What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Saturday 8th July 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
After watching the replay, here's my full report,

Attack

Little bit of a mixed night attacking wise. We looked pretty dangerous in good ball attack with some really nice tries and plenty of questions asked. The Dogs defence did struggle a bit too when we spent time on their line.

However, it was getting up there to spend time on their line that was the issue. The boys found it really hard to get out of our end for much of the game, especially in the first half and I actually wasn't too happy with some of the efforts we put in there, especially from the forwards. It just seemed a bit flat-footed, and no one was really charging onto the ball at pace consistently enough. I was getting frustrated with the amount of what I'd call 'soft' runs out there. As a result, we'd often lose the collision, and the play-the-ball would be slow so there was no momentum generated. This was a big struggle throughout the entire game.

This issue was compounded by lots of errors. Way too many, some of them very poor. Just lapses in concentration and not being present for the full 80 minutes. it was so frustrating because for the whole game, apart from the comeback at the end, we'd get a bit of momentum going and start looking okay, only for it to be brought undone by a poor error or wrong option. God, that was frustrating.

Despite all this, I am really proud of the fight the boys showed, particularly some of the young fullas out there. Despite everything going against them, they never gave up and came pretty close to snatching a win with some scintillating play.

So, our attack was decent, just weren't good enough to get field position and maintain it for long periods.

Defence

Certainly the most disappointing part of the night for us. No doubt about that. I know we were missing a lot of player but still conceding 36 points to the Dogs is really hard to except.

I thought the attitude was a bit of defensively once again. Just the little effort areas the boys got so right last week, weren't there in this game. I'm talking line speed, first contact, kick chase, ability to wrap up the ball etc. All these things killed us. It looked bog average at times, and I think we made the Dogs look a lot better than they were.

Goal line defence in particular was a letdown. Some bad reads out there on the edges which I'll get to later. I kind of thought we'd turned a bit of a corner in the second half, there was a period there where we started defending better, had three sets on our line but turned them away again and again. But I was disappointed that the boys couldn't keep that up and go on with it. We cracked again way too easy.

I said coming into the game that the battle in the middle was key and we certainly lost that battle. Defence is a big reason for that.

In saying all this, we can't be too critical. Our side was completely different so of course the defensive structure is going to be mucked around big time. I just thought the boys still could have done better than they did.

Player by Player

Taaffe: Career best game easily!! Feel like I haven't said this much about Taaffey but he was friggin outstanding! Our best player out there. he was the go-to for pretty much everything good we did. The tone was set early in his first touch where we spread the ball just on halfway, he stepped inside and made a half break. if it wasn't for the Burton legs tackle, he would have been away. Didn't get too many opportunities after that for much of the game but that changed with about 20 minutes to go as he really came alive and played some of the best Footy I've ever seen from him. Speed, acceleration, footwork, allusiveness; these are things Blake has been criricised for in the past, but it was all there!! His first try was amazing! Taking the pass from Hawkins, which gets him on the outside of the Dogs' number 22, he identifies that Wilson is back tracking which opens up the space, and Taaffey just puts down the glasses and goes for it with some speed an acceleration I've never seen from him before! He completely burned the Dogs' defence, stepped inside Averillo and crashed over for one of the best tries of his career. Brilliant! He was at it again for our next try minutes later. Great vision to identify the space but underneath, he calls the play off Lachy, again accelerates through a hole, spins through two tackle attempts to not only score a double but get us back in the game too. Amazing play!! On top of the attacking brilliance, his positional play was good, he did everything he could in defence too. Taaffey wasn't 100% perfect though as he dropped one bomb and also threw that ball over the sideline when he once again made a break with his footwork and acceleration. What an opportunity missed that was. Still, take nothing away from him, our best player, did everything he could to keep us in that game. Well done lad.

