What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

strider

Post Whore
In relation to Blaize. I think he’s a centre and nothing else.
I probably would have said similar about Lomax a few yrs ago ..... though admittedly never saw him play elsewhere (just seemed a set skillset) ... now i think he is an elite wing and probably decent (or more) fullback option.

I didnt watch yesterdays game properly. I was very concerned about Blaizes fullback ability a while back but he had a decent game there a while back. Wing? I think he is still young n light. Not a real speedster for wing.

JokerEel

Coach
Ok, would any of them be in the best 17 at say the top 8/10 clubs. That’s the answer to our problem, when Bradman Best runs away from the backline and even gains when holding the ball _ tells a real story. Given he’s not in the top 5/6 speedsters at Newie.

We dont need fast players just guys that will chase the collision....

eel01s

Bench
IMO Lomax either plays fullback or wing. His form this year shows that he is most effective at wing. That's where I would play him.

Only Gutho deserves to stay in our back five, and even then it is only for his defence.

Blaize, until he learns to tackle, can't play in firsts. Penisini needs to lift his game to be there next season. Russell, Simmo, Sivo are all replaceable.

JokerEel

Coach
IMO Lomax either plays fullback or wing. His form this year shows that he is most effective at wing. That's where I would play him.

Only Gutho deserves to stay in our back five, and even then it is only for his defence.

Blaize, until he learns to tackle, can't play in firsts. Penisini needs to lift his game to be there next season. Russell, Simmo, Sivo are all replaceable.

Agree with Lomax though I havent seen him play fullback so would rather him on the wing.

With Gutho I am sorry but he is past it now. His leadership is costing us as well..

lucablight

First Grade
I probably would have said similar about Lomax a few yrs ago ..... though admittedly never saw him play elsewhere (just seemed a set skillset) ... now i think he is an elite wing and probably decent (or more) fullback option.

I didnt watch yesterdays game properly. I was very concerned about Blaizes fullback ability a while back but he had a decent game there a while back. Wing? I think he is still young n light. Not a real speedster for wing.
I think we’re selling Talagi a bit short. He’s shown that he has X factor. How many of our backs can break the line like he can (like he did when he ran over Turbo or when he scored against Brisbane by cutting through their defence)? His main issue is that he’s still really young and he’s obviously been asked to play first grade before his time. He just lacks polish (hence the constant errors, missed tackles, drop balls). I think once he matures he’ll be a very good player.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I was shocked at how slow Matt Arthur is.....seriously, the guy looked like a 35 year old in the twilight of his career...

Blaize is nothing special either....

These two were meant to be the cream of the crop.

I have lost all confidence in our juniors. They have been hyped up again as usual, but they are nothing special.....

We are screwed.....I have finally come to terms that we are gonna be languishing at the bottom of the ladder for many years and i will probably never see another premiership in my lifetime......

And to top it off....we are gonna hire a hobo looking rookie coach to start a rebuild.....

God help us all....

JokerEel

Coach
I was shocked at how slow Matt Arthur is.....seriously, the guy looked like a 35 year old in the twilight of his career...

Blaize is nothing special either....

These two were meant to be the cream of the crop.

I have lost all confidence in our juniors. They have been hyped up again as usual, but they are nothing special.....

We are screwed.....I have finally come to terms that we are gonna be languishing at the bottom of the ladder for many years and i will probably never see another premiership in my lifetime......

And to top it off....we are gonna hire a hobo looking rookie coach to start a rebuild.....

God help us all....

I am a little concerned with the pile on MA.

He wasn't slow last night running out of dummy half or in defense.. Kind of makes me worried about some people's opinions...

MA was fine last night nothing more nothing less..

Btw I still stink Riley Smith could be better...

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors

He wasn't slow last night running out of dummy half or in defense.. Kind of makes me worried about some people's opinions...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not piling on the kid....but I have never seen him.playe, and his first run he took he looked like he was running in sand....after reading all the hype, and getting excited, that just uninspired me.....

He might be good, but I was hoping for a quick pj marsh crafty type of hooker.

As I said, we overhype our juniors. From what I've seen, they don't look like anything special

JokerEel

Coach
Don't get me wrong, I'm not piling on the kid....but I have never seen him.playe, and his first run he took he looked like he was running in sand....after reading all the hype, and getting excited, that just uninspired me.....

He might be good, but I was hoping for a quick pj marsh crafty type of hooker.

As I said, we overhype our juniors. From what I've seen, they don't look like anything special

He isnt a PJ Marsh hooker unfortunately.. More of a crafty hooker..

Check the CUP highlights our last try is very much what you are after..
1:23 minutes

Pazza

First Grade

People want a saviour. MA did fine for a 19 year old debutante.

Wat this team is some fresh blood, fresh ideas and the toughest pre season eva

eels_fan

First Grade
think we’re being a little hard on Blaize purely due to the overall form of the team. He’s come into a badly losing team, and that’s all he’s played in.

He needs practice under the high ball, lots of it, but he’s shown enough for mine that he has a place and I think wing is that for now. He’s happy to take tough runs, more so than Sivo, and is less a defensive liability than Sivo too.

as for the bunker calls - there is no doubt we were dudded in some big calls - but imo when you miss 57 tackles - you don’t deserve to win a game or get 50/50 calls

Pazza

First Grade
He isnt a PJ Marsh hooker unfortunately.. More of a crafty hooker..

Check the CUP highlights our last try is very much what you are after..
1:23 minutes

Cam Smith wasnt a dynamic hooker either. He just made the right decisions over and over again

Latest posts