What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Souths

Murraymob1

Juniors
All the reports are that Souths will try and bash penrith.must be smart and play footy.the rooters fell for it last year and it cost them the game .Souths are best in the first 20 and last 20 .Just match them in those times we win

Chins get the wins

First Grade
All the reports are that Souths will try and bash penrith.must be smart and play footy.the rooters fell for it last year and it cost them the game .Souths are best in the first 20 and last 20 .Just match them in those times we win
They can't bash us though. That's the game we want 100%

soc123_au

Staff member
We should be able to exploit Jai "I'm a pissant fake tough guy" Arrow up front. I'd look at starting Spencer and letting him go mental.

Nathan will of course pick out Latrell on kicks because he's not a fullback nor will he ever be fit enough to play the position.
Milne in apparently, Spencer should belt him at some point. I'd be targeting him on the first kick chase that Spencer is on field for.

Iamback

Coach
Obviously defence.
Turuva has been impressive.
Nathan as clutch as ever.
Lindsay Smith has looked up to the level.

Apart from that we haven't been good enough. Mitch Kenny and Luai in particular

I'd throw the centres in there too, Really shouldn't be hard to see the attack is way down

Frankus

Juniors
If we play like we did against Manly, we blow them off the park.

If we play like we did against Newcastle (and I don’t think we played poorly) then I think we lose a tight one.

As back to back premiers, every week teams play against us like it’s a grand final.

I just hope it’s a cracking game and we get the 2 points. 26-12.

It is pretty dumb scheduling when you think about from the NRL. Playing Souths twice in 6 weeks.
We have been having a good rivalry with Souths the past few seasons. Both sides finished in the top 4 last season.
It makes sense to play this game on a Friday/Saturday night, or a Sunday afternoon.
Dumb as dog shit to play this on a Thursday night and have one side with a 5 day turn around.

Thursday games are terrible for me. I never watch them live.
I have to get up for work 4:30 am the next day. If the match started @ 7:30 and ended by 9:15ish I would. Starting at 8 is a bridge too far for me unfortunately.
Yes, 5-day turn-arounds suck in big matches.

Is the weather really that bad? My weather app says it is 18 and overcast, but doesn’t suggest rain?

BTW; beautiful morning here in St Albans. Really bright. Spring has sprung.

hindy111

Post Whore
For some reason I feel South will win tonight. Hope I am wrong. I'm just not convinced on what Penrith are doing at the moment.