Johnston: Nothing much to write home about really. Nothing much at all. Hardly saw any ball all night as he was really let down by the guys inside him there. They failed to set him up in any kind of space off the back of shape. That's mainly on Hawkins in my opinion. His carries weren't that great, got monstered in a lot of them and only had 7 runs for 45 meters. That's not really good enough, needed to go looking for the ball more. He did defuse some tough bombs and other kicks though so well done for that. I thought he was personally okay in defence. Kiraz did get one down the left, but AJ did his best, he was caught out by the actions of Kennar for mine. Not a great night for AJ.

Kennar: After a good performance last week, came crashing back down to earth last night. He wasn't that great at all. I'll start with some of the good things though. His carries were okay, tried his best there. Nice pass for Munro's first try. That's about where the good stuff ends though because his defence was awful, all at sea. He was a big reason why we got caught short on the right for the Dogs' second try. You can see him being really passive and retreating like he doesn't know how to read the play; he fails to slide until it's too late. This, in turn means Munro has to stay in and stay tight because he obviously doesn't trust Richie. By the time Burton gets the ball, it's game over. Richie again takes a poor option for the Bulldogs' forth try. He rushes out of the line way too quickly on Sexton and ball goes past him which means AJ also has to rush up and come in, this creates the space on the outside. He then got injured a bit later after that, I think.

Milne: Not a good night for Taane either. Him and Tyrone were caught out defensively for the Dogs' first try as he failed to read the pass from Burton and slide. Pretty hard to do in that situation though to be fair. He then got sin binned off that kick off. While his sin binning really cost us, I'm not going to blame Taane too much. He was pretty hard done by there, a sin binning for that is simply ridiculous. Not much he could do about their 55th minute try, we were horribly outnumbered on that edge, and he was let down by those inside him. He contributed to their last try though by coming up out of the line on Burton which creates a hole for Burns, he then fails to get back and effect the tackle before Burns can get the offload away and they score. It's a shame Taane was poor defensively because I thought he actually had a decent night with the ball. All his carries were strong, he ran for 120 meters, and had a try assist with that awesome kick for Munro's second.

Munro: Very, very impressive with the ball. Extremely impressive in fact. He's an absolute excitement machine!! Firstly, I thought his carries and the grunt work he did was decent, certainly didn't shirk it on the tough stuff. But the best thing about his game was no doubt the work he did on the end of our backline. His first try was pretty damn classy. Got the ball in a one-on-one situation and showed some dazzling footwork to get around Wilson. We haven't had a right winger finish a try like that in a long time!! His second try was also a great finish off that Taane kick. In between his try scoring, his attacking exploits and athletic ability was there for all to see. Any half chance he got off a backline shift, he burned the defenders inside him and made a line break. I'm amazed by his speed. Also, good to see his patience too. A lot of young fullas with his ability on those breaks would look for a miracle pass but he didn't, he reined it in when nothing was on. It's just so exciting to finally have some genuine speed and athletic ability out there! Any half chance he gets, he's gone. Can't wait to see him play with Trell. That take he took off the short kick off in the second half was also amazing! It's a shame he couldn't quite get that Lachy kick in the first half. I admit, his defence wasn't the greatest. However, I think he was only to blame for the first try where he was in too far and far too close to Taane to start with. The rest, he was let down by his inside men and had no choice but to rush in. What's more, we must remember he's only 18. there's going to be mistakes. But man, he's friggin exciting.

callmack1

Staff member
Hawkins: Never again please. Please. I never want to see him in first grade again. He was woeful, absolutely woeful. His error after our first try was inexcusable and, in my opinion, set the tone for the rest of the game. If we complete that set, get a bit of momentum and put some pressure on the Dogs, who knows how this game could have ended up. He didn't really do much all game either. His only good plays were the hand he played in Taaffe's try and a forced drop out with his defence. That's about it. Very ineffective, doesn't offer much at all. I thought surely, he'd come out and be better than the Dragons game but to be honest, he was even worse. His defence wasn't the greatest either. got stood up and completely stepped around quite a bit. Why the ball went to him on our last roll of the dice at the end of the game, I'll never know.

