What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd27 2024: 6pm Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Campbelltown Sep 6th

King-Gutho94

Coach
With that win Barrett finishes with a better winning record here then Kearney and Ricky Stuart.

I think it was probably deserved as well tbh.

Barrett didn't deserve to add to his shit record to finish the year and we never folded and conceded 50 under him.

We probably should have iced 3 more games after he took over the Dogs, Penrith and Knights.

Brisbane we were up 16-0 and the Roosters home match we were leading with 10 mins to go.

Those 5 games we put ourselves into situations to win and probably should have done so.

Soto

Bench
In the end I was super impressed with TBaz. You have to remember he inherited a team who for most part only ever had the previous bloke as a coach and who categorically came out and said a number of times they would die for him.
Emotionally that would've been tough for them.
The confidence was really low, the footy they were playing was horrid.
Then came injuries after injuries after injuries and having to also use players who started the season off in RMC.
Competitive in every game and at times up to 8 starters out.
Also knowing he was also overlooked for the role as 1st grade coach as well.
I hope he goes on to have a great career as a 1st grade coach.
I also hope Ryles becomes our longest serving 1st grade coach with a couple of premierships.
If Ryles doesn't work out in 5 years and Barrett has success elsewhere and is available then I'd happily have him back as our coach...well done TBaz and the boys for that back end of the season despite some gut wrenching moments and losses

King-Gutho94

Coach
In the end I was super impressed with TBaz. You have to remember he inherited a team who for most part only ever had the previous bloke as a coach and who categorically came out and said a number of times they would die for him.
Emotionally that would've been tough for them.
The confidence was really low, the footy they were playing was horrid.
Then came injuries after injuries after injuries and having to also use players who started the season off in RMC.
Competitive in every game and at times up to 8 starters out.
Also knowing he was also overlooked for the role as 1st grade coach as well.
I hope he goes on to have a great career as a 1st grade coach.
I also hope Ryles becomes our longest serving 1st grade coach with a couple of premierships.
If Ryles doesn't work out in 5 years and Barrett has success elsewhere and is available then I'd happily have him back as our coach...well done TBaz and the boys for that back end of the season despite some gut wrenching moments and losses
100% I wasn't a fan of Barrett.

He handled himself well as the caretaker.

He won't make it as a coach he just doesn't coach defence.

It truly is Bazball like the English cricket team without the whinging and moral victories.

That Penrith loss could have broken them even more. The season was already miserable and to lose that with a month to go. They could have really capitulated.

They still finished the year strong pushed Brisbane and if not for some dumb errors probably win.

And then continued to play with freedom and rack up the points.

I think we scored 38 tries in our last 6 games.

Tigers were diabolical but even so I have seen enough in the past 8 weeks to suggest Ryles has plenty of positives to work with just needs to get fit with a stronger defensive minded attitude without the ball. Make the opposition scrap for every point like the Dogs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We haven't hit 60 since 2007.

We never scored 40+ in B2B weeks in the Arthur era.

We did it with a spine of Lussick/Hands, Asi, Drown and a busted Gutho.

And some on here were stating Jake was a better backup then Asi last year.

Truly laughable.
True, but even @hineyrulz would have threatened the line against the Drags and Tigs.

It sounds like you are gloating about 15th?

Lets just take a win against a pack of gumbies and be glad the season is over. Hooper could find at least 100 reasons to shit on us in one of his rubbish, meaningless articles. The results of tonight's match are irrelevant.
the article was already written he just has to change the name of the team now

I have seen enough in the past 8 weeks to suggest Ryles has plenty of positives to work with just needs to get fit with a stronger defensive minded attitude without the ball. Make the opposition scrap for every point like the Dogs.
we also need a better game plan if you look at the panthers and storm in the opposition 20 they are always moving the defence around and working towards something, parra take four hitups then play hot potato