What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

hindy111

Post Whore
He's just solid.

He's try assist for Nathan your really selling.

Was a simple offload.

He was great... but he's not a Spencer etc.
He's what 2 or so years older than him?

Spencer's impact is just going to be soo badly missed

It's embarrassing Roosters can do what they do really. But they rarely stuff a recruit up. Smarter signing than Kikauong term and a lot cheaper.

hindy111

Post Whore
You would perfect plodder for bea arthur to pick up next season, to strengthen that panthers connection of rejects out at pawwa... see you in the finals, i know you pawwa fans bought GF tix already

We are 1/5. Had you guys won last week our season is over now and no finals. You gave us a glimmer of hope. I thank you for that.

On Penrith they've not played well but could easily be undefeated. Defense is still there and they are still one of few sides that can attack with defense.
The Roosters attack along with Souths can be sensational. But boy did Parras forwards roll up the guts and make 50+ every set easily even with no ball.

Storm also impressed me last night. Tenacious
As much as the comp is open I still feel last years heavy weights still are a class above the sides who didn't make the top 8. Bar Brisbane.
But I am tipping the Tiger to cause a boil over tonight.

Iamback

Coach
We are 1/5. Had you guys won last week our season is over now and no finals. You gave us a glimmer of hope. I thank you for that.

On Penrith they've not played well but could easily be undefeated. Defense is still there and they are still one of few sides that can attack with defense.
The Roosters attack along with Souths can be sensational. But boy did Parras forwards roll up the guts and make 50+ every set easily even with no ball.

Storm also impressed me last night. Tenacious
As much as the comp is open I still feel last years heavy weights still are a class above the sides who didn't make the top 8. Bar Brisbane.
But I am tipping the Tiger to cause a boil over tonight.

Manly with Tom Turbo are a top 4 team too.

All good except for that last bit. We already have. Kenny just needs a foil after he has done the dirty work. Peachey ain't it. He was awful, even though he scored.
His service was slow and poor. A couple passes went to the ground. Maybe nerves? But we need a 9 who passes off the ground without lift up. But I'm glad we have our edges sorted and Lenui replaced for next year, that was LSmiths best game!

Girds89

Bench
It was because of repeated infringements on the try line not number of infringements. Also the constant "I was totally right" every second comment is cringe.
I know what it was for. I just don't think it was the right call.

Just happy to see us play well and happy that soro did well on an edge and peach looked the goods..

Nice to see Ivan not so heldback either

Does anyone know which Sponsor was incorrect on Leota's Jumper in the 1st half? That's some amateur shit right there!

betcats

Referee
Because we played a terrible football team

Yep can’t underestimate that, 2nd half from the raiders was pretty pathetic.

Last night sorro was just running the right lines for the set plays which garner hasn’t been doing and when that happens it stuffs the whole play. I’ve said for a while edge forward is a bit more complicated than getting a barnstorming player to run at halves, the edge forward needs to know the plays and know if he’s running a lead line or outside line, decoy or tip on play and the timing needs to be close to perfect, if they stuff it up the whole attack breaks down, that was what the salmon Luai blow up was about in round 1. Sorro did it very well last night and the raiders were particularly bad so it all opened up for us. I would still be slotting Martin on the left and leaving hosking on the right when martins fit.

Iamback

Coach
Yep can’t underestimate that, 2nd half from the raiders was pretty pathetic.

Last night sorro was just running the right lines for the set plays which garner hasn’t been doing and when that happens it stuffs the whole play. I’ve said for a while edge forward is a bit more complicated than getting a barnstorming player to run at halves, the edge forward needs to know the plays and know if he’s running a lead line or outside line, decoy or tip on play and the timing needs to be close to perfect, if they stuff it up the whole attack breaks down, that was what the salmon Luai blow up was about in round 1. Sorro did it very well last night and the raiders were particularly bad so it all opened up for us. I would still be slotting Martin on the left and leaving hosking on the right when martins fit.

That is my concern with Martin, A good line on the right isn't on the left.

The reason we saw Garner in the side over Hosking may of been he is the best option on the left. Sorensen going well there gives another option now if Martin can't do it as well

betcats

Referee
That is my concern with Martin, A good line on the right isn't on the left.

The reason we saw Garner in the side over Hosking may of been he is the best option on the left. Sorensen going well there gives another option now if Martin can't do it as well

Martin can play on the left he’s filled in there for kiks plenty of times I’d be backing him to figure it out pretty quickly. Hosking at this stage has to be in the side as Ennis said last night he had really shut the door on the other options.

Coast panther

Juniors
Martin is the experienced second rower he'll move over to the left (big match up for him next week coming up against big Ola ) hosking right sorro back to the bench he'll get more opportunities he was great lastnight 👍

WestyLife

First Grade
I didn't get involved in the Sorenson second row argument but I want him in the middle not because I think he'd be a bad second rower but because he really compliments the middle rotation and adds inpact in his own way. We have Martin and Hoskings who should be starting second rowers, salmon who does short stints well and garner who needs time under a good coach but has potential.

Munky

Coach
I didn't get involved in the Sorenson second row argument but I want him in the middle not because I think he'd be a bad second rower but because he really compliments the middle rotation and adds inpact in his own way. We have Martin and Hoskings who should be starting second rowers, salmon who does short stints well and garner who needs time under a good coach but has potential.

This is similar to my opinion.

Off the bench he's a mid game weapon with his late footwork through the forwards.

On an edge he is just an average line runner.

Iamback

Coach
This is similar to my opinion.

Off the bench he's a mid game weapon with his late footwork through the forwards.

On an edge he is just an average line runner.

Being an average line runner helps though.

Take Tago's 2nd try, he timed his run perfectly as opposed to earlier rounds where players weren't in position and the play shut down.

Iamback

Coach

For me with have too many like for like players. Martin and Hoskings are the exact same style

As long as Eisenhuth isn't coming in then it allows you to mix up the bench

Iamback

Coach
Martin can play on the left he’s filled in there for kiks plenty of times I’d be backing him to figure it out pretty quickly. Hosking at this stage has to be in the side as Ennis said last night he had really shut the door on the other options.

Ennis said he should be in 17 every week, Which is true

Latest posts