Ilias: I actually thought he was pretty good. Been copping it a bit I've seen today but that's pretty unfair in my opinion. Him and Taaffe were our only two players really creating and really making things happen in attack and I thought he led the side pretty well in that regard. Great movement and tempo on our first try. His work, along with the lead run from Lovett, cut out two Bulldogs defenders and created the space for Munro. had a hand in Taaffe's first try by playing direct and square into the line, and then helped set up Taaffey for his second with a nice unders ball, that was great play. So, I thought Lachy was one of our best in attack. His kicking game was okay, I wouldn't say it was really good, just okay. We still need more from him in that regard, although he did almost set up another try for Ty Ty with that beautiful grubber in the first half. His defence was also okay.

Tatola: Watching the game live, I thought he was poor and i was disappointed in his effort. But upon reflection and after watching the replay, I have completely changed my mind. He was one of our better forwards no doubt. A massive, massive effort, gave it his all. Played the first 60 minutes without a break and went pretty well. Constantly put his hand up and there were some huge charges in there. Finished up with 165 meters which is the most of anyone in our team last night. Very busy in defence too, he mostly did his job there. There was just the one bad miss on Mahoney when he scored, otherwise he was rock solid. I tip my hat to him.

Havili: Solid in his first stint at hooker. His service was good, he tackled his ass off. Didn't run much but that's okay. Great play to put Tommy over for his try. His second stint in the middle though was extremely impressive, changed the game in fact. Great energy with his carries once he came back on as he constantly won his collisions and got quick play-the-balls. It's no coincidence we looked better and had a bit more momentum behind us when he was back in the middle. 139 meters he finished up with. 23 tackles with none missed too. The only negative of his night was the bad read on Averillo in the lead up to Mahoney's try.

Burgess: His try was great, classic Tommy there as he just said, 'get out of my way' and barged over. However, apart from that, his first stint was pretty average. I think he only had one carry. The same can't be said for his second stint though where he was enormous!! Really good, really strong. Barnstorming! Just didn't stop working and his one-two punch along with Liva was great. Really helped lay the platform for our comeback. 113 meters to his name and almost all of them were in his second stint which tells you just how big he was in that part of the game.

Tass: Playing out of position, in a position you've never played before was always going to be a pretty tough ask but man, he handled it well. There's nothing really special to write home about but it was just effort on effort from Tassy all night, both with, and without the ball. Didn't really put a foot wrong defensively apart from rushing up too quick on Burton in the Mahoney try. Coming out of the line like that left a gaping hole inside him and Havili, Taaffe and Tatola were not able to cover. However, I do have to commend him for his effort.

Lovett: Not gonna lie, I'm not really sure how to sum up Benny's performance. On the one hand, I'm proud of him. The effort was there in everything and a few of his carries were good. He also executed his role as a lead runner pretty well all night. Was a toiler in defence for most of the night but did come up with a few bad reads which hurt. On the other hand, when you look at it, he didn't really have an impact on the game at all.

Mitchell: Not sure what happened with Shaq to be honest. Played very limited minutes. I don't think he was injured as he looked fine on the bench, there was no reports of an injury, and he looked a bit pissed off at fulltime. Bad tactics from JD to play Knight for more minutes than he did Mitchell. It's disappointing because Shaq was looking good and playing well.

Mamouzelos: Pretty impressive all game, loved his work. His service was top shelf, and he was bringing the forwards onto the ball pretty well. Very crafty out of dummy half too which I enjoyed. There was a number of times he took a scoot out of dummy half, caught guys offside or not square, but got screwed over by the ref big time as we got no calls. He just looks very crafty and plays pretty direct. beautiful work to support Tallis and then get the ball back to him for his try. A big workload in defence through the middle for Pete too, he did well there. It's no secret we looked better with him on the field. Been pretty impressed with his last two outings and I think he has a big future ahead.

