What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signing

The Popper

Bench
Maybe when sponsors have burped, previous Boards (only - hopefully) have shyt 'emselves. I'm at the stage where I don't care when we pull the trigger, as long as we pull the bloody thing. My hopes and dreams of a Sharks premiership before I die are rapidly evaporating. And the thing that really annoys me is that we have brought a lot of our problems on ourselves e.g. sacking Gow, sacking Lang and Richardson, sacking Bird, treating Gallen like a schoolboy, throwing money away in legal battles e.g. Anderson. The list over the past decade just grew and grew. Particularly with regard to the Bird incident. It appeared to me that committee members thought that they were responsible for Cronulla's success up til August 2008. Well, their actions soon put paid to that line of thinking. Will Bird come back to bite us? Of course he will. But hopefully not again and again and again.

PJ

First Grade
Seymour was sacked under the old board, but from my recollections people on the new board and their supporters were all for getting rid of Bird and Seymour and the new board said Bird would not be coming back.

I like a lot of others here are still and will always be pharking pizzed off about the Bird saga. But it's done and dusted and we need to move on. I have no doubt something will happen down the track and will pizzz us off all over again - that's life as Ned said.

The time is now. Smith could be part of a very bright future for us. Get it done Fisk. If Easts Tigers want some compensation of which they are entitled then so be it.

For me, I wouldn't mind seeing Smith at half, Lewis 5/8 and Barrett at lock. 3 ball players. 3 kickers. Keeps the opposition guessing all day. My opinion only.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I understand that there is confusion regarding which players the club has sacked and the new players with a poor history we have signed.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, but the current Board has not sacked any player since it has been elected?

If this is correct, the current administration should have the freedom to pursue and sign whoever they wish without malice.

My understanding is that the Sharks as a club have learnt through the previous Boards mistakes and one of those is that we will not pull the trigger too early.

Whilst there is the valid discussion as to why we didn't chase Bird back to the club, in my opinion the decision on player signings to this point is pretty black and white.

Ben Orcher and Brett Seymour were both sacked by the new board.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Seymour was sacked under the old board, but from my recollections people on the new board and their supporters were all for getting rid of Bird and Seymour and the new board said Bird would not be coming back.

Absolutely Peej and not making a play for Bird is like being an accessory after the fact AFAIC

Avenger

Immortal
The absolute best move you guys could have made. I would put Smith at 7, Morris at 6. (ie Parra Eels in 2005) and Barret at lock.

Quigs

Immortal
For the Queenslanders in the room.

The ABC Qld cup match on TV today is at 2pm Qld time. It is between Easts and the CQ commets out of Rocky.

East have a halfback on their books called Tim Smith.

Be interested to see if he takes the field ... I'll be watching and keep you posted.

Should get the latest goss off the commentators anyway.

If I hear anything of interest I will keep you that reside south of the Tweed posted.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

carcharias

Immortal
I am starting to think we should have gone after Lote.

then I could have held up a placard of some description that read..

"what a whole lote love"

Quigs

Immortal
Smith is playing for the Easts Tigers...

Commentators want him to stay at Easts and go to Donkeys..

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Smith has had a quiet game during the first 17mins but the tiges are pretty ordinary.

Smith laid on the first try with a good pass he held up close the commets line... and smithy converts.

6 nil to the tiges

Alan Shore

First Grade
Easts are probably trying to see if they can get more money out of the Broncos to retain him. I wouldn't be surprised if we are outbid and they refuse to release him. Lockyer isn't going to last much longer, if at all.

MasterYoda

Juniors
Another good Smith ball, another try.

Pass only as good as runner, fair to say.

Pay the compo, Easts will lose a good player.

Quigs

Immortal
Smith second try assist another good pass putting the fullback on the boil in next to the post.

He held the ball up good timing.

Sh!t defence by the comments but smith is orchestrating everything for the tiges.

Must mention a big line drop out too... a 60 metre job ...

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Smith try... just stepped the defence close to the line.

Bit like a JT job. double step in next to the post

Cheers
Quigs

MasterYoda

Juniors
"it's the Tim Smith Show" says the commentator.

Steps inside scores himself.

Compo pay it you should Mr Fisk....hmmm...yes