What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

Iamback

Coach
Again the ref wasn't that good but he was bad for both teams.

2nd half we missed 20 tackles to 3.
The captains challenge they won was a correct offside call
5 errors all were basic ones doing one out stuff.

We were very poor there is no excusing that

soc123_au

Staff member
Serviceable first half, the second was horrible. About the only positive from the second 40 was Talou having a crack and shifting momentum with some nice kicking.

Tago is giving me serious Waqa vibes. Needs sorting really fast. To think he is getting more than we offered Critta. The retention committee has been good under trying circumstances the past few years, but they f**ked this call up terribly.

Munky

Coach
Tired players make poor first contact which leads to losing the ruck and quick play the balls.

Penalties and restarts are always going to be given in those circumstances.

Pantherball is built on it and our club has benefited from it.

Frankus

Juniors
I thought Henry, Fish and Smith were all great. A couple of errors from Smith and Henry but they really put in a shift last night. Fish lead the pack really well.

McLean was great in just his second game in first grade. Riki, Sorensen and Tago had forgettable performances. Surely Tago needs to have a decent game soon. Really struggling with the decision to re-sign him for big smackers when we could have retained Crichton for similar coin. Starting to think @Chins get the wins assessment of Tago is spot on. Maybe he needs a spell in Reggies to get some confidence back - missing too many important tackles and always good for an error or two.

I wonder how Turuva at centre and McLean on the wing would go.

Geyer, I do wonder if he’d ever have made it this far without his surname. Last night he was blowing hard after being on the field for 5 minutes and offered next to nothing apart from one decent kick chase and doubled up making another tackle from marker.

Riki was absolutely terrible. Very poor miss leading to a try. Wasn’t able to cope with the pace of the game. Surely we don’t see him in first grade again for a while.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Dargons win both reserves and first grade? At Penrith?
Huh? What happened to “next man up” “best pathways in the nrl” “grassroots”
Would have thought the depth would cover against a bottom table team like Dargons?
Apparently not.
You do realise having 8 blokes missing from your first grade team is going to impact your game and to fill those spots they need to come from reserves which subsequently will weaken the reserve grade team. Does that help you understand you twit.

Frankus

Juniors
Dargons win both reserves and first grade? At Penrith?
Huh? What happened to “next man up” “best pathways in the nrl” “grassroots”
Would have thought the depth would cover against a bottom table team like Dargons?
Apparently not.
Book your GF tickets mate!

Iamback

Coach
Tired players make poor first contact which leads to losing the ruck and quick play the balls.

Penalties and restarts are always going to be given in those circumstances.

Pantherball is built on it and our club has benefited from it.

hence why I put this on Ivan.

Kenny went off for HIA which makes this worse because he would of played 80.

Bench minutes

Toelau 24
Riki 26 across 2 stints
Mav 22
Peachey 9

Again the bench players aren't the best but they could of had their minutes spread.

Fish played 60mins straight
Henry 74
Smith 80

Say you start Mav.

He does his 25 mins at the start.

You have a fresh Henry for that period after halftime.

Toelau should of came on for Smith not Moses. Give him a breather either side of halftime.

Then atleast we could of gone to linespeed power game we do so well.

We missed the start after halftime. That is when Ivan normally goes to the fresh starters

It was an Ivan shocker but he rarely has them so it can be excused

Can Illawarra duplicate the second half week in week out until the end of the season? Unlikely.
Yes, they ran riot over a bunch of kids, but Panthers held them out for 44 minutes.
Move on.

Crush

Coach
You do realise having 8 blokes missing from your first grade team is going to impact your game and to fill those spots they need to come from reserves which subsequently will weaken the reserve grade team. Does that help you understand you twit.
You do realise that Dragons also had 6 blokes missing from their first grade team right? And that impacts and weakens our reserve grade team right?
Or you didn’t notice that we were playing without the likes of Hunt, Lomax, Su’a, Sele, Bird who are regular first graders.
Twit.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra, NQ we took advantage of guys being hurt on the other team.

Roosters we had that try of their's called back
Should of had Schneider binned v Tigers.

Dogs game were lucky to get away with it.

I am giving us a 7/10 at most for this year, That is with 6 Origin guys and a golden boot winner.

