What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Rickyless Raiders

kit66

Bench
On Lomax, any good he does he more than ruins with his, usually stupid and unnecessary errors. Last Sunday, 4 errors, 1 penalty, a six again and he missed the goal to draw the game and give us a chance. He needs a good kick up the khybah, but no, he'll do the same next week.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
On Lomax, any good he does he more than ruins with his, usually stupid and unnecessary errors. Last Sunday, 4 errors, 1 penalty, a six again and he missed the goal to draw the game and give us a chance. He needs a good kick up the khybah, but no, he'll do the same next week.
i can't fault him for missing a kick from the sideline, but you're spot on about everything else

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
Fair but each second half lately is the same. Bunched up and could throw a blanket over the whole team with 20 Min to go. Goes hand I. Hand with our poor discipline where we continuously hand the ball over or give away set restarts.

Right at the end only Hunt in cooee of being a support player for Feagai. He can transcend tough conditions. Most of other players cannot. More pooped than the average team.
I noticed that they are massively bunched even on TV , there is a real fitness issue and thats why its easy for teams to then keep us pinned down there. You dont see this with the good teams, just the Shite ones

SAP58

Juniors
I noticed that they are massively bunched even on TV , there is a real fitness issue and thats why its easy for teams to then keep us pinned down there. You dont see this with the good teams, just the Shite ones
We struggle & will continue to struggle whilst we give away so many six again & stupid penalties particularly early in games so we are on the back foot from the start & we are generally not good enough to recover & even if we do we run out off puff in the second half because of the amount of possession we give away & tackling we have had to do. I was hopeful that Hook would be a Captain grumpy & improve our disipline which has been lacking since Bennett left but that has not been the case. Retaining players despite how badly they play & how many errors they make sends the wrong message to every player in the club & you end up with what we have today.

gitano

Juniors
Look we were playing 14 yesterday with the ref in their pocket all day. But that said, Lomax has gotta go. Moga too.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I just don't get how much worse the team can get if they put the juniors in instead of the old hasbeens. No energy or care factor at all which is opposite to what you would expect from a junior. Michael Molo showed more than the old hasbeens. Woods I feel will reach the required games to be re-signed which is a nightmare. Please Tigers come and get him.

Amone had a great game which is good to see. I really think Hunt at 9, Amone/Sullly in halves and Ramseyy/Sloan is the potential of a leathal spine but that won't happen with this dope in charge. Hunt can have the same impact at hooker as he does at 7. How good is his long kicking game.

That last play seemed like payback. I feel like the ref even blew the whistle before the siren even sounded. It will be swept under the carpet anyway because it is Saints who copped it.

My only thought is would the side have gone better this year if McGregor was in charge? Both terrible but at least Mary looked pi$$ed when they lost and played bad and had some emotion when the team never performed or got robbed, unlike this dope who sits their and praises the opposition.

slippery5

Juniors
In all the years of McNOIDEA in charge did I ever see a more PATHETIC/ DIABOLICAL attack than I did on SUNDAY. ( I won't go into some of the defence from Sharon & McCullough)
Players receiving the ball, standing still & when the ball did go out any wider than two of the ruck, players were running onto the ball at trotting pace. ( other than the last play of the day)
The 3 tries by JNR & some 40/20's by Hunt absolutely conned anyone who thought we were a chance of winning, or deserved to win that game.
The worst team we have ever put on the Paddock. EXCEPT JDB who absolutely holds our defence by himself.
Or is it the WORST coached team????
Bring Back McNOIDEA.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
I think 94kg is a bit too lite for a forward...as for his ticker...google had no info about that

View attachment 64954
Radley is only 92 kg. A post earlier suggested Lomax might make a good go as a ball playing 13. Interesting idea for mine. JDB is a beast but not a quick ball playing 13 that seems to be the go to these days. Obviously he may not want to or be crap at it but hey, it’s going to be a loooong off season… again….

dannyt

Coach
In all the years of McNOIDEA in charge did I ever see a more PATHETIC/ DIABOLICAL attack than I did on SUNDAY. ( I won't go into some of the defence from Sharon & McCullough)
Players receiving the ball, standing still & when the ball did go out any wider than two of the ruck, players were running onto the ball at trotting pace. ( other than the last play of the day)
The 3 tries by JNR & some 40/20's by Hunt absolutely conned anyone who thought we were a chance of winning, or deserved to win that game.
The worst team we have ever put on the Paddock. EXCEPT JDB who absolutely holds our defence by himself.
Or is it the WORST coached team????
Bring Back McNOIDEA.
Some good points, but in fairness, Woods did pull off a ripper tackle on Papalli'i.
Can't agree on the last point.

SBD82

Coach
Radley is only 92 kg. A post earlier suggested Lomax might make a good go as a ball playing 13. Interesting idea for mine. JDB is a beast but not a quick ball playing 13 that seems to be the go to these days. Obviously he may not want to or be crap at it but hey, it’s going to be a loooong off season… again….
I just don’t get this idea that Lomax could be a ball playing forward. What has he shown to suggest that he can ball play?

And if people think it can be coached into him, why not just spend the time coaching a few things into him that would turn him into an elite centre?

This Year?

Immortal
I just don’t get this idea that Lomax could be a ball playing forward. What has he shown to suggest that he can ball play?

And if people think it can be coached into him, why not just spend the time coaching a few things into him that would turn him into an elite centre?
He's not a ballplayer's arsehole until he can at least flick from right to left.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors

It's a lot harder to flick pass to Row 14 from the middle of the field.

carltonsouth79

First Grade

I think the point of the earlier poster was that Lomax makes errors as he’s overly competitive and wants more involvement in play and that 13 would bring him into the game a lot more. He has strength and ball playing ability but as you say you could equally bring him into the game more at centre