts with their ‘big talk’ before the game especially the antics from that f**king clown, Dylan Brown. He would be one of the first I’d show the door to. We will not win anything with that f**king peanut at the club. He’s a f**king idiot.

Shaun Lane, Sivo, Russell, Matterson, Paulo I’d look at moving on. Even Gutherson is spent which is sad because he has given great service however he deserves his last season with us all be it at a reduced level.

If the club don’t announce a coach this week they will prove just how incompetent they are and if Mark O’Neill is still the Head of Football I will not financially support this club anymore. He is as much to blame as Brad Arthur with his chase the dinosaur tactics.

Soto

Bench
My intention is to call the club on Monday and not renew. I’m done. I’m at the point where I can’t even look at them anymore. It starts with their ‘big talk’ before the game especially the antics from that f**king clown, Dylan Brown. He would be one of the first I’d show the door to. We will not win anything with that f**king peanut at the club. He’s a f**king idiot.

Shaun Lane, Sivo, Russell, Matterson, Paulo I’d look at moving on. Even Gutherson is spent which is sad because he has given great service however he deserves his last season with us all be it at a reduced level.

If the club don’t announce a coach this week they will prove just how incompetent they are and if Mark O’Neill is still the Head of Football I will not financially support this club anymore. He is as much to blame as Brad Arthur with his chase the dinosaur tactics.
💯 couldn't agree more

Apparently it is when your ‘plan’ involves 9 interchanges.
Middle 4 for Middle 1
Middle 5 for Middle 2
Middle 1 for Middle 3
Middle 2 for Middle 4
Edge 3 for Edge 1
Edge 1 for Edge 2
Utility 2 for Utility 1
Utility 1 for Utility 2

Timed to ensure the players capable for playing the higher minutes remain on the field in the positions that need to play longest, this seems to work. And that's before you even look at qualities of certain players that could cover/swap to more than one of these onfield roles to make sure only 8 changes are needed.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know this forum has gone into it’s usual meltdown after a loss, the whole team needs to be sacked etc, but FFS we lost by a few points on the back of two 90m tries by Best against the run of play and there were two absolute bunker clangers against us.

Anyway yesterday’s fish n chip paper. The ultimate difference last night was that their 2, 3, 4 & 5 were superior and outplayed us. That’s no news flash, cos everyone knows that we have no backs.

I don’t think that Sivo was that bad last night.

Blaize is out of position and still very young.

Russell is a good squad player. Not a starter in a good side.

Penisni had a shocker, but he is still only 21.

The issue is they where missing their best attacking player in Ponga and yet still put on 34 points. Prior to last night's game they are the worse attacking footy side in the competition. Those 34 points they put on us leapfrogging the deadly West Tigers (A game in hand)

34 points conceded with basicaly your best side is ordinary against a great attacking side. But against the worse without Ponga? Think about it.

Blaize is out of position and still very young.
Serious question, and Barrett even confirmed in the presser that Blaize is playing out of position....

What is Blaize's actual position? Because I can see one... If he's not a winger, then I don't see a centre, or a half or a fullback's qualities in him (yet).

He's been moved around positions in Cup... they need to work out what position Blaize is, and let him get good at that position in Cup for the remainder of the season - with the occasional taste of NRL to see what it's like to play against the top talen, and then go back down and build on his learnings.

Promote Harper and shift Russell back to wing for the rest of this season, it'd be no worse - and Blaize is then ready for whatever role he might play for us next season - if he signs a contract..

Gronk

Staff member
The issue is they where missing their best attacking player in Ponga and yet still put on 34 points. Prior to last night's game they are the worse attacking footy side in the competition. Those 34 points they put on us leapfrogging the deadly West Tigers (A game in hand)

34 points conceded with basicaly your best side is ordinary against a great attacking side. But against the worse without Ponga? Think about it.
“It could have been worse” is pretty pointless.

We were missing players too. None in the backs other than Bailey however.

Latest posts