What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

GongPanther

Referee
That was to be one of the more enjoyable watches in a period in which there have been many many good ones. Just the whole thing. The rock solid defense in the first half, the smooth movement of our attack, the embarrassing moments for that grub Rapana, big big moments from virtually all the new guys, my boy Peachey bobbing up with a trademark try and then the gravy as the J-Man emphatically takes home the weak-gutted-dog cup with a try to move the score past 50. I can't stand Canberra and I had a very genuine cackle when the camera swung to that clown in their coaches box there.

Absolutely juicy, thank you footy gods for an unbelievable night.
and in the main game forum, skeepe was at his brilliant best.

Girds89

Bench
Lindsay Smith should keep his spot, Especially after his extended run he will get with Fish out for a few weeks
Lindsay is just solid.

I personally don't think he's what we need.. but he did well filling a hole tonight with fish out.

With Spencer leaving I don't really think he's the role we need... but he will be an nrl player..

He's not really an impact guy.. he's a big minute solid guy..

Girds89

Bench
Lindsay Smith should keep his spot, Especially after his extended run he will get with Fish out for a few weeks
Lindsay is just solid.

I personally don't think he's what we need.. but he did well filling a hole tonight with fish out.

With Spencer leaving I don't really think he's the role we need... but he will be an nrl player..

He's not really an impact guy.. he's a big minute solid guy.. m

Girds89

Bench
Soro needs to stay on an edge..

Not suprised things opened up on the left tonight for tago..

Soro is a threat. He offers penetration and he drags in blokes.. highly mobile and strong... hard to tackle...

Most wrote him off on an edge but he showed enough tonight that he needs to be given a chance there...

Given garner has played there his whole career and soro has barley player there in 3 years.... I know which way I'd be heading.

Am I'm suprised the left started to click with him out there... nup..... does he have work to do to be an edge... yep... but he showed more than garner who is a seasoned nrl 2md row vet.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Soro needs to stay on an edge..

Not suprised things opened up on the left tonight for tago..

Soro is a threat. He offers penetration and he drags in blokes.. highly mobile and strong... hard to tackle...

Most wrote him off on an edge but he showed enough tonight that he needs to be given a chance there...

Given garner has played there his whole career and soro has barley player there in 3 years.... I know which way I'd be heading.

Am I'm suprised the left started to click with him out there... nup..... does he have work to do to be an edge... yep... but he showed more than garner who is a seasoned nrl 2md row vet.
I'm amazed anyone could think he's an edge. Mid game injury sure move him there but outside that he's a middle

Iamback

Coach
Sorensen was pretty good. Nice work for Tago's first and defended well. I don't think he dislodges Hosking or Martin at this point, but likely a better option than Garner. More importantly L Smith and Leniu showed enough to suggest our middle can handle the disruption of losing him for a time.

Depends on the make up of the side, Ideally you would run with a single hooker.

Martin as a test player should keep his best edge which is the right. Not sure if Hoskings can play left but Sorensen can do the role

Girds89

Bench
Also bloody love the peach..

Knew he'd be uo for it this year...

99% of people wrote him off but I knew when he signed here for less money that he was up for it.

He's looking fit.. his not a 9 but his service was good enough and his try was great..

He offers a bit of X factor of the bench like I've said all year..

We will need to continue to play risky this year.. but it was good to see

Iamback

Coach
Lindsay is just solid.

He's not really an impact guy.. he's a big minute solid guy.. m

He had a try assist for Cleary's try
Saved a try on Fogarty
100m

Decent effort for a prop but he adds a passing game

Girds89

Bench
Soro can still play middle....

He's a great middle...

But we lack 2nd row depth... which is the whole reason all year I've said he should be training there..

Eiso and Smith cover prop and middle..

age.s

First Grade
Also bloody love the peach..

Knew he'd be uo for it this year...

99% of people wrote him off but I knew when he signed here for less money that he was up for it.

He's looking fit.. his not a 9 but his service was good enough and his try was great..

He offers a bit of X factor of the bench like I've said all year..

We will need to continue to play risky this year.. but it was good to see

Haha, I thought he was ok, but not on board with this. The black hides it better than orange but there's definitely a bit more gut than you'd want for a first grader.

Girds89

Bench
He had a try assist for Cleary's try
Saved a try on Fogarty
100m

Decent effort for a prop but he adds a passing game - assuming Hosking can't play left
He's just solid.

He's try assist for Nathan your really selling.

Was a simple offload.

He was great... but he's not a Spencer etc.
He's what 2 or so years older than him?

Spencer's impact is just going to be soo badly missed

Girds89

Bench
Haha, I thought he was ok, but not on board with this. The black hides it better than orange but there's definitely a bit more gut than you'd want for a first grader.

He scored a try and was on the field for like 10 mins..

Service was ok and didn't make any mistakes.. our attack looked fine with him on.

Think he lost a fair bit of weight in the off season too.

age.s

First Grade
He scored a try and was on the field for like 10 mins..

Service was ok and didn't make any mistakes.. our attack looked fine with him on.

Think he lost a fair bit of weight in the off season too.
I think he played ok, I just don't think he looks fit. Fitter, maybe, but that could be a low bar.

snickers007

Juniors
I know we just racked up 50 points and I shouldn't be complaining, but...

FMD Critta has been ordinary this year. Tonight he had a bad missed tackle early leading to a line break. Multiple penalties (and sin-binning). An error rucking it out of our own half. And didn't look interesting in doing any work with ball in hand.

Last week was the same. Just 5 runs, 2 penalties against. Add in that terrible intercept attempt against Brisbane that lead to a try.

Really bad signs IMO.

Iamback

Coach
He's just solid.

He's try assist for Nathan your really selling.

Was a simple offload.

He was great... but he's not a Spencer etc.
He's what 2 or so years older than him?

Spencer's impact is just going to be soo badly missed

We have said on here all year that we need something different. If you are moving Sorensen to an edge then you have the luxury to go different with that spot

Iamback

Coach
I know we just racked up 50 points and I shouldn't be complaining, but...

FMD Critta has been ordinary this year. Tonight he had a bad missed tackle early leading to a line break. Multiple penalties (and sin-binning). An error rucking it out of our own half. And didn't look interesting in doing any work with ball in hand.

Last week was the same. Just 5 runs, 2 penalties against. Add in that terrible intercept attempt against Brisbane that lead to a try.

Really bad signs IMO.

No fair comments, Canberra clocked off and the score exploded but a few basic errors out there still