What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Skilled Park - Tickets

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Rain might cancel out the bbq in favour of the pub.

Johnsy, are you going to the game?

_Johnsy

Referee
Mate,
I was'nt going to head up, just got back from the Sydney holiday, easter show then game coupled with a week showing 2 teenage girls all that the greater sydney area including central coast (Avoca beach area) has to offer tends to put quite a dent in the $$$$$.

However, I wont be ruling the 50km trek out just yet. ;-)

SerbDragon

Coach
Ye Pub sounds better willow, safer bet. Holiday Inn has been confirmed as meet the players shindig after the game also. Tomorrows training session has been canceled apparently though.

We will be undercover on game day right? Or should I bring a poncho just in case? I hate rain at the footy, my beer is already watered down to midstrength, I don't need it to become light beer!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ye Pub sounds better willow, safer bet. Holiday Inn has been confirmed as meet the players shindig after the game also. Tomorrows training session has been canceled apparently though.
The Holiday Inn in View Street?

If so, for any Saturday arvo meets, it is very close to The Chateau (edit: on The Esplanade). Cheap food and drinks.

O'Malleys Irish pub (upstairs) on the corner of Esplanade and Cavill is good value as well.

Being a local, what do you think Serb?

Last edited:

SerbDragon

Coach
The Holiday Inn function is directly after the game I think? I could be wrong

next day drinkies would of been nice at the chateau (love that place) however, they are redoing the promenade along the beach so the view is non existent. Omalleys hell yeah ripper view of the beach and the muff.

SerbDragon

Coach
Copy paste from an email I received from qld dragons supporter group.

HI All,
Please note: The Dragons training run on Thursday prior to the Titans game has been cancelled. There will now be a post match function at the Holiday Inn after the match on Friday night. Full details of this are not yet available and I will update when I know more. Note also that this is a RED V function - being a Supporters Club member does not guarantee your access

Yours with the Dragons
Brian

Sweet, I wont panic if I'm not there by 2pm then.

Also, I am torn between wearing two jerseys on Friday. It is either the Red V or the 1996 World 7's strip. I will throw this one to the forum to choose for me!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If anybody wants tickets near half way, give me a yell by PM or here. I got a few spare.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Holiday Inn function is directly after the game I think? I could be wrong

next day drinkies would of been nice at the chateau (love that place) however, they are redoing the promenade along the beach so the view is non existent. Omalleys hell yeah ripper view of the beach and the muff.
I agree with all of that, 'The Chat' is tops but until work is finished, there are better places to take in the scenery. O'Malley's is probably the best corner for 'viewing' in the world.

SerbDragon

Coach
Please note event date and time change
Red V Members will have the opportunity to meet the Dragons players at post match function after the Dragons take on the Titans in Round 6. Please see below for further details:

Date – Friday April 16, 2010
Time – 10:30pm-11:00pm
Location – Holiday Inn – Gold Coast
Room - Sirocco Bay, Level 2

All Red V Members attending must show proof of their membership using your Red V card.

We hope you can make it and we look forward to seeing those of you making the trip to watch the game!

Also there's this:

• Date: 16th April
• Time: 12.30pm-4.00pm
• Venue: Titanium Bar (situated in Surfers Paradise)

• 3 course meal & Drinks
•
Guest speakers include
Legendary Boxing trainer-Johnny Lewis
Current and 5 time World Ironman Champion- Shannon Eckstein
QLD State of Origin Legend- Trevor Gilmeister
Premiership winning player and Fox Sports Commentator- Scott Sattler
• Auctions & Raffles-( some of the auction items include- signed and framed Indigenous All Stars shirt, framed NSW & QLD team of the century print)
• All proceeds go to Junior Rugby League
• Buses leave the Titanium Bar to Skilled Park-booking essential

For more information contact damian@runawaybayjuniors.com.au

I might try and get to the meet + greet thingy if I wake up in time. I'll be at the Titanium Bar during the dinner thingy, but it will be purely on a drinking basis!

Latest posts