Duncan: Tallis was brilliant, one of our absolute best and he didn't even play really long minutes. Came on and provided great energy, instant impact with his first tackle. From then on, it was head down, bum up stuff in the Cameron Murray mold. Awesome carries for a smaller man as he constantly poked his nose through the line on each run. I thought he was probably a bit greedy with the ball at times though, that would be my only criticism. The ball playing, he did do looked pretty sharp. Gave us one of the tries of our Season off the kickoff, that was simply incredible, and I've watched it many times since. Great dummy to slice through, make the break, get the ball to Pete in support and then support him to streak away and score his first NRL try. I was shocked by his speed! Pretty kick. beautiful stuff from the young man. I think it's clear now he needs more game time.

Moale: I was a bit disappointed by Davvy if I'm honest. He's had great games and some average games this year, this was unfortunately one of his average ones. He just seemed quite ineffective; I don't know what it was. he got folded on a lot of his runs more often than not which we did see a fair bit earlier in the year. I think possibly he's running a bit too upright, so it doesn't take much to knock him off balance.

Knight: Love the guy as a person but I'm not loving him as a player. Another guy I wouldn't be too unhappy to not see in first grade for us again. His carries were alright, but I just can't handle his ill discipline. Again, last night, a penalty almost as soon as he gets on the field and an error too. Over it.

In conclusion, I'm disappointed to lose and definitely hurting today. I said it last night and I'll say it again, I am proud of the way a few of the boys stepped up, especially guys like Munro, Pete and Duncan, but I'm disappointed because as a whole, the side could have done a lot better. Of course, take nine players out of any side and they're gonna struggle, we probably did a lot better than other clubs would, but this is yet another game we could have won but didn't because of defence, it's disappointing.

We can't read into this game too much on its own and while this loss does hurt, it shouldn't even matter right now. I shouldn't be feeling this way about this loss, I shouldn't be taking it this hard. But it's what has happened in the eight weeks prior that has caused this feeling. I just cannot believe the position we're in after the way we were going. It's simply not good enough and inexcusable. We're now under pressure. Top two looks impossible, we've missed a massive opportunity there and top four is looking pretty shaky. I'm beginning to worry we won't make the four.

In saying that, we all know what this side is capable of. Even last week was amazing, that's what we can do. That has to be the standard moving forward. Dump this Dogs game but still take our learnings from it, enjoy the bye, and then our Season completely restarts in Round 21.

We're looking a bit shaky right now, but it only takes a few weeks to turn it all around. The troops will be back. We will be back.

Glory, Glory.

Steenson123

Juniors
Bottom Line is we have an AWESOME squad at their best i.e the contests against Penrith, Brisbane, Melbourne in Rd10 and The Warriors.... then we have a failure, a shambolic side that has failed to keep vision of the big picture and put in the required intensity and effort during the awkward difficult times of adversity, which a football squad always has to be prepared for. Penrith always manage to cling on and hang in there, grind it out. Brisbane too of late. Glamour is one thing but its the grinta that wins most times. Grinta would have defeated St George and Canterbury and placed the squad in a great position, poised with troops returning.

Steenson123

Juniors
We should
Hawkins: Never again please. Please. I never want to see him in first grade again. He was woeful, absolutely woeful. His error after our first try was inexcusable and, in my opinion, set the tone for the rest of the game. If we complete that set, get a bit of momentum and put some pressure on the Dogs, who knows how this game could have ended up. He didn't really do much all game either. His only good plays were the hand he played in Taaffe's try and a forced drop out with his defence. That's about it. Very ineffective, doesn't offer much at all. I thought surely, he'd come out and be better than the Dragons game but to be honest, he was even worse. His defence wasn't the greatest either. got stood up and completely stepped around quite a bit. Why the ball went to him on our last roll of the dice at the end of the game, I'll never know.