Sure but every games are like this. Side get lucky calls and unlucky ones.
What matters is if you over come them and win.
Problem with the Panthers right now is there isn't any x factor. It's a side which a heap of players who give 100% effort. Problem is players seem not to be doing it every week right now along with players missing. The good thing is if finish top 4 you know they will put in 110% come finals. It's hard every week.

Last nights side was just to weak. The spine was all put bar Kenny whomisnt excalty controlling. Saints had Hunt missing but the rest of the spine intact. Wingers and forwards are easier to replace and do a job.

Cole and Schneider currently are NSW cup level players and so is Laurie. The only way to win was ball controll and defense but the 2nd half was just to many stupid errors. No ball and Saints just ran over them

BxTom

Bench
Tough calling a bloke done after missing a tackle or two in his debut.
With some on here saying the glory days are over - get a grip. I am disappointed in losing, but we are missing two to injury, one to stand down and five to SOO. Just maybe that affected the outcome?

Iamback

Coach
Sure but every games are like this. Side get lucky calls and unlucky ones.
What matters is if you over come them and win.
Problem with the Panthers right now is there isn't any x factor. It's a side which a heap of players who give 100% effort. Problem is players seem not to be doing it every week right now along with players missing. The good thing is if finish top 4 you know they will put in 110% come finals. It's hard every week.

Last nights side was just to weak. The spine was all put bar Kenny whomisnt excalty controlling. Saints had Hunt missing but the rest of the spine intact. Wingers and forwards are easier to replace and do a job.

Cole and Schneider currently are NSW cup level players and so is Laurie. The only way to win was ball controll and defense but the 2nd half was just to many stupid errors. No ball and Saints just ran over them

Listen to Slaters comments on why he picked Cobbo.

We had a real run of teams getting backs hurt. That has papered over cracks. The remaining regulars needed to lift last night and didn't that is an ongoing issue

age.s

First Grade
You do realise that Dragons also had 6 blokes missing from their first grade team right? And that impacts and weakens our reserve grade team right?
Or you didn’t notice that we were playing without the likes of Hunt, Lomax, Su’a, Sele, Bird who are regular first graders.
Twit.
Its very very simple. Irrespective of who you had in or out, that was mostly our NSW cup team. You beat our NSW cup team. Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp.

Also, lol at the idea that Hunt, Lomax and Sua are comparable to Cleary, Yeo and Edwards.

Finally, 9 >>> 6.

Iamback

Coach
With some on here saying the glory days are over - get a grip. I am disappointed in losing, but we are missing two to injury, one to stand down and five to SOO. Just maybe that affected the outcome?

Again we played a side missing guys do. A side that was tipped to run last.

2 weeks after losing to a injury riddled Warriors team with those Origin guys playing.

Which came a week after finishing 2 tries all v an inferior Dogs team

Crush

Coach
Its very very simple. Irrespective of who you had in or out, that was mostly our NSW cup team. You beat our NSW cup team. Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp.

Also, lol at the idea that Hunt, Lomax and Sua are comparable to Cleary, Yeo and Edwards.

Finally, 9 >>> 6.
Panthers were $1.36 favourites to win, we were $3.10
It was our mostly NSW cup team vs your mostly NSW cup team. That’s why you were heavy favourites.
Anyways.

age.s

First Grade
Panthers were $1.36 favourites to win, we were $3.10
It was our mostly NSW cup team vs your mostly NSW cup team. That’s why you were heavy favourites.
Anyways.
Yep, a mighty performance. I'm sure the NSW cup finals series will be very exciting for you. Devastated that I won't get to watch us at the business end of that competition.

since77

Juniors

Finally, 9 >>> 6.
Its very very simple. Our mostly NSW cup team beat your mostly NSW cup team.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the smug Panthers supporters trudge sadly out of their cold, bleak and wet little "fortress" as I headed off towards my car.
Hope you were one of them you pathetically sore loser.

Iamback

Coach
Its very very simple. Our mostly NSW cup team beat your mostly NSW cup team.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the smug Panthers supporters trudge sadly out of their cold, bleak and wet little "fortress" as I headed off towards my car.
Hope you were one of them you pathetically sore loser.

What was false about that statement he made?