What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Saturday 8th July 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
I honestly don't know how to feel about that one. I really don't. Definitely hurting. I think that's the overwhelming feeling. Really disappointing. Gutted and angry after that, it's hard to describe. But on the other hand, you do have to be proud. A stack of players out and the boys gave it a real shake in the end.

I think I'm more disappointed, gutted, and angry than proud though. I know we were severely depleted but honestly, I expected better than some of the stuff that went on out there, especially defensively. Some really poor stuff in defence once again, weak as piss at times and made the Bulldogs look a lot better than what they are. It was back to being wet paper towel stuff and that is just not good enough. Yea, some of these guys are inexperienced but they're better than that. They're better than some of the efforts shown. I said this game was all about attitude and our attitude in defence was just way off. This is what lost us the game in my opinion.

I'm also disappointed in some of the efforts coming out of our own end in the first half. There seemed to be a lack of desire and energy, hence why we couldn't get out of our end. Granted, this did pick up in the second half.

We looked pretty good with a bit of momentum behind us, really good. The Dogs struggled to handle that; it was promising but we kept bringing ourselves undone most of the time when we really needed to ice it.

Don't even get me started on that ref performance. One of the worst, most incompetent, biased refereeing performances I have seen in a long time. We were refed out of the game. I've only just calmed down to be honest.

I guess we should be kind of proud though and shouldn't be too hard on these guys. Take nine top players out of any team and see how they perform. Some of the guys really put their hand up. We shouldn't read too much into it.

However, I'm just spewing that another game we should be winning slips away. It hurts. really feeling it right now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Munro and Duncan are the future well played lads. We could’ve given up under adversity but we didn’t against a side with more first graders than we had tonight I am proud they didn’t throw in the towel I wasn’t expecting to win.

Losing Hame as his daughter is very sick apparently in hospital also didn’t help.

Fittler raided our team for a dead rubber we have Cody tonight we win 13 plus.

All good the boys will band together we will be back JD will fire them up with the mentality everyone is against us and we will use it as fuel.

Injuries and origin have cruelled us but we will be back and go on a run soon! And come finals teams like Sharks from last year won’t wanna play us in finals

callmack1

Staff member
Bulldogs deny miracle comeback from Rabbitohs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/bulldogs-deny-miracle-comeback-from-rabbitohs

Press Conference - Round 19: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/press-conference-rabbitohs-round-19-2023

'We can't get a fair crack' - Souths blow up over 'manufactured' sin bin as Demetrious slams Bunker: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/05c575cd9cd31846e948d1c9204f5a34

'Just get excuses' - Demetriou reveals NRL complaints as Souths 'constantly being controlled': https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/1b0f2ddb545f34e89241a7584242e922

Hats off to JD for the press conference, great to see him finally fire up and have a go at the NRL. Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

Instant impact from Dogs' recruit as Latrell replacement stars, young guns step up - Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9200c30ee3f9d86aca17687d198801d0

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Trell
Cody
Campbell
Cook
Murray
Keaon
Sele
Host
Arrow.
ALL MISSING.
SHUT UP.
Everyone shut up.
take 9 starting 13 players out of ANY side and they struggle. Bye next week. Judge them in round 21 when they might finally have a full roster.
A lot of those guys played in the games that were exciting finishes or nearly pulled out of the fire.
Not just talking about tonight’s implosion….

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Before we loose Taaffe and he signs elsewhere surely he has earned the opportunity to be given at least one game in the halves.
I watched him in the under 20’s play in the halves and was an absolute star !!
This is his rightful position and he has given his all over the last few years.
Letting him go will come back to bite us.

handyman2190

Bench
Before we loose Taaffe and he signs elsewhere surely he has earned the opportunity to be given at least one game in the halves.
I watched him in the under 20’s play in the halves and was an absolute star !!
This is his rightful position and he has given his all over the last few years.
Letting him go will come back to bite us.
Ive said this many times,i think he is better than ilias

handyman2190

Bench
I honestly don't know how to feel about that one. I really don't. Definitely hurting. I think that's the overwhelming feeling. Really disappointing. Gutted and angry after that, it's hard to describe. But on the other hand, you do have to be proud. A stack of players out and the boys gave it a real shake in the end.

I think I'm more disappointed, gutted, and angry than proud though. I know we were severely depleted but honestly, I expected better than some of the stuff that went on out there, especially defensively. Some really poor stuff in defence once again, weak as piss at times and made the Bulldogs look a lot better than what they are. It was back to being wet paper towel stuff and that is just not good enough. Yea, some of these guys are inexperienced but they're better than that. They're better than some of the efforts shown. I said this game was all about attitude and our attitude in defence was just way off. This is what lost us the game in my opinion.

I'm also disappointed in some of the efforts coming out of our own end in the first half. There seemed to be a lack of desire and energy, hence why we couldn't get out of our end. Granted, this did pick up in the second half.

We looked pretty good with a bit of momentum behind us, really good. The Dogs struggled to handle that; it was promising but we kept bringing ourselves undone most of the time when we really needed to ice it.

Don't even get me started on that ref performance. One of the worst, most incompetent, biased refereeing performances I have seen in a long time. We were refed out of the game. I've only just calmed down to be honest.

I guess we should be kind of proud though and shouldn't be too hard on these guys. Take nine top players out of any team and see how they perform. Some of the guys really put their hand up. We shouldn't read too much into it.

