What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

Coast panther

Juniors
Great to see the Peach get a try almost with his first touch. The watermelon grin on his face was a sight to behold.

Suniva is a talent.

Hoskings will keep Garner out of the NRL side.

If Fish has an injury (looks likely) Lindsay Smith did all the right things. '

Leota played like a demented dog. 161 meters, with 15 carries.

But best of all was Salmon's try to take the score over 50.

Great to see this happen on Yeo's 200th game.
Couldn't of said it better myself

Black Panther

Juniors
Hosking is a great player, no one wins player of the year (NSW Cup) at a club if they are crap. Smith is exactly the type of player we need in first grade. And Peachey while not great, he is still an X factor we could use.

Soni Luke has to be our Hooker when fit though, Mitch Kenny has no spark at all. But he is tough as nails in defense.

age.s

First Grade
That was to be one of the more enjoyable watches in a period in which there have been many many good ones. Just the whole thing. The rock solid defense in the first half, the smooth movement of our attack, the embarrassing moments for that grub Rapana, big big moments from virtually all the new guys, my boy Peachey bobbing up with a trademark try and then the gravy as the J-Man emphatically takes home the weak-gutted-dog cup with a try to move the score past 50. I can't stand Canberra and I had a very genuine cackle when the camera swung to that clown in their coaches box there.

Absolutely juicy, thank you footy gods for an unbelievable night.

Pomoz

Bench
Just finished watching the game and what struck me is Kenny is a shyte hooker, when the ball is played he stands up prior to his passing the ball taking time from Nathan and Yeo, boy I miss Api, we need to fast track Sommerton or look at converting Cogger, I love The way Soni Luke plays but I’m concerned about his longevity as an NRL player, if we can do that I think we can go very close to another Grand Final, we won’t with Kenny, not his fault he’s just not up with the top class hookers
All good except for that last bit. We already have. Kenny just needs a foil after he has done the dirty work. Peachey ain't it. He was awful, even though he scored.

betcats

Referee
L.Smith did well happy for him. Hosking after two games is really making that spot his, he just has something good timing as he accelerates onto a pass and at hole or something, his ability to play big minutes helps our rotation also we might be able to find two stints for Soni once Martin is back.

betcats

Referee
Not going to be talked about much but Smith was pretty damn good I like his little swerve.

Hoskings and Martin are definitely our starting second row.

Yep Smith has that little jink or swerve that beats a tackle every now and then. Looks a bit bigger this year also. Not a leniu type prop but he could still turn into a pretty good one I think if he can get some minutes.

age.s

First Grade
Smith was very well positioned for two big moments, the try saver on Fogarty in the first half and being on the end of a grubber (of all things) for Cleary's try. Not often you see a guy his size bob up like that in broken play.

He was great. Not far off MoM for mine.

Girds89

Bench
Think I was possibly the only person on the forums this year before a ball was kicked that wanted the peach in the 17 and soro training and playing on an edge.....

Soro did very well with limited ball tonight.. and the peach did what I knew he would....

Glad Ivan gave the boys the nod to throw it around.

Hoping fish is OK.

Great win.

Hope the weak gutted Stuart enjoyed

Iamback

Coach
Think I was possibly the only person on the forums this year before a ball was kicked that wanted the peach in the 17 and soro training and playing on an edge.....

Soro did very well with limited ball tonight.. and the peach did what I knew he would....

Glad Ivan gave the boys the nod to throw it around.

Hoping fish is OK.

Great win.

Hope the weak gutted Stuart enjoyed

No I was in that camp.

If Sorensen stays on the edge no reason he can't stay in the side.

Iamback

Coach
Also sometimes just got to admit you're wrong.

Hosking has really impressed me... way more than garner..

He deserves his spot.

Hope he continues to build

Lindsay Smith should keep his spot, Especially after his extended run he will get with Fish out for a few weeks

age.s

First Grade
Sorensen was pretty good. Nice work for Tago's first and defended well. I don't think he dislodges Hosking or Martin at this point, but likely a better option than Garner. More importantly L Smith and Leniu showed enough to suggest our middle can handle the disruption of losing him for a time.

Latest posts