Ilias: I actually thought he was pretty good. Been copping it a bit I've seen today but that's pretty unfair in my opinion. Him and Taaffe were our only two players really creating and really making things happen in attack and I thought he led the side pretty well in that regard. Great movement and tempo on our first try. His work, along with the lead run from Lovett, cut out two Bulldogs defenders and created the space for Munro. had a hand in Taaffe's first try by playing direct and square into the line, and then helped set up Taaffey for his second with a nice unders ball, that was great play. So, I thought Lachy was one of our best in attack. His kicking game was okay, I wouldn't say it was really good, just okay. We still need more from him in that regard, although he did almost set up another try for Ty Ty with that beautiful grubber in the first half. His defence was also okay.

Tatola: Watching the game live, I thought he was poor and i was disappointed in his effort. But upon reflection and after watching the replay, I have completely changed my mind. He was one of our better forwards no doubt. A massive, massive effort, gave it his all. Played the first 60 minutes without a break and went pretty well. Constantly put his hand up and there were some huge charges in there. Finished up with 165 meters which is the most of anyone in our team last night. Very busy in defence too, he mostly did his job there. There was just the one bad miss on Mahoney when he scored, otherwise he was rock solid. I tip my hat to him.

Havili: Solid in his first stint at hooker. His service was good, he tackled his ass off. Didn't run much but that's okay. Great play to put Tommy over for his try. His second stint in the middle though was extremely impressive, changed the game in fact. Great energy with his carries once he came back on as he constantly won his collisions and got quick play-the-balls. It's no coincidence we looked better and had a bit more momentum behind us when he was back in the middle. 139 meters he finished up with. 23 tackles with none missed too. The only negative of his night was the bad read on Averillo in the lead up to Mahoney's try.

Burgess: His try was great, classic Tommy there as he just said, 'get out of my way' and barged over. However, apart from that, his first stint was pretty average. I think he only had one carry. The same can't be said for his second stint though where he was enormous!! Really good, really strong. Barnstorming! Just didn't stop working and his one-two punch along with Liva was great. Really helped lay the platform for our comeback. 113 meters to his name and almost all of them were in his second stint which tells you just how big he was in that part of the game.

Tass: Playing out of position, in a position you've never played before was always going to be a pretty tough ask but man, he handled it well. There's nothing really special to write home about but it was just effort on effort from Tassy all night, both with, and without the ball. Didn't really put a foot wrong defensively apart from rushing up too quick on Burton in the Mahoney try. Coming out of the line like that left a gaping hole inside him and Havili, Taaffe and Tatola were not able to cover. However, I do have to commend him for his effort.

Lovett: Not gonna lie, I'm not really sure how to sum up Benny's performance. On the one hand, I'm proud of him. The effort was there in everything and a few of his carries were good. He also executed his role as a lead runner pretty well all night. Was a toiler in defence for most of the night but did come up with a few bad reads which hurt. On the other hand, when you look at it, he didn't really have an impact on the game at all.

Mitchell: Not sure what happened with Shaq to be honest. Played very limited minutes. I don't think he was injured as he looked fine on the bench, there was no reports of an injury, and he looked a bit pissed off at fulltime. Bad tactics from JD to play Knight for more minutes than he did Mitchell. It's disappointing because Shaq was looking good and playing well.

Mamouzelos: Pretty impressive all game, loved his work. His service was top shelf, and he was bringing the forwards onto the ball pretty well. Very crafty out of dummy half too which I enjoyed. There was a number of times he took a scoot out of dummy half, caught guys offside or not square, but got screwed over by the ref big time as we got no calls. He just looks very crafty and plays pretty direct. beautiful work to support Tallis and then get the ball back to him for his try. A big workload in defence through the middle for Pete too, he did well there. It's no secret we looked better with him on the field. Been pretty impressed with his last two outings and I think he has a big future ahead.

