What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Yosh

Coach
I don't see that happening. Hastings is constantly barking orders and keeps moving our players around the park. Have not seen that since Joey pretty much.

aqua_duck

Coach
If we revert back to 4 settlers and give it to KP, will people start to say KP is the issue - just like Klemmer was?

Will be interesting if it does...

I actually have faith we're going to put on a good show against the Cowboys. Really hope I'm right. Will be unreal for all of us and the club to know we are capable and legit this year, legit as in being competitive in every game.
I think the template is there now on how to play without having to rely on KP. If KP can just add that extra bit of quality or even just give those outside him an extra yard of space because the opposition defence will be more wary of him that will help immensely.

perverse

Referee
I think the template is there now on how to play without having to rely on KP. If KP can just add that extra bit of quality or even just give those outside him an extra yard of space because the opposition defence will be more wary of him that will help immensely.
It's important that we do a lot of plays "off" KP as well. Use him as a distraction. It'll make him 10x more potent when he does get the ball. If we can finally get the opposite team worrying about the blokes around him as well, he won't know himself. He's rarely enjoyed that luxury.

aqua_duck

Coach
It's important that we do a lot of plays "off" KP as well. Use him as a distraction. It'll make him 10x more potent when he does get the ball. If we can finally get the opposite team worrying about the blokes around him as well, he won't know himself. He's rarely enjoyed that luxury.
100%, I think that’s part of the reason he’s excelled for Qld. The previous game plan here of give it to KP and hope for the best has done him no favours

Knight Tales

Juniors
KP being hidden in the line in attack through distraction could be the biggest weapon we have. He and Lachy need to play a game of cat and mouse in the line and switch on occasions to create doubt. If he gets the ball when the opponents can do nothing about it until is too late we can really hurt teams.

Otherwise known as "Origin KP"

Jono078

Referee
The thread's going a little OT but I just wanted to add; "Origin KP" aint alone. We have Origin Gagai and Origin Saifiti x2 as well.

Spot On

Coach
Gagai is making effective tackles. He’s defending infinitely better than he ever has for QLD or at any stage of his career.

Whoever is responsible for coaching him to tackle in the offseason is an absolute genius.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Players are supposed to get better.

They get worse.

Bite the bullet, it hurts to watch players just get worse.

perverse

Referee
Players are supposed to get better.

They get worse.

Bite the bullet, it hurts to watch players just get worse.
Sadly I think he bought himself the rest of the season because we showed some spirit in the first 6-7 rounds. Cracks starting to show yet again though.