However, I'm just spewing that another game we should be winning slips away. It hurts. really feeling it right now.
Im upsett, the refs are screwing us,JD IS 100% CORRECT there were 2 forward passes to trys not picked up, that game was all manufactured for the dogs,im sick of the commentary teams not being straight and shutting their gobs when they see the inequalities and being positive 1 way.
We need to recruit some muscle ive said it many times,i know we have youngsters coming ,but we needed a leniu yesterday, hawkins is only a reserve grader, knight is useless and thank god hes going, taafe is a half,if he had played 6 we would have won

Rabbits20

Immortal
Milne no shoulder charge just a fine wrong decision made again it’s a contact sport and they factored an accident into it well done JD

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watching it back first 20mins we see Mahoney forward pass ignored, Burton forward pass ignored, TPJ 5 metres offside off charge down on Ilias. Ilias clipped high on the chin 18mins in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
21mins in Pete catches their markers not square we get nothing. Topine 23mins in second effort on Ilias and lying in way of our dummy half we get nothing. 38mins in Sexton obstruction around Okunbor.

44mins in tackle 4 Topine on Tatola lays on the tackle for an eternity won’t let go.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ta’affe held down for an eternity had three goes at him whilst he’s getting up coming out of trouble 49mins in. Mahoney not square at marker 54mins in. Dogs all standing 4 metres offside no penalty after the Munro intercept.

64th min Burns double movement he rules us offside from a scrum when we weren’t

handyman2190

Bench
The toby sexton pass to burns was forward for the last try as well,we were dudded bigtime,they were all over us in tackles, this referee is a travesty, he isnt first grade standard,im sick of it,just seems there is a vendetta against us,we loose all penalty counts, were can we object,has someone got an email we can send the refs boss a complaint?

Steenson123

Juniors
No. You
You are on drugs dude. The obsession with Brad Fittler is getting old. They are missing 7 elite players. Get over it.
No you read it all wrong. Entirely miss the point. Little things lead to teh bigger goal and winning this game, despite the absentees had to be a PRIORITY, because all the others are winning every game and gapping us. Personally I do not care if Mitchell and the others return if we end up between 5-8 who cares its over jet them rest for 6 months!!!
Demetriou tried Hawkins-Kennar against St George. How did THAT end? Hawkins has no dash, offers nada, so why even attempt to play him opposite Burton?? Hawkins is what Jimmy Johnson called a football "slug".
So here we go against another IRRELEVANT side, Canterbury. Canterbury have conceeded an average of I believe FIFTY-FIVE [55] points in their past two screamers. They are pathetic. However they have Burton, their ONE problem, we have No Walker. I put Taaffe there at #6 and NO Hawkins!! Taaffe showed his dash and what he can do. Why leave it so late when the contest is done?? Options existed for another FB. Hawkins-Kennar in the backline is a recipe for total failure. Saw it against St George who every other rival team flogged as per the Bulldogs. We were down 36-14 against a rabble like St George with those players and then down AGAIN similar against Canterbury a month later.
The COACH should have targeted Burton all week, how to minimise his impact. Instead we MAXIMISED his impact. And the COACH provided no backline attack, no dash no pace. Result Canterbury play confident : and we drop games to TWO Irrelevant Malakas points that Cronulla, Canberra, Penrith, Brisbane, Warriors et al EAT UP. WE DROPPED BOTH GAMES against duds that is POOR COACHING making the SAME POOR JUDGEMENT TWICE!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Great
Who f**king cares about Penrith.
we support south’s don’t we?
9 missing. Move on.
Good Point. We have suffered from very poor COACHING. The man did the same thing he did against St George a month ago. Same sort of line-up, same result. That too ended in embarrassment.
Further since the 8-3 start, against far greater opposition, we have gone a purile 2-5 conceeding OVER 30 ppg in 5 of those defeats including TWO to IRRELEVANT sides like St George and The Bulldogs. Seriously....... Demetriou plays Hawkins-Kennar in the backline again?? I put Taaffe at #6 and Karapani in the centre where he should have been put. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!! No Milne there but Karapani. Milne gets marched and Burton carves us up. And why on earth change the players around the squad became a total shambles!!

Steenson123

Juniors
I
Munro and Duncan are the future well played lads. We could’ve given up under adversity but we didn’t against a side with more first graders than we had tonight I am proud they didn’t throw in the towel I wasn’t expecting to win.

Losing Hame as his daughter is very sick apparently in hospital also didn’t help.

Fittler raided our team for a dead rubber we have Cody tonight we win 13 plus.

All good the boys will band together we will be back JD will fire them up with the mentality everyone is against us and we will use it as fuel.

Injuries and origin have cruelled us but we will be back and go on a run soon! And come finals teams like Sharks from last year won’t wanna play us in finals
Its all a matter of positioning for the bigger picture. We have failed gone 2-5 in a soft section of the Schedule and conceeded over 30ppg in FIVE of them. Conceeded 36 to St George and Canterbury. Pathetic. These sides do NOT really have many genuine A Graders. I watched Canterbury against Newcastle they were horrible. A week later we make Burton look unstoppable but he SUNK against Newcastle and before that Cronulla, he drowned.
Cleary, despite large absentees, would NEVER allow this shambles to happen. Finishing 5-8 will be irrelevant waste of time and "holding back" players for the "back end" will count for zero. Realistically, once the Fittler-Gould era started in May the urgency should have intensified. But instead it dropped the squad thought ok 8-3 against THAT Schedule, now we can rest. That will never work. And Demetriou constantly changing players around and changing the squad is quite frankly idiotic. Could not see Bellamy Cleary or Wayne doing that. We have inexperienced guys BUT they are young, eager to attack so let them train TOGETHER all week make it simple for them and set them little goals. That's what Cleary has done lately with Penrith missing 5-6 stars yet they always stand up.