Duncan: Tallis was brilliant, one of our absolute best and he didn't even play really long minutes. Came on and provided great energy, instant impact with his first tackle. From then on, it was head down, bum up stuff in the Cameron Murray mold. Awesome carries for a smaller man as he constantly poked his nose through the line on each run. I thought he was probably a bit greedy with the ball at times though, that would be my only criticism. The ball playing, he did do looked pretty sharp. Gave us one of the tries of our Season off the kickoff, that was simply incredible, and I've watched it many times since. Great dummy to slice through, make the break, get the ball to Pete in support and then support him to streak away and score his first NRL try. I was shocked by his speed! Pretty kick. beautiful stuff from the young man. I think it's clear now he needs more game time.

Moale: I was a bit disappointed by Davvy if I'm honest. He's had great games and some average games this year, this was unfortunately one of his average ones. He just seemed quite ineffective; I don't know what it was. he got folded on a lot of his runs more often than not which we did see a fair bit earlier in the year. I think possibly he's running a bit too upright, so it doesn't take much to knock him off balance.

Knight: Love the guy as a person but I'm not loving him as a player. Another guy I wouldn't be too unhappy to not see in first grade for us again. His carries were alright, but I just can't handle his ill discipline. Again, last night, a penalty almost as soon as he gets on the field and an error too. Over it.

In conclusion, I'm disappointed to lose and definitely hurting today. I said it last night and I'll say it again, I am proud of the way a few of the boys stepped up, especially guys like Munro, Pete and Duncan, but I'm disappointed because as a whole, the side could have done a lot better. Of course, take nine players out of any side and they're gonna struggle, we probably did a lot better than other clubs would, but this is yet another game we could have won but didn't because of defence, it's disappointing.

We can't read into this game too much on its own and while this loss does hurt, it shouldn't even matter right now. I shouldn't be feeling this way about this loss, I shouldn't be taking it this hard. But it's what has happened in the eight weeks prior that has caused this feeling. I just cannot believe the position we're in after the way we were going. It's simply not good enough and inexcusable. We're now under pressure. Top two looks impossible, we've missed a massive opportunity there and top four is looking pretty shaky. I'm beginning to worry we won't make the four.

In saying that, we all know what this side is capable of. Even last week was amazing, that's what we can do. That has to be the standard moving forward. Dump this Dogs game but still take our learnings from it, enjoy the bye, and then our Season completely restarts in Round 21.

We're looking a bit shaky right now, but it only takes a few weeks to turn it all around. The troops will be back. We will be back.

Glory, Glory.
We should all be lamenting Demetriou's coaching I mean is he blind with Hawkins?? For Cruyff's sake your job is to WIN, not give opponents confidence by putting Hawkins-Kennar on the field!!!! Yet he did the same against St George with an identical result.

handyman2190

Bench
I said before the game taafe should of played 6 and gagai 1
Hawkins is only a reserve,and even tuape in reserves would of been better than hawkins,we should have won that game, but u cant beat the ref

Runrabbit14

Juniors
I believe a lot of the concerns being aired are out of genuine frustration with the slump in form over the last 7 weeks.
I am one of those frustrated as we are only 2 points ahead of the Dolphins (2 byes) who have also been hammered by injury and suspension and have a far inferior roster to us.
I know there is a long way to go and we can turn it around….

Steenson123

Juniors
I said before the game taafe should of played 6 and gagai 1
Hawkins is only a reserve,and even tuape in reserves would of been better than hawkins,we should have won that game, but u cant beat the ref
It wasn't really that goofy Ref. Sure he was quirky, and that is being kind. The COACH has to take charge and slam his fist on the Table. "We have many out but I believe these men will get it done:! But for Cruyff's sake select a side that CAN WIN!!! Hawkins v Burton made me ill inside: merely a repeat of Hunt v Hawkins a month ago.
Why on earth did Demetriou select Hawkins and Kennar? We have young Munro and young Duncan flying high so why not promote Karapani and that young Dean guy at 5/8?? And why play Milne at backrow?? It was total chaos, no clue. You NEVER pick the same players who failed previously in a similar situation i.e at St George, another IRRELEVANT dummy.
I'm furious because we have a stellar side great to support and back. They had a great 8-3 start with that horrific Schedule but now its almost wasted. It has turned me right off because the COACH should have played these matches more aggressively with the young guys and rolled the dice.

Steenson123

Juniors
Correc
I believe a lot of the concerns being aired are out of genuine frustration with the slump in form over the last 7 weeks.
I am one of those frustrated as we are only 2 points ahead of the Dolphins (2 byes) who have also been hammered by injury and suspension and have a far inferior roster to us.
I know there is a long way to go and we can turn it around….
Correction. We only have Six games left!!.
We have really WASTED the opportunity presented by that great 8-3 opening largely because the Coach played his cards far too conservatively. And it may well cost him his position because I cannot see Crowe sitting idle if this group do not make a deep playoff run or win the Title.
There were far better options than slow Hawkins - Kennar in the backline and Milne at backrow.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Correc

Correction. We only have Six games left!!.
We have really WASTED the opportunity presented by that great 8-3 opening largely because the Coach played his cards far too conservatively. And it may well cost him his position because I cannot see Crowe sitting idle if this group do not make a deep playoff run or win the Title.
There were far better options than slow Hawkins - Kennar in the backline and Milne at backrow.
I feel your angst and it defies belief we are in this position after the great results of the first 11 rounds.
I implore the coaching staff to give Taaffe a go in the halves before we lose him and regret it - he deserves a chance !!!!!
All is not lost just a lot harder now than it should have been…..

callmack1

Staff member
NRL takes swipe at Demetriou after his post-game rant: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/88ea6e9f381171d22f7eb6226c657b6a

Honestly, what the actual f**k? I can't believe how JD's complaint has just been completely dismissed like that all from one stat. That is literally f**king ridiculous. God that makes me angry!!

Anyone who watched that game who has eyes and knows anything about Rugby League, could clearly see that game was refereed differently in the ruck. It was clear as day. Most of our games recently have been the same. Clear as day.

You can't just go off the play-the-ball speeds that average out across the whole game, that's a complete cop out. just going off that shows a lack of knowledge of the game and an inability to show critical thinking. How about answering why every team we've played recently has been deemed to be 'perfect' in the ruck when anyone can clearly see that is not the case? How about answering why we haven't received a single 6 again or penalty for a ruck infringement since Round 14?

This is exactly what JD is talking about when he said that all you get is excuses from the NRL.

God, this has pissed me off. Just lost all my respect for Annesley. I hope JD and the club take this further behind closed doors.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well said mate completely agree it’s a farce. Tom had to tell them where the penalty position was to be taken from too as the ref said it’s in front of the posts when it’s not and we were only 1 metre offside.

Also ref called out Keaon get onside when he wasn’t on the field. So it’s obvious they target certain players.

Steenson123

Juniors
Yes that Ref was a Clown, everything was laid out for Gwenda Gould's embattled no-hopers. I did not even think Mine's tackle was deserving of the SB, a costly move which allowed the no-hopers to score several times.
However, this still does NOT abrogate Demetriou from blame. He surely knew that Hawkins-Kennar in any backline will get rolled over. Its like the Coach was accepting defeat. They are simply too slow and non events posing no threat. That allowed Burton to take over....because there is NO opposition and Burton has been doing 0 in pervious games. Nothing.
Taaffe, as many of us argued in the lead up to that debacle, should be put into #6 and ironically his speed late on nearly pulled it out.
Demetriou is under heavy pressure. Many external observers are wondering has what happened to the squad. Yes many key players have been absent BUT the opponents have been mostly no-hopers and yet we lost to almost all of them gave them a Win they have failed to repeat subsequently.
As much as Mitchells' prolonged ansence has been gut wrenching that fails to account for laying an egg against pathetic opponents. Demetriou simply chose the WRONG players repeatedly to get to say 4-3 in this period. That was achievable, totally, but NOT with the players he